Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray X10 World GT Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Nothing against the other companies but with the economy the way it is, support the U.S. models.

Originally Posted by ricker96
i've been looking to get into 1/10 pan car (WGT) for most of the winter months.
after looking at the different chassis avaliable they all show good qualities, crc leads the way by being the most powertrain friendly, xray for being simple and easy to make go fast, and AE for being a little different for once.

i'm still undecided mainly because xray does have great quality parts, but the others are locally produced here in the USA so that also influence's me!
as for which i'll buy still up in the air?

as for the guys bashing the design and innovation of the xray, just don't buy it if you don't like it then don't look at the xray site and just forget about them existing if that's what you need to make you guys feel better, forums are for positive feedback!!!

Ricky Gratton Jr
Old 03-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
Now the xrax with saddle setup? That is going to make it hard to run a lipo unless you are able to find a saddle lipo.

My two cents
There are already 2S Saddle lipo's available and soon a 1S Saddle lipo

EA
Old 03-14-2009, 07:49 AM
Team EAM

Nothing against the other companies but with the economy the way it is, support the U.S. models.
Well if your going to do that then CRC and BMI are the only company who has most of their parts made in the US. And are owned by people in the US.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of people (distributors) that sell the other cars that ARE in the US and make a living doing this. So either way you are bringing money to the US distributors.

EA
Old 03-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

which are made in china.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sabin
which are made in china.
And China has a ton of money invested in our markets... We're also borrowing money like mad from them while we stabilize our markets.

Slovakia does not have even a fraction of what China invests with the US.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:51 AM
Team EAM

I guess the plain jane "optimized" car isnt so bad. 2 cars in the man at the Nationals in their very first event with near zero track time.

Good to see there are so many options now in WGT for people to select from.

EA
Old 03-23-2009, 08:12 AM
wwoodruff

Yawn, another t-plate car. I thought Xray could do better than that.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:21 AM
wwoodruff

Originally Posted by HarryN
I almost suffered an "optimized" concussion from laughing so "luxuriously" hard after reading these in the "Main Features" of the car:

• Legendary XRAY premium design, workmanship & material quality and unmatched attention to the finest details
• Based on the conventional and proven pan car platform with redesign by legendary RC designer and XRAY’s award-winning Chief Designer - Ing. Hudy Juraj
• Simple yet effective and proven design, well thought-out details, unmatched precision of all small details
• Specially designed and optimized for brushless and brushed motors
• High-competition design with focus on ultra-low weight, resulting in super-lightweight construction.

I need to change my pants now!
You guys are hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Very nice
Old 03-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Way to go Xray on the first major outing with the car.

I can't wait for my car!

Great driving Eric, your car was fast!
Old 03-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Buy them all and Test!!

Thats my Plan!!

After i do that and Test them all....then i will let Harry, Arvin, Reggie, Perry, Stokes and a few others try them.... then we can compare all the apples!!!

I have:
1 - BMI DB10
2 - 10R5's
2 - CRC Gen X 10's

Waiting for:
Xray X10
Speedmerchant
Corally
Darkside

All with Corvette Bodies, Tekin Speed Controls, 4600 batteries, Spektrum DX3R Radios with DSM2 Rcvrs set to 5.5 frame rate. JAco Tires and Blue Body Clips! Cars will wieght 1105 Grams per WGT Specs, Track conditions will be the same.

Then we will all know!!!! it will be like a car and driver review!
Old 03-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I guess the plain jane "optimized" car isnt so bad. 2 cars in the man at the Nationals in their very first event with near zero track time.

Good to see there are so many options now in WGT for people to select from.

EA
I think they could have been in the A-main if they drove Bricks with tires on them LOL
the only reason their wasn't more in the main is because all the other sponsored driver already had rides LOL
Old 03-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Casey Belarde
I think they could have been in the A-main if they drove Bricks with tires on them LOL
the only reason their wasn't more in the main is because all the other sponsored driver already had rides LOL
You may want to look at the entry list. There were some very heavy hitters in the B main and if I am not mistaken the WGT A main was the closest main there top to bottom in qualifying.

EA
Old 03-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Let's see how this car performs. It is very optimized to be a copy...er... luxurious car to stand above the rest!!

But yeah, I will drive it first. I just get a huge kick off their website about how Hudy nuts over this car yet it is nothing more than a carbon fiber board that can't even take a 2S LiPo like the CRC can.

So optimized and luxurious. I think Hudy could have done a much better job on this car if they weren't thinking about tried and true technology to maximize their profits. Now, how about that CEFX 10th scale pan car. THAT car looks like a contender.

But this is my opinion, so chillax.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wow, I totally missed seeing this thread first time around. I just started looking into the whole WGT thing since I'm thinking of getting one for next winter (I know, it's early for that).

Here's my take on this car:

Yep, it's not innovative at all. That kinda sux but there is a good side. I guarantee you that this car will work very well. How can I know that? Because the 10L, 12L, CEFX, T-Fource, HB, XII and every other similar T-bar car all work very well.

I really like the design of the CRC and BMI cars but I prefer T-plate cars. They have always been faster for me.

So, liking T-plate cars as I do you might expect me to jump on the X-ray bandwagon and get one of these right? Nope, I think I might have to go with a CEFX car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.