Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
lrp spx stock spec >

lrp spx stock spec

lrp spx stock spec

Old 08-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Without the flashing LED, I don't think you are allowed to run in the zero timing class.

As far as I know, program 1-5 doesn't mess with the timing.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what he is getting at is he is not running a roar race just trying to convince his race director for a club race that for example setting 4 on the spx is equal to setting 8 on an old tc sphere which has no adjustable time in it. Know that it would still be a gentleman's rule to run 4 as it's not easily techable. trust me I have 3 spx and would hate to have to buy a new one for club racing when locally there wouldn't be a market for the spx.

he is also looking for a company rep to tell him that. not that your experience doesn't count, it is not what a race director would be looking for as a realible source though. nothing personal
Old 08-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Oh, I see. I am just used to being teched all the time - even in small races

I don't think Reto Konig will write in this thread, as the SPX isn't the latest speedo from LRP anymore. But if you write a mail or PM Burito, I think you can get an answer.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
what he is getting at is he is not running a roar race just trying to convince his race director for a club race that for example setting 4 on the spx is equal to setting 8 on an old tc sphere which has no adjustable time in it. Know that it would still be a gentleman's rule to run 4 as it's not easily techable. trust me I have 3 spx and would hate to have to buy a new one for club racing when locally there wouldn't be a market for the spx.

he is also looking for a company rep to tell him that. not that your experience doesn't count, it is not what a race director would be looking for as a realible source though. nothing personal
That is spot on !! I'm waiting for someone reputable from LRP to comment on this... I would hate having to buy another esc just because the "advanced timing" trend is passing by in my country....
Old 08-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

not sure if this was ask before. Has anybody tried using the SPX on a brush motor?

If so, is the effects of the SPX on brush motors better than those specifically for brushed motors?

Thanks
Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I race 540 and used to use a SPX Stock Spec, I have since moved onto a Tekin FX-R Pro and can't notice the difference. No experience with lower turn motors.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default SXX SS or SXX2

I would like to buy a LRP speedo to enter in stock class 10.5 - To my point of view, the SXX2 is better than the SXXSS because i could programm the SXX2 with the SXXSS programm.

Am i wrong ?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Boost

Gday guys,

Can anybody confirm for me when the Turbo comes in? Max throttle?

Does it have a rate it comes in at?

Does anybody have any information how this ESC compares to the Tekin RS (and its timing/boost)? Seems that all the top drivers are on Tekin but this might just be through lack or practice/trial and error with the LRP.

Ben
Old 09-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've got an SPX coming in the mail shortly, I'll be running 1s 12th scale. Can I wire in a 2s LiPo pack inline with the ESC switch and use the BEC regulator to regulate the Rx pack? Or does anyone know what the max BEC input on the ESC is? Thanks!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adam lancia
I've got an SPX coming in the mail shortly, I'll be running 1s 12th scale. Can I wire in a 2s LiPo pack inline with the ESC switch and use the BEC regulator to regulate the Rx pack? Or does anyone know what the max BEC input on the ESC is? Thanks!
Adam,
What we've done here on the oval scene using the SPX, we used the SMC 2S Lipo receiver pack with built-in switch. Plugged it right into the receiver and no need to use the ESC switch. That one remains OFF at ALL times. No need for a regulator either. The receiver and servo handled the extra voltage with no issues. We've been doing this for a couple yrs. and no problems. I"ve charged the rec. pack twice all day...3 qualifiers, 2-3 practice rounds, and a main with power to spare. It's worth a try without buying more equipment than you need. I've also used a 5 cell nimh receiver pack with a switch I soldered in on the negative side and works swell too. have to charge that one more often, every 2 rounds to be safe.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Andy, fancy meeting you here

I've ordered the Dynamite 180mAh 2s pack along with the ProTek 1s pack. I've got a Spektrum SR3500 and a 9650. I know the Rx will take the 2s pack, what about the servo? Do I need anything between the Rx pack and the ESC? Thanks again!
Old 09-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adam lancia
Hey Andy, fancy meeting you here

I've ordered the Dynamite 180mAh 2s pack along with the ProTek 1s pack. I've got a Spektrum SR3500 and a 9650. I know the Rx will take the 2s pack, what about the servo? Do I need anything between the Rx pack and the ESC? Thanks again!
Servo will handle it okay. As long as the receiver pack has a switch, nothing else needed. If your receiver pack doesn't come with a switch, it'll be powered up as soon as you plug it in. Unplugging will be your only switch.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
SPX has stock timing advance profiles. TC has nothing of the sort. The SPX started the timing advance "revolution"
You are talking about the sphere SPX?Does that meen that if I have an old LRP Sphere ,I can hang with these new speedos?( or close behind at least?)
Old 09-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)
Default I7. 5 with SPX?

Last week I ran in a 17.5 class and I was using the SPX on profile 7 but down the straight away I was getting killed.Every body had some kind of boost /timing advance speedo like the tekin.I don't think that I can compete with them can I? So the question would be LRP or tekin? almost every body tells me .....''if you wanna go fast ,you need a tekin'' any opinions?thanks
Old 09-04-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by peter george
Last week I ran in a 17.5 class and I was using the SPX on profile 7 but down the straight away I was getting killed.Every body had some kind of boost /timing advance speedo like the tekin.I don't think that I can compete with them can I? So the question would be LRP or tekin? almost every body tells me .....''if you wanna go fast ,you need a tekin'' any opinions?thanks
The SPX can't keep up anymore. You either need a LRP SXX SS / LRP SXX V2, Hobbywing or Tekin to keep up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.