Like Tree1Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Reply

Old 05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
  #391  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,519
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

For arguments sake,lets say you are correct.Fine.But your approach leads people to turn off the hearing part of their brains because your abrasive at least.Addressing concerns and being a whiny B**** is 2 different things.I am sure Losi and AE decided to update their cars because the almighty battery pusher from the outback said so.Don't you have some cheap stick packs to sell?

I must admit,wearing the troll outfit for this post feels quite nice!
racenut123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:54 PM
  #392  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (35)
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
For arguments sake,lets say you are correct.Fine.But your approach leads people to turn off the hearing part of their brains because your abrasive at least.Addressing concerns and being a whiny B**** is 2 different things.I am sure Losi and AE decided to update their cars because the almighty battery pusher from the outback said so.Don't you have some cheap stick packs to sell?

I must admit,wearing the troll outfit for this post feels quite nice!
i never said they updated their cars because of me but rather the features that were wrong were mentioned early on.

It is the same with the Cup Racer. I am now sorry that I even mentioned the problems. But it is always this way. The guys who have bought them feel personally insulted because I criticise a car they have bought.

What would you prefer if you were about to buy? Someone telling you to watch out because the stick pack lipo doesn't fit OR finding out after you bought it that the lipos you have dont fit ?

Some cheap stick packs to sell? At least my prices are better than what you are paying in the USA
cannon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:44 AM
  #393  
Tech Fanatic
 
Frank McKinney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A Yank in England
Posts: 755
Default

Jesus, where's the freakin' ignore button?
Frank McKinney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:42 AM
  #394  
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

Just ignore Cannon since this is rapidly becoming the "Argue with Cannon because the Cup Racer is overengineered" thread. Just let him start his own where people who want to hear his ranting can.
Chiefy 707 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:56 AM
  #395  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (35)
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

OK guys, I wil leave you alone

Enjoy your car. The bodyshells are awesome. Mini racing is fun so enjoy
cannon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:00 AM
  #396  
Tech Fanatic
 
Frank McKinney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A Yank in England
Posts: 755
Default

Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
Just ignore Cannon since this is rapidly becoming the "Argue with Cannon because the Cup Racer is overengineered" thread. Just let him start his own where people who want to hear his ranting can.
If he posts here again like he's done before we can all just report him to the mods for trolling.
Frank McKinney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:04 AM
  #397  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,020
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by freeway View Post
the 1M 510 kit is already out at my LHS, very tempting if i didnt already have one.


I wonder if that means the bodies are available as well??
k_bojar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:06 AM
  #398  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,020
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank McKinney View Post
If he posts here again like he's done before we can all just report him to the mods for trolling.
Hey Frank - when you coming back to the USA?? I'm sure Ray Murray would love to have you stop by the NJ HPI challenge again
k_bojar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:21 AM
  #399  
Tech Fanatic
 
Frank McKinney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A Yank in England
Posts: 755
Default

Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
Hey Frank - when you coming back to the USA?? I'm sure Ray Murray would love to have you stop by the NJ HPI challenge again
If someone can pay the airfare I'd be happy to as it is I can only take 2 weeks maximum vacation at a time and that's not enough to visit 3 places unfortunately...my gf's brother lives in IN so we have to stop by there, my mom's in TX and I still haven't gone to visit CA since I left so not sure how I can handle it...maybe I can just call in sick for a week or two with the swine flu

anyway I'd love to visit again, always good fun in NJ I've got family there, plus visits to Friendly's & White Castle, and NYC is close by...
Frank McKinney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:47 AM
  #400  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Tommi Makkinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Somewhere... still racing...
Posts: 4,698
Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)
Default

I havent bought a Cup Racer kit since im still mulling over a choice of either the ABC Genetic, HPI Cup Racer or any equivalent chassis. my criteria for buying one would be a combination of ease of assembly and availability of spare parts (emphasis on the latter)

while it is noble to point out any possible flaws of a given product to give awareness to the potential or existing buyers, it is entirely a different matter to continuously state unwarranted negative comments about a product to the point that "trolling" and "flamebait" are inevitable.

if you want changes to be made to improve a product, ranting on websites like a grumpy old man is an utter waste of time. do the direct approach. send your comments straight to the manufacturer. it always works.

i've said my piece...




just my 2 cents in...
Tommi Makkinen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:57 AM
  #401  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen View Post
I havent bought a Cup Racer kit since im still mulling over a choice of either the ABC Genetic, HPI Cup Racer or any equivalent chassis. my criteria for buying one would be a combination of ease of assembly and availability of spare parts (emphasis on the latter)
.
I would really be interested in the ABC Genetic, but ABC stuff is hard to come by around here. Thats why Im going with the cup racer and will order the ABC shells where ever I can find them.
snoopyrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:38 AM
  #402  
Tech Fanatic
 
Frank McKinney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A Yank in England
Posts: 755
Default

Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
I would really be interested in the ABC Genetic, but ABC stuff is hard to come by around here. Thats why Im going with the cup racer and will order the ABC shells where ever I can find them.
TBH I would feel the same way even if I weren't all "HPI fo life!" There are a lot of the Japanese kits that look great (ABC, Kawada, Cross, etc.) but you can't go too wrong with anything that is well-supported, either by a LHS or online sales.
Frank McKinney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:53 AM
  #403  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
freeway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 326
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post


I wonder if that means the bodies are available as well??
last thing HPI rep said on here was they were just waiting for the decals that go in the bag for the 510, so i guess those will be out shortly.
parts support really is a big point when buying any kit, with the cupracer i dove in knowing its a new product and parts will not be too far behind, i am tempted at getting a genetic kit since the LHS i frequent carries parts for them, only thing setting me back is the choice between a genetic kit or the new 08 tamiya DF-03RA rally kit and i cant afford both at the same time.
freeway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:24 AM
  #404  
JS
Tech Master
iTrader: (70)
 
JS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default 510 body

Does anyone have an idea on how much the 510 body would cost?
The ABC bodies are around $40~$50. I hope that it would be cheaper. The old HPI mini bodies cost around $25~ before. I'm guessing it wont be that cheap.
JS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:27 AM
  #405  
JS
Tech Master
iTrader: (70)
 
JS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by freeway View Post
last thing HPI rep said on here was they were just waiting for the decals that go in the bag for the 510, so i guess those will be out shortly.
parts support really is a big point when buying any kit, with the cupracer i dove in knowing its a new product and parts will not be too far behind, i am tempted at getting a genetic kit since the LHS i frequent carries parts for them, only thing setting me back is the choice between a genetic kit or the new 08 tamiya DF-03RA rally kit and i cant afford both at the same time.
Freeway - the DF-03RA is nice looking kit. By far the best looking rally kit, in my opinion. I'm really thinking of getting one. Not sure if it can handle a true off-road track built for 1/8 and 1/10 scale truggies and buggies with big jumps. Have you test driven one?
JS is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service