R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-04-2009, 06:07 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Big problem with tt01 - interference?

Hey guys,

Here's a video of our other tt01.

When throttling forward then we'd brake the car would shoot forward at full speed.
Makes playing chasey not so fun heh

I bought it inside and have swapped:

Crystals
Receiver
ESC (but the other spare we have appears to be rather unhappy, looks like the previous owner liked playing in dust and water )

We keep getting the same thing

In the video the "tick" noises are more like a servo trying to go, the camera didn't pick it up very well.

I coiled the motor wires tightly together to reduce noise but it didn't appear to have helped.

Could anyone help me please, I'm not sure what to do next.

BTW it's my mums tt01 and she's getting grumpy that it doesn't work LOL

www.supra.co.nz/rccar/tt01.wmv

When the transmitter is about 6" away, if I wave it around I can hear something like a servo going ever so slightly, When I wave it over the motor and wires across the car I don't get it, only when moving from a distance
suprra_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Somebody please help?
Old 02-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Have you tried a different transmitter? The whole waving the antenna and getting interference leads me to think you may have a bad transmitter.

Three words...

Ready... Steady... Confetti!!!! (gonna need a new one of those)
SpraydbySprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Well the video is kinda dark so it's hard to say but first off you really need to tidy up those wires. I couldn't even see where your antenna wire was on the reciever. you need to make sure the motor wires, battery wires, and even the ESC are as far away from the reciever and antenna wire as possible. You might want to try moving the reciever up on top of the servo to get it further away. And make sure to get the antenna wire vertical in an antenna tube, away from power wires.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
Tech Initiate

Nope, that's one thing I didn't think to try.

I'll try that soon

Thanks
Old 02-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Well the video is kinda dark so it's hard to say but first off you really need to tidy up those wires. I couldn't even see where your antenna wire was on the reciever. you need to make sure the motor wires, battery wires, and even the ESC are as far away from the reciever and antenna wire as possible. You might want to try moving the reciever up on top of the servo to get it further away. And make sure to get the antenna wire vertical in an antenna tube, away from power wires.
Yea it is a wee bit dark, if you look you can see I have the receiver right at the front and the antenna is drooping on the table, I did read about receiver wires not crossing the power wires so I put it right up the front so it shouldn't interfer... hopefully lol
Old 02-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

So I tried another attack t2er transmitter, I was getting similar results. The car was on one side of 3 cars in our driveway and I started walking away from it, the car was turning left and right when I wasn't doing anything. When I throttled and braked I could hear it did not stop when I applied the brake but a couple of seconds later.

I will try switching another battery in just in case.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:23 PM   #8
Tech Initiate

So I have tried the other transmitter to no avail, same thing. I switched receivers again and the problem has actually magnified. With the other one I could actually get a few meters distance before it started turning steering etc. I cannot even get a meter away without some serious glitching.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Keep swapping components that you know work properly, borrow from a friend if you have to. I had a similar problem before and it turned out to be my steering servo.
It could also be your ESC. Check all of your voltages with a volt/ohm meter.
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprra_girl View Post
Yea it is a wee bit dark, if you look you can see I have the receiver right at the front and the antenna is drooping on the table, I did read about receiver wires not crossing the power wires so I put it right up the front so it shouldn't interfer... hopefully lol
Well besides being away from power wires it needs to have a good portion of it vertical to get good signal. Also extend your tx antenna more as I've had that be an issue. But besides that your RX may still need to move seeing as how close it is to the ESC. Sometimes they can sit right next to each other and work fine and other times not. I've even seen 2 of the same brand with one work fine and the other not when sitting in that place.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #11
Tech Initiate

So it turns out the receiver is fubar, and so are the other 2 I have :/

Its obviously sensitive and the tt01 was just being a pain
We went to the lhs and he replaced pretty much everything for testing and when putting in a new receiver we no longer had glitching.

Apparently the steering servo is getting a bit old too. A new controller kit we got offered was the fm acroms (sp?) 4 ch 27mhz for $55 which I thought was pretty good.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help