Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where did the fun go?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 07:44 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RCHR
This person seems to have extremely limited off-road experience based on this post.
either that or you have a little case of on-road vice-versa
Old 02-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RobbieT
either that or you have a little case of on-road vice-versa
Nor did my post imply that I had on-road experience. (although I do)
Old 02-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR
This person seems to have extremely limited off-road experience based on this post.
I wouldn't call 8 months almost weekly racing limited.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Little_Mike
You just gotta set your sights on the next fastest guy then you, be faster than him, and even if you are not in first, your goal is achieved.
+1 to this statement. And if for some reason you reach the top and have nobody to shoot for, move up in class =). Offroad, onroad, playing racing games online. It's all the same. I'm just curious why so many posters need to come on here with a doom and gloom mentality. How bout trying to grow the hobby instead of having a pity party.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Little_Mike
You just gotta set your sights on the next fastest guy then you, be faster than him, and even if you are not in first, your goal is achieved.
Originally Posted by ChristopherKee
+1 to this statement. And if for some reason you reach the top and have nobody to shoot for, move up in class =). Offroad, onroad, playing racing games online. It's all the same. I'm just curious why so many posters need to come on here with a doom and gloom mentality. How bout trying to grow the hobby instead of having a pity party.
I agree, too often people use race wins as a measuring stick for their "Fun-factor" and while it's great to win, only one guy in each class actually wins. So what's the odds?
Instead of shooting for the moon, aim for the guy that beat you last week. And when you beat him aim for the guy that beat you this week. Sure you might one day be top-dog, but at the same time the majority of people only have the SKILLZ and the funding to go so high up the pecking order. When you plateau, don't let it stop being fun in the same sense that not winning should ruin your fun.

Last edited by RobbieT; 02-03-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

That my mentality coming in to 1/12 now. I never driven a pan car so I cant wait to get out and see what i can do. Most of the offroad tracks in my area are to far to get to so Im considering going all on road and that includes WGT (Nissan GTR Race car body Please) All I care about now is practice with at least a shot at the A main Then I'll upgrade. I may even do the one color body till I get good thing. It worked for me In offroad.