R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #31
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Don't believe it when people say stock class is for cost control.

There are so many other expenive things needed to run brushed stock competitively...like a lathe and all the other gizmos.

But with Brushless, you don't need all that stuff.

The only reason some people want to keep Brushless in a seperate class is because they are scared.
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:41 AM   #32
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieP
I wont release a "stock" equivalent because there is no such thing. Stock was initiated many years ago to try and give an equal playing field at a "lower price-point". Brushless IMO presents too high a price and too many electronic variables to give someone an edge that tech inspectors will not be able to determine.
I will stay with the ROAR guidelines for stock
And for the record, I still BELIEVE brushless mods should be raced in THEIR OWN CLASS!

Pure bull , made only to protect a obsolete motor design , just like you been doing all along until ...

TRINITY`s NEW STOCK BRUSHLESS BECOMES AVAILABLE !!!!

Sorry Ernie, your actions have spoken for you already....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:20 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Where in Ernie's ad about the MYTHS OF BRUSHLESS did he say that TRINITY WOULD NEVER MAKE A BRUSHLESS MOTOR?

Funny I could not find that statement in the ad(just here on the net in different forums from those who dislike Ernie for what ever reason). I just see the pros and cons that lean to brushed being better(just like all the brushless use almost the same pros and cons to favor brushless motors).
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_UK
I notice that no trinity employees have come on to put us straight about anything weve said, i would have expected them to reply with something. For example, if you posted on the JRX-S forum saying "Why have you made a change to such and such a thing, i dont like it?!" You usually get a reply from one of the losi guys, usually Hodge, Andrew Gray or Dumas explaining their reasons behind it! Im just wondering why theres been no arguments to counter the statements in this thread!
This has become a two edged sword, if Trinity drivers comment about this we are hammered and are accused of speaking trying to defent Trinity, if we do not respond we are hiding from the truth. No matter what is said by who, there will always be people out there who manipulate the information to suite their cause.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

.........It's getting hot in here.........

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:59 AM   #36
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to JAY_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Thomas
This has become a two edged sword, if Trinity drivers comment about this we are hammered and are accused of speaking trying to defent Trinity, if we do not respond we are hiding from the truth. No matter what is said by who, there will always be people out there who manipulate the information to suite their cause.
I never manipulated what was stated so i resent that. I was merely asking why so many people had voiced their opinion on the matter and nobody from trinity had offered their stand or viewpoint. People are always going to disagree on matters due to different viewpoints or belief but its not good to see a company get slated and nobody try to defend them, its not good for the companys image for a start. I had posted before that i used trinity motors for a long time and i liked them. Ive retracted one of my previous statements as i appear to have come under fire for having an opinion but the day i lose my freedom to express my own view or belief will be the day i become enslaved.
JAY_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_UK
I never manipulated what was stated so i resent that. I was merely asking why so many people had voiced their opinion on the matter and nobody from trinity had offered their stand or viewpoint. People are always going to disagree on matters due to different viewpoints or belief but its not good to see a company get slated and nobody try to defend them, its not good for the companys image for a start. I had posted before that i used trinity motors for a long time and i liked them. Ive retracted one of my previous statements as i appear to have come under fire for having an opinion but the day i lose my freedom to express my own view or belief will be the day i become enslaved.
Jay_UK, I appoligize if you feel that I said that you did, for it was not intended to be, I was just answering your question. There are many people who manipulate responses to benifit their goals, and that is just one of many reasons why someone from trinity might not have responded is all.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #38
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to JAY_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Thomas
Jay_UK, I appoligize if you feel that I said that you did, for it was not intended to be, I was just answering your question. There are many people who manipulate responses to benifit their goals, and that is just one of many reasons why someone from trinity might not have responded is all.
Sorry, didnt realise. In much the same way i didnt want ernie p to take offence to what i had said earlier. As you noticed i was mearly asking why nobody had stuck up for you guys. I dont know why people dislike Mr P, its probably something i will never know but this sort of arguing is not good for the sport!
JAY_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #39
Tech Adept

Team AE 4EVER

The "bashing" you guys still speak about I STILL STAND 100% behind. Everything in that ad was the truth about the systems that were being offered at that point and with some still today

I agree with you that in some categories of racing....or playing brushless definitely has a place and has kept some people racing etc. I would also tell you that some of the problems the systems still have are still issues.

Every system whether brushed or brushless have their plus's and their limitations....everything in electric motor technology (regardless of the format) will have trade-offs....the complete 100% system has not been produed and probably never will or it would be pretty boring :-)

With respect to electric racing being in the shadows of Nitro? Quite a statement here however not really true. Possibly in the RTR beginner market yes you are correct, but ovrerall market size electric versus Nitro...really no comparison. Electric is and will probably always will be bigger due to limitations of Nitro on where to race it, noise, safety etc etc

Again not flaming anything or anyone....just stating the answers to your questions in my opinion. Thanks
ErnieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:15 PM   #40
Tech Adept

Wild Cherry.....
That is really up to you and I cant change your mind. what I am saying is if I did a stock version or people adapted companies that did for the ROAR stock class (which is supposed to be for beginners and I know is not)....I feel that would be the beginning of the end. I firmly believe there needs to be some entry point. And it is a lot easier for someone to plunk down $20 for a stock motor than a few hundred for a brushless system regardless of the "positive advantages you will no doubt tell me about" :-)

I am making brushless systems...but I firmly believe they should be for "modified only" and they "should be in their own class". My opinion and my right to have an opinion just like you do

All the Best
Ernie
Old 09-01-2006, 05:06 PM   #41
Suspended

$20 for a stock motor?

You forgot $150 for the lathe.

Not to mention all the extra gizmos like brushes, springs, and motor tools.
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:10 PM   #42
Tech Adept

forbidden...I understand where you are coming from but from the other side of the fence.....someone does not have to buy a lathe. They can get their friends to cut their comms, track owners, buy another motor etc etc.

Again not trying to argue...but if we all race brushless stock equivalents....what happens when mine is faster than yours? Do you have fun pulling over for me every 4 laps? Or do you buy a new one?
Old 09-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #43
Tech Adept

Damage control prepare to engage at Warp 9.9!
Antonio Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #44
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieP
forbidden...I understand where you are coming from but from the other side of the fence.....someone does not have to buy a lathe. They can get their friends to cut their comms, track owners, buy another motor etc etc.

Again not trying to argue...but if we all race brushless stock equivalents....what happens when mine is faster than yours? Do you have fun pulling over for me every 4 laps? Or do you buy a new one?
We would be doing the same thing as now when we are not as fast and everything has been tried. Buy another Stock Motor. There is a huge difference between motors from one package to another in terms of performance. Some racers go to great lengths to put the fast motors in and you can never keep up with them. It's all in the armature assembly at time of manufacture.

My Outdated R/C Car collection:
Associated B44, Associated NTC3, Tamiya TRF415, TRF415 MSX MRE, TRF416X
190mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:47 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default agree and disagree

Last time i spent 20 buck on a motor I had to give it away to a newbie to bash with....it was completely bad...we won't go with brands...hood mis-aligned brush was junk...etc..etc...

Can also someone please explain to what Stock Equivalent means, because i have yet to see or buy a stock motor that was equal to each other (no tinkering right out of the pack) cheap or pricey non have been the same...so what is stock equavilent.

if I try to race and keep up with people...a good stock motor is going to cost at least 40 bucks....say it ain't so...then go to your counter and look at your price tag....

and keeping it up to snuff is going to cost more $$$$ and I'm a occassional racer and have at least $200 in motors yes...that equal 5 whole count 'em 5 motors.... and having to maintain is a pain in the backend....Yes it is a science no doubt about it.

went to brushless for a while...and you know what...i ended up racing a whole lot more, going to track quite a bit more...Why...no headaches...just had to concentrate on setup and my god awful driving.....and guess what...it cost me $220 bucks to go brushless.. And honestly I found myself spending a whole lot more money on new kits, new gear and new hopups. No names mentioned

Now the local track won't let me run brushless in stock class...No way am I going to run in modified....and never will read this careful...."I can't drive as good as the Mod guys"....so that puts you back in field of move over every 2 laps. And let's not forget run mod and replace tires every two or three packs.

In conclusion...why not run a stock brushless equivalent with brushed....and yes ...any good stock brushed motor will and can beat a stock brushless anytime of the day.

just my 2 cents.....not slamming anyone...just a friendly discussion. After all it's us who keep this hobby/addiction going with are hard earned $$$$$$.

Tomorrow is RACE DAY.....hell yeah.... :

Last edited by olhipster1; 09-01-2006 at 06:01 PM.
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote