R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   HELP - Surikarn Front One-Way (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/27208-help-surikarn-front-one-way.html)

Perth_RECC 11-05-2003 08:59 PM

HELP - Surikarn Front One-Way

I need some help and fast.

How can I stop the front one-Way in the Evo III Surikarn from stripping??

It is giving me a head-ache.

Thanks a heap.

Joel Lagace 11-05-2003 09:03 PM

-let off when your about to hit walls.
-install full width front bumper
-double check your shimming to assure tighter mesh

Locally guys are toasting theres as well.

Perth_RECC 11-05-2003 09:19 PM

Where abouts should I be putting the shims??

Yeah guys at our club are doing theirs to

Hebiki 11-05-2003 09:33 PM

Re: HELP - Surikarn Front One-Way
Hey Dale,

go to speedtechrc.com and buy the penguin rc one way gear backing. the gear is as large as the one way gear.. and its beveled so its sits snugly on there. my friend has it in his surikarn, and hasnt stripped a gear yet (well only in really nasty crashes.) hope that helps!

Originally posted by Perth_RECC

I need some help and fast.

How can I stop the front one-Way in the Evo III Surikarn from stripping??

It is giving me a head-ache.

Thanks a heap.

jiggen5354 11-05-2003 10:13 PM

this should help

look for the post by Fully Hopped

Perth_RECC 11-05-2003 10:37 PM

I shall test it all out when I get out on the track again.

V12 11-06-2003 06:00 AM

From what I experienced since now there only is one radical solution. But this really helps. Itīs a custom oneway made in Germany. A small report and pictures you can found here http://www.swebs.dk/articles.html

I think I was one of the first people trying this one and everybody trying it had the same positive results. No more stripping of the oneway gear. The owner of the mentioned website also had that annoying gear problem and after he tryied it heīs happy again like me and other EVO3 drivers. I just pulled out the oneway last weekend for relubing the bearings and the gear looks like new after about 60 runs.

LeoChan 11-12-2003 03:27 PM

Product D
Product D have aluminum oneway gear
[email protected]

BigDogRacing 11-12-2003 03:37 PM

I'll be testing a new fix this Saturday if the car gets here in time. It's fairly simple and easy to do.

I'll update you ASAP.

Roger 11-12-2003 05:28 PM

Get the Jurgen front one-way. Thats pretty much bomb proof, until you start bending shafts.

Perth_RECC 11-12-2003 06:41 PM

The Shims on miine seem to be working fine.

I raced the car last meet, trying to set it up (carpet is damn hard to setup for, netips).
I was doing donuts trying to get rear grip, but I didn't notice a single problem with the diffs.

Shall I shim up the ball diff in the rear as well??

V12 11-13-2003 08:12 AM

Re: Product D

Originally posted by LeoChan
Product D have aluminum oneway gear
[email protected]

The Product D gear isnīt available any longer. Itīs sold out since some time.

LeoChan 11-13-2003 02:10 PM

you can e-mail to me order !

Perth_RECC 11-20-2003 12:35 AM

Had something interesting happen to the oneway last meet, I was looking and spining the front wheels and the diff wasnt working.

Pulled it apart and the 4 screws that hold the plate on, had come loose, ne suggestions.

PS Neone have some sugestions about a setup for a tight, carpet circut. I run Tamiya Type A's.

P2 11-20-2003 07:34 AM

Don't know if this has already been posted, but I talked to Fred (Tamiya) and he said that cutting out the lip (arond the gear and in between the teeth) on the front pinion gear helps stop stripping the one way gear.

A while back my friend P2 posted running the rear gear up front (with some mods) helps also.

I think these two combined could be a great solution.

I gonna give that a try too. As you know I've had great success running the rear diff gear up front. I'm also using longer screws to hold the gear cases together. These mods have helped a lot. I'm still on the same modified rear gear up front for 5/6 race days. It's time to make another one!

Paul Paras