Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray X10 World GT Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ricker96
i'm still undecided mainly because xray does have great quality parts, but the others are locally produced here in the USA so that also influence's me!
as for which i'll buy still up in the air?
If it proves to be true that the front end (and the rest of the car) uses X-Ray-only parts and is not compatible with other manufacturers, then I think that's a big negative.

The cool thing about almost all other pancars (excluding Tamiya) is that a lot of parts are interchangeable between manufacturers, so if you think one manufacturer's front end works better than the stock one you can attach it to your car with no problems.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thomas_H
If it proves to be true that the front end (and the rest of the car) uses X-Ray-only parts and is not compatible with other manufacturers, then I think that's a big negative.

The cool thing about almost all other pancars (excluding Tamiya) is that a lot of parts are interchangeable between manufacturers, so if you think one manufacturer's front end works better than the stock one you can attach it to your car with no problems.
The new serpent front end is not compatible with any other car. The new AE front end is not compatible with anyone elses car either. Seems to be the going trend right now.

EA
Old 02-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

....forums are for positive feedback!!!

Ricky Gratton Jr
Not sure where you got that from but...uhhh not so. Forums are for honest feedback, opinions (positive or negative), and gathering information.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

sorry, it's for feedback related to helping make RC racing better!
if it's to tell a company there car needs this or that or if a car needs this setup, or a change, then that's constructive and helps everyone learn.
the guys on here talking crap and dawgin on new cars or gear is not needed and doesn't belong on this forum, just my opinion
but it's fun reading the stupid posts anyways!!
Old 02-08-2009, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i'm still undecided mainly because xray does have great quality parts, but the others are locally produced here in the USA so that also influence's me!
as for which i'll buy still up in the air?

Ricky Gratton Jr
Hate to burst your bubble, but AE is China or Taiwan? Wherever Thunder Tiger is, but it definitely is not U.S.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme
Hate to burst your bubble, but AE is China or Taiwan? Wherever Thunder Tiger is, but it definitely is not U.S.
ThunderTiger is from Taiwan.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
The new serpent front end is not compatible with any other car. The new AE front end is not compatible with anyone elses car either. Seems to be the going trend right now.

EA
The Serpent front end can bolt onto any "standard" chassis, like the pic here from Stormer
Attached Thumbnails Xray X10 World GT Car-ser411178_3.jpg  
Old 02-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

as for the guys bashing the design and innovation of the xray, just don't buy it if you don't like it then don't look at the xray site and just forget about them existing if that's what you need to make you guys feel better, forums are for positive feedback!!!

Ricky Gratton Jr
Magazine reviews are for positive feedback. Forums are for opinions of all kind, even the ones we don't like or agree with.

Last edited by Adam?; 02-08-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
The Serpent front end can bolt onto any "standard" chassis, like the pic here from Stormer
Do they have insert adapters for the 8/32 screws for the arms? Cause the Serpent cars I seen I thought had smaller 3mm screws. I know the AE front end is different and so is the Xray.

EA
Old 02-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

xray is on of the very few that dont manufacture their stuff in china/asia. associated, losi, serpent.. alot of the big companies makes 95% of their stuff in china/asia, its not economical to do it elsewhere, especially not with todays economical situation!

both associated and losi for example have their manufacturing made in asia, and have had that for a long time..

its both good and bad.. you get cheaper kits and parts, but its not producing new jobs in your country where the company has its location.. its the same with alot of companies worldwide.. the cost to produce anything is soo much cheaper in asia today.

enough off topic!

i think that the xray looks good, good old reliable technology, dont have to be a revolution to be a fast car!
Old 02-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hatebreed
xray is on of the very few that dont manufacture their stuff in china/asia. associated, losi, serpent.. alot of the big companies makes 95% of their stuff in china/asia, its not economical to do it elsewhere, especially not with todays economical situation!

both associated and losi for example have their manufacturing made in asia, and have had that for a long time..

its both good and bad.. you get cheaper kits and parts, but its not producing new jobs in your country where the company has its location.. its the same with alot of companies worldwide.. the cost to produce anything is soo much cheaper in asia today.

enough off topic!

i think that the xray looks good, good old reliable technology, dont have to be a revolution to be a fast car!
Surprised this thread is still going. I have a better proposition:

Let's wait for the car to come out, people to drive it, then we can talk about the car and actually have some constructive criticism after driving it. Pictures of the car tell us no innovation has been put into the car. But who knows, maybe tried and true technology is where it really lies? The only thing that will scare myself and maybe a lot of other people (aside from the Xray blind folks) from this car is if it is priced well above what all the other pan cars are priced at.

Again, praise or jeers, not warranted until it comes out.

P.S. Here is a hipocrite score for me: I purchased a Xray T2'009! So all you Xray people that hate my guts, start laughing.......NOW!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Do they have insert adapters for the 8/32 screws for the arms? Cause the Serpent cars I seen I thought had smaller 3mm screws. I know the AE front end is different and so is the Xray.

EA
I have no idea, I just remembered seeing the pic of the front end on stormers site.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:36 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by HarryN
P.S. Here is a hipocrite score for me: I purchased a Xray T2'009! So all you Xray people that hate my guts, start laughing.......NOW!
I dont think anyone hates ya...you kno how the internet is!!! Glad to hear you bought a 009. If you need any help ask just let us know.

EA
Old 02-09-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I dont think anyone hates ya...you kno how the internet is!!! Glad to hear you bought a 009. If you need any help ask just let us know.

EA
Definitely. And who knows... maybe I will be one of those cases where they hate a product brand name so much that they actually become its biggest fan! Hahaha!

I figured since my track was leaning more towards running Xrays, I follow the fold as well. Definitely going to have a wonderful collection with my AVID and now the T2'009.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Agreed! The Gen X 10 has the best of both worlds, nimh, lipo 200mm and 235 for proten. You want to run world gt, run 200mm. Pro10 switch to 235mm. When I first heard team associated was coming out with a pan car I thought they were going to outdo the Gen X 10 and than the saddle setup. Now the xrax with saddle setup? That is going to make it hard to run a lipo unless you are able to find a saddle lipo.

My two cents

Originally Posted by HarryN
I think the CRC Gen 10X is leading the game with an actual innovative 10th scale pan car.

Xray, 4-cell NiMH is going out the door soon, if not already. The price better not be a hair above $250 for this "optimized", "innovative", and "luxury" 10th scale pan car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.