Like Tree1Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Reply

Old 05-02-2009, 04:13 AM
  #361  
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
I'm afraid I'm going to be the only local with one of these. Oh well I will have fun with it.
I came close to "buying it now" on eBay from some HK seller but the cost with shipping would've been ridiculous. So I Googled "ABC Hobby Celica 1600gt" and found Toysonics.com from City of Industry, CA. Still paid a pretty ridiculous price for a body but at least I got old school Celica I always wanted sooner and a bit cheaper.
Chiefy 707 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:22 PM
  #362  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the sources guys. I really had wanted a TC with an m chassis footprint. I had thought about the Genetic, but im shy about buying from HK shops. I'm in for one of those Celicas. Love the Z too. Bring on the ABC shells.
snoopyrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:43 PM
  #363  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
freeway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 326
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

^^^ all the while i thought you were asking bout the 1M, my bad.
anywhoo my LHS offered me $165 for a new genetic M kit, either that or another cupracer. what you guys think ???
freeway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:53 PM
  #364  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
charlie_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,852
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by freeway View Post
^^^ all the while i thought you were asking bout the 1M, my bad.
anywhoo my LHS offered me $165 for a new genetic M kit, either that or another cupracer. what you guys think ???
What shop was this? $165 is super cheap.
charlie_b is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:10 PM
  #365  
Tech Fanatic
 
akura2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paramount, CA
Posts: 817
Default

Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
What shop was this? $165 is super cheap.
seriously...

I paid 175 for mine
akura2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:10 PM
  #366  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
freeway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 326
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

speedshop in hawthorne, owner is a great guy.
freeway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:13 PM
  #367  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
freeway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 326
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i hesitated since to upgrade the shocks would cost me bout $50 more so its in the 1M price range, still debating the offer though.
freeway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:13 PM
  #368  
Tech Fanatic
 
akura2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paramount, CA
Posts: 817
Default

Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
I came close to "buying it now" on eBay from some HK seller but the cost with shipping would've been ridiculous. So I Googled "ABC Hobby Celica 1600gt" and found Toysonics.com from City of Industry, CA. Still paid a pretty ridiculous price for a body but at least I got old school Celica I always wanted sooner and a bit cheaper.

How mush did you pay for the body?

I just got one in the mail yesterday from ABChobbyusa.com.... it's niiiice


I've got an ABC.. but I'm getting a Cup Racer too, just in case HPI puts on a spec race

my ABC:
Made all my own decals



I can't wait to start racing these little cars again) I still have my M01 Mini
akura2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:15 PM
  #369  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
freeway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 326
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by akura2 View Post
How mush did you pay for the body?

I just got one in the mail yesterday from ABChobbyusa.com.... it's niiiice


I've got an ABC.. but I'm getting a Cup Racer too, just in case HPI puts on a spec race

my ABC:
Made all my own decals



I can't wait to start racing these little cars again) I still have my M01 Mini
great work on that body mang. wish i had the patience for such work.
freeway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:22 PM
  #370  
Tech Fanatic
 
akura2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paramount, CA
Posts: 817
Default

Originally Posted by freeway View Post
great work on that body mang. wish i had the patience for such work.
thanks.. I can't wait to get to my new Celica
akura2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:30 PM
  #371  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
freeway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 326
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

when you get the cupracer let me know how it is compared to the genetic, im clueless on the ABC kit.
below are some ABC i just finished, the 510 is still WIP but you see what i mean by skill and patience i need to do bodies.




freeway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:23 AM
  #372  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,020
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

ok - silly question..

has anyone found a way for the nuts in the cvds to stay in place? I went to attach my wheels and 3 of the 4 nuts were pushed from their 'seats'

Any ideas?
k_bojar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:30 AM
  #373  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (35)
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
ok - silly question..

has anyone found a way for the nuts in the cvds to stay in place? I went to attach my wheels and 3 of the 4 nuts were pushed from their 'seats'

Any ideas?


Welcome to the world of overengineered design as I said before
cannon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:43 AM
  #374  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Posts: 159
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I found that as well. I will be taking them apart and gluing them in.
Bodywerx_rc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:43 AM
  #375  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
Big Daddy Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Makati, Philippines
Posts: 1,725
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Gluing the internal lock nuts may be a good idea. Contact or rubber cement perhaps? For now, I just tilt the car so that the nut would lean onto the screw.
Big Daddy Cool is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service