Wiki Posts
Search

Another discharger question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Another discharger question

I have a chance to pick up an octane 2 or a reactor 20 for a good price. The reactor has an adjustable auto cutoff which is nice... shoud I go for the reactor or the octane? I run nimh packs only.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default reactor 30

i have the reactor 30... it has worked great for me so far. never used an octane tho.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Default Another discharger question

AWOLsoldier;

The Octane 2 is a Tray that Discharges the cells individually (for equalizing) and the Reactor 20 discharges the pack as a whole. Ideally, it would be the best to have BOTH.

Visit the Integy website for more information.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

What the reactor is used for is completing the discharge cycle after a run or to cycle packs. The Octane tray is then used to equalize each cell individually. If you had to get one or the other get the reactor nimh cells will benifit alot more from going through a complete cycle every time than equalization. But idealy both is best, although alot of others seem to think that equalization of nimh cells is not necessary, I do it because I have the tray and think it would be ignorant of me not to use the tools that I paid for. Better safe than sorry.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
What the reactor is used for is completing the discharge cycle after a run or to cycle packs. The Octane tray is then used to equalize each cell individually. If you had to get one or the other get the reactor nimh cells will benifit alot more from going through a complete cycle every time than equalization. But idealy both is best, although alot of others seem to think that equalization of nimh cells is not necessary, I do it because I have the tray and think it would be ignorant of me not to use the tools that I paid for. Better safe than sorry.
Thanks guys, can always get clear answers. I feel like such a n00b but i've been racing 1/8th scale gas for a while and getting back into electrics has me asking so many questions.

Oh and i'll go for the reactor and then pick up an equalizing tray later.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Thanks

hey AWOL.. ill be a NOOB with you. you asked the question i wanted and was too shy to ask now i got my answers! time to buy the rayspeed tray discharger
Old 11-13-2003, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Hebiki
hey AWOL.. ill be a NOOB with you. you asked the question i wanted and was too shy to ask now i got my answers! time to buy the rayspeed tray discharger
Yah if you can find one!