Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm looking for a HPI 7211 Porsche Carerra body set. It doesn't appear like HPI is going to produce anymore by the look of the product status page of Tower Hobbies and Horizon. I guess we're left with whatever stock is left out in stores.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

There is a rotor set on eBay today 3/12. Quick Buy It Now!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarerraRSeattle
There is a rotor set on eBay today 3/12. Quick Buy It Now!
Just bought them...thanks!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm glad someone here got them at a fair price! There's a set in Japan where they're asking $67.00!!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I'm looking for a HPI 7211 Porsche Carerra body set. It doesn't appear like HPI is going to produce anymore by the look of the product status page of Tower Hobbies and Horizon. I guess we're left with whatever stock is left out in stores.
HPI's distribution network is in the middle of a transition. This is why you're seeing parts dry up. They are in the process of becoming distributed exclusively by Great Planes. This is why you can't buy anything from HPI's site.

Going forward, its doubtful that Horizon will sell HPI products since Great Planes is their competitor.

Tower is owned by Great Planes and the carrera body shows on order. So once they pass this transition, you will see them restocked.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, I heard from HPI about their distribution changes and their stoppage of direct sales from their website. I am trying to get one more of the Porsche bodies where it appears no one has them in stock locally in North America. I called HPI inquiring about any future production of the body only to receive a rather vague response. I hope other customers are interested in this enough so that they would make more.

I am just getting around to building my CR kit and have a Savox 1268SG servos to use. Is this servo overkill?
Old 03-25-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes, I heard from HPI about their distribution changes and their stoppage of direct sales from their website. I am trying to get one more of the Porsche bodies where it appears no one has them in stock locally in North America. I called HPI inquiring about any future production of the body only to receive a rather vague response. I hope other customers are interested in this enough so that they would make more.

I am just getting around to building my CR kit and have a Savox 1268SG servos to use. Is this servo overkill?
You can use whatever servo fits, but I have been using a stock Futaba S3003 servo in mine since I built it.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Hi all. I tried team999 I called and e-mail more then once got no response.
So i stayed away. To bad they seem to have alot
Old 03-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Are the rotor kits rare or something?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Are the rotor kits rare or something?
I don't think they produced many sets and they're now discontinued. I bought a set on eBay last fall and I haven't seen another set available until last week!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone know of an cvd alternative? I drift mine, need more angle and this is the current limiting factor. W metal, I can shave and caress. I don't think there's much plastic I can remove without jeopardizing integrity.

I've got a tt01 front one way, stand up front shocks and working on the steering angle. Can't wait to pick up a fresh 510 shell.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

I don't think they produced many sets and they're now discontinued. I bought a set on eBay last fall and I haven't seen another set available until last week!
and I bought those suckers.....bazinga!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

hello everyone,

Just incase any of you guys did not know. HPI cup racer BNIB now goes for 370$ in ebay. I just now won mines and there were 24 bidders.

so you guys hold on to these bad boys and keep em in tip top shape. best M chassis RC in the market from what everyone has told me thats why i had to get it.

Cant wait to get it.

Last edited by -jacob-; 03-31-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

I was lucky to be able to find a BNIB kit last September at Mike's Discount Motors for $149 shipped. It's interesting to see these kits somewhat resurfacing and their values escalate. The kit I got comes with the Levin Toyota Corolla that I will eventually sell off, PM me if anyone here is interested. I have been able to find a couple of the Porsche bodies that I am planning to paint in the Martiini scheme as well as in a 73 Carrera factory color. Please post pics of your build as I will do likewise.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

I was lucky to be able to find a BNIB kit last September at Mike's Discount Motors for $149 shipped. It's interesting to see these kits somewhat resurfacing and their values escalate. The kit I got comes with the Levin Toyota Corolla that I will eventually sell off, PM me if anyone here is interested. I have been able to find a couple of the Porsche bodies that I am planning to paint in the Martiini scheme as well as in a 73 Carrera factory color. Please post pics of your build as I will do likewise.
Nice man,
you are lucky..... however any update on the Front Differential Shaft.

The Groupbuy would make me # 7 right if you are stilll able to get these made???

- Jacob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.