lrp spx stock spec

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lrp spx stock spec

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone used the ABS system one there transmitter with the spx ?
if so how did you find it , did it work well.
Thanks.
PLEASE ONLY answer if you have tryed it i only wish to know how you got on with it
Thank you
Old 01-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
Has anyone used the ABS system one there transmitter with the spx ?
if so how did you find it , did it work well.
Thanks.
PLEASE ONLY answer if you have tryed it i only wish to know how you got on with it
Thank you
Whether or not you are using ABS you still have to set your endpoints. I have used it and it still locks up at 100%. Also take into consideration is the track prepped? are you even running on a track? Foams or Rubber, front spool/oneway? All of this comes into play when making brake adjustments. Any dust at all on the surface and you will skid/slide.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Ok im going to move on from this one , thanks anyway
Old 01-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Ok im going to move on from this one , thanks anyway
What kind of answer are you expecting?
Old 01-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

ok i under stand all that you are saying . ill ask you a question dose your real car have 100% brakes that would lock up and abs ? if so would you turn them down
Does my real car have a belt driven 4wd system and go 500 scale miles per hour and corner at 300 scale miles per hour?

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Whether or not you are using ABS you still have to set your endpoints. I have used it and it still locks up at 100%. Also take into consideration is the track prepped? are you even running on a track? Foams or Rubber, front spool/oneway? All of this comes into play when making brake adjustments. Any dust at all on the surface and you will skid/slide.
This is another good point. ABS on a transmitter simply pulses the brakes. So you would be alternating lockup and unlock, lockup and unlock. It's not a good thing on an electric touring car.

Simply put: reduce your brakes. I run 30% brakes at my track because it's all I need to make all the corners.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Does my real car have a belt driven 4wd system and go 500 scale miles per hour and corner at 300 scale miles per hour?

This is another good point. ABS on a transmitter simply pulses the brakes. So you would be alternating lockup and unlock, lockup and unlock. It's not a good thing on an electric touring car.

Simply put: reduce your brakes. I run 30% brakes at my track because it's all I need to make all the corners.
Guys the idea of abs is to ade you under bracking so you have control of your steering wheels in a low grip situation
Im not asking for all the set up situation in the world all i asked is if any one has used it with the spx and how did they get on with it
Thanks gents for all your answers any way
Old 01-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

HA HA i hope not
i was only asking about the braking system
Old 01-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Guys the idea of abs is to ade you under bracking so you have control of your steering wheels in a low grip situation
Im not asking for all the set up situation in the world all i asked is if any one has used it with the spx and how did they get on with it
I used it with my SPX then turned it off.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

I used it with my SPX then turned it off.
Cheers dude
Old 01-06-2010, 03:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I do all my braking in a straight line

I have used the ABS in off-road: I could never find a 'pulse' balance I was happy with as it does not have wheel lockup sensors like a 'real' ABS system

I always end up setting brakes using ATL so they don't lock on the hardest braking section of the track
Old 01-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What about setting your Brake on your transmitter to max for a broad linear control and then set your speedo's brake to the point it doesn't lock up the car anywhere on the track. from there you can opt to set up some drag brake to drive faster and deeper into the corners more consistantly without scrubbing off too much speed with a sloppy braking finger. constructive criticism welcomed. I'm always looking for better ways to improve the performance of my speedo and share it with everyone.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry to sound stupid, but how do you set these up for 1S. I just connected mine to a receiver, plugged in a servo to the receiver, and then plugged in a receiver pack. I performed a radio check, throttle worked fine, steering worked alright, but then when I switched off the speed control smoke poured from it. Now it will only power up when the receiver pack is plugged into the receiver. I think I broke it...
Old 01-07-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Obsidian
What about setting your Brake on your transmitter to max for a broad linear control and then set your speedo's brake to the point it doesn't lock up the car anywhere on the track. from there you can opt to set up some drag brake to drive faster and deeper into the corners more consistantly without scrubbing off too much speed with a sloppy braking finger. constructive criticism welcomed. I'm always looking for better ways to improve the performance of my speedo and share it with everyone.
That is smart to do, even for the throttle. On my M11 I always set the EPA's for throttle and brake as high as they will go before I program the speedo (I think throttle goes to 140 and brake goes to 160). Then I leave throttle maxed out and dial my brakes down to 40-80 depending on the track.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Default NOVAK 13.5 Ballsitic gearing

yeah so i got absolutely smoked this weekeend by all the tekens some even running the same motor.

anyone run this motor and have a sweet spot they can reccomened i tried most things coudlnt get it anywhere near them is this Teken set up that good.

it was indoor carpet on a very basic layout 4 corners if that 70m stright including sweeper

profiel 8
i was 45 timing
8.2 gear ratio on an xray

got smoked on straight and not much punch in the infield helppppp
cheers
Old 01-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Sorry to say, but the Tekin with the 203 program is that good, at least this week it is.

The guy I pit for made the switch, but I'm sure he'll be back to Blue when they are the fast-one-of-the-week again. He's just that competitve.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.