R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #106
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

I think the car looks good for a simple low cost class. I think Drew is right, if you want something that pushes innovation this car is not for you. If you want a simple design with great fit and finish then this car is for you.

I am not sure why so many people are hating on a car that has just been announced and is intended as a simple class.

As far as lipo goes I do believe saddle packs are available that can be mounted into the design with some imagination. Again if you want a lipo car then find one that fits your design requirements.

I look forward to the car on the track as that is where it counts. Not debating on an open forum where people seem to have a mechanical engineering degree.

Race on.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #107
Tech Master

Parma should go after XRay for such a blatant copy of their Days of Thunder chassis design (circa 1990).

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #108
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It's not a matter of people wanting the car to be the most advanced. It's a matter of typical Xray BS marketing about how advanced the car is and how "OPTIMIZED" and "REFINED" the car is, when everyone knows that (once again) they're blowing smoke out of their @$$. Their entire brand is pretty much built around hype and fanboys. Eventually they're going to have to release the "Exclusive" Neck Brace made from Hudy Spring Steel so that Juraj Hudy will be able to travel to races and still manage to keep that huge ego and big head of his from causing him to keep falling over. Hell, then he'd be "OPTIMIZED"!
Serzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #109
Tech Master

All I can say is stop HATING thats all it is your a hater and you know it if you don't like XRAY don't buy it please don't buy it, don't go to the website and read are BS stop coming on are theards and showing us what a big hater you are and trust me there focus is not the US market they are a euro company and right know that is where all the rc stuff is selling and being made so they could care less what you think if your so good at marketing start your own company..Thanks Drew
Old 02-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #110
Tech Master

Would someone like to confirm what 1/12 chassis Paul Lemieux was using at this year's Snowbird Nationals?

Old 02-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #111
Tech Master

Old 02-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #112
Tech Adept

Wow, Drew Ellis, you just lost a lot of face for Xray there. Telling customers they don't matter is shooting yourself in the foot. Why don't you try to convince us why we should buy it instead?
Yub, yub, cmdr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #113
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
All I can say is stop HATING thats all it is your a hater and you know it if you don't like XRAY don't buy it please don't buy it, don't go to the website and read are BS stop coming on are theards and showing us what a big hater you are and trust me there focus is not the US market they are a euro company and right know that is where all the rc stuff is selling and being made so they could care less what you think if your so good at marketing start your own company..Thanks Drew
A. My 1/8th scale buggy is an Xray (I got a deal on it.. I didn't buying because of the optimization of the spring steel parts..)
B. I do work for an marketing company.

Trust me.. since Xray doesn't care what I think, I won't be buying anymore of their vehicles.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #114
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

:sm ile:
Fastforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #115
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to weaponx

Wow I didnt know Bolink was making cars again. hehe
weaponx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #116
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponx View Post
Wow I didnt know Bolink was making cars again. hehe
Actually they do.. sort of.

http://www.rjspeed.com/
Old 02-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #117
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Whats up guys well me being a xray guy i am here to help with any questions.I am glad to see everyone so amped for are new car especially Bob Stormer. You guys seem to know alot, but the price on the car has not been made and i think you will all be surprised on it . As for as the simple design its a simple class if you guys want innovative buy a touring car and what is SO innovative about the other cars in this class.So thanks for the support and all the comments good or bad we will just see at the races meaning the nats how are simple car does....Thanks Drew
CRC's car? Gen X 10? Simple? Well yes. But it is definitely innovative.

As far as the price, we're dying to know!!

By the way, are all Xray guys like you arrogant? We're just making an observation and just trying to expect what the price may be. Xray is notorious for being super expensive for what little it gives over the other TCs, for the most part (NOT ENTIRELY).
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:01 PM   #118
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

This is a bit of a disapointment to say the least. First this year, the release of a $300 "budget car" T2R pro, without adjustable turnbuckles, and now this. Xray could have made a statement with this car and helped with the growth of this class, it needed to be lipo ready.
jland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #119
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

The cost would have to be more then $270, the cost of the Xray XII. Same parts and more carbon fiber.
jland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #120
Tech Adept

HAHA!! This thread has some good creativity in it! I chuckled at a couple of the 'optimized' captions. Maybe XRAY should add some of you to their ad team! We all know that Mario and his staff are fond of their adjectives, but it is a bit difficult to highlight some of the quality/materials differences between brands without just attacking others(which they will not do). It's interesting that the HUDY brand, which has been copied by more Chinese knockoff's than I can count, doesn't receive the same attention that some of you seem to do here. These knock offs actually provide a low quality imitations that sponge off the positive track record of HUDY, and give the customer less for their money. They offer no improvements, changes, features that set them apart, they actually hope you mistake it for a HUDY brand item. Apparently, nobody has an issue with that! XRAY may be a bit over the top with some of their listings, but they have always tried to provide the highest quality, best performing, most optimized product possible. The same 'enthusiastic' staff that everyone seems to be bagging on is also responsible for one of the best looking and most informative site in the industry. Their ads always look great, and their site/forum give more info and access to XRAY customers than just about any other brand!

After reading through three pages of posting from a few people, I was reminded of a scene from the movie Jay and Silent Bob. Ben Affleck is describing a new website Movie Poop Shoot where movie enthusiasts were posting their opinions about Jay and Bob. I believe Affleck's quote was "This is a site populated by militant movie buffs....downloading scripts and what they think is inside information about movies and actors they claim to despise yet can't stop discussing." That seemed to describe many XRAY threads on this site pretty well! Once the kits reach the tracks, I expect this one will settle down too, just like the other threads. I think I have a link to that actual audio somewhere, but the rest of the movie is pretty vulgar and probably not appropriate here!

XRAY has always been responsive to their customers. This may not be what everyone envisioned, but it seems a bit premature to write it off before one has even hit our tracks. Just look at their new 2009 spec off-road kits. They addressed just about every concern/issue that customers brought up over the past year. If there turns out to be some issues or class changes for the X10, I am sure XRAY will respond. If World GT turns into a LiPo only class in the future, I am sure XRAY will respond appropriately. I can't promise they will change their marketing speak though!

Drew has been a long time XRAY guy and very loyal to RC America and XRAY, so I know why he gets fired up about some of the attacks. Drew puts in more effort into helping racers than just about anyone I have met. It does seem a bit odd that in three pages of posts, there wasn't much of anything about what I would expect would be the number one criteria in a race car, performance! Once the cars are out, I am sure Drew, Ralph, and the rest of the team will be more than happy to assist with any questions or setup help possible.

McSmooth - I believe Paul ran a Trinity 1/12 car at the 'Birds. I won't speak publically about private affairs, but pro drivers race these cars for more than just fun, and Paul has a family to take care of

AndrewD- I think P2 may have answered your questions about the front end, but if we can help with any other info, don't hesitate to call us at the office!

Everyone - We don't have final pricing yet, but we expect it to be close to the XII. I would guess that info will be available from XRAY(then us) shortly.

Bryan
RC America
RC America is offline   Reply With Quote