Wiki Posts
Search

lrp spx stock spec

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
If I remember correctly, the Track Power packs are gold in color and they are not very fast. They lack punch and may not be powerful enough to supplier the amps needed. I am not an electrical engineer, but from my experience on the track, IP 5000 40C or SMC 5200 50C are the fastest packs. Try one of these packs and I am pretty sure you will feel a power gain. Also note that you may need to run different gearing with different battery lipo packs.

Hope it helps
I tried a 8 month old 4900 trakpower with my SPX/duo and it keeps up with all the cars on the track that have thunderpower or SMC 40C packs. But it doesnt have the snap that they have, which is good to have. But I wouldnt say there exactly slow
Old 09-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok,
I'll change my ratio.....

But isn't the stock spec 9.5t not an motor for just more toque instead of RPM.
I think my ESC was at it's 120Amp limit so that's why nothing overheated.

I orderder an spx so i'm changing my FDr to 6-7 and start from there with (easy)trying to gear it good.

The strange thing is:
in the manual of the motor it says to gear it 7 for short tracks and 5.3 for long tracks.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Ran the SPX setup last nite. 4.2FDR in a Cyclone with LRP X11 17.5 Brushless motor on Profile 7. Car felt awesome first 5-8 laps and after that the car seemed to slow down a bit (not as punchy), not much but noticable. This is using a fully charged IP 5000mah 30C lipo, so power shouldn't be a problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can do to fix this? The motor came off at around 50 degrees celcius (130F), so it wasn't being overheated. I was even going to gear it higher to 4.0 to see but didn't have a chance.

Mind you this could be just me, but would be interesting to see if anyone has experienced this.

Cheers
Old 09-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bee200sx
Ran the SPX setup last nite. 4.2FDR in a Cyclone with LRP X11 17.5 Brushless motor on Profile 7. Car felt awesome first 5-8 laps and after that the car seemed to slow down a bit (not as punchy), not much but noticable. This is using a fully charged IP 5000mah 30C lipo, so power shouldn't be a problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can do to fix this? The motor came off at around 50 degrees celcius (130F), so it wasn't being overheated. I was even going to gear it higher to 4.0 to see but didn't have a chance.

Mind you this could be just me, but would be interesting to see if anyone has experienced this.

Cheers
You know I have the same thought on that. I run profile 8 though, and with a smc 5200 40C it felt like that. Motor was coming off at 145 after 6 mins, esc like 110, (it was pretty cool out that day). It doesnt feel as fast and snappy as it does the first few laps. I thought my motor was maybe getting hot the week before and that was why. But my last race day it did the same thing. I tried a ballistic motor out in practice last weekend and it didnt seem like it faded off like that. But I will have to test it on a race day to really find out. I could just be getting used to it, but I duno.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
You know I have the same thought on that. I run profile 8 though, and with a smc 5200 40C it felt like that. Motor was coming off at 145 after 6 mins, esc like 110, (it was pretty cool out that day). It doesnt feel as fast and snappy as it does the first few laps. I thought my motor was maybe getting hot the week before and that was why. But my last race day it did the same thing. I tried a ballistic motor out in practice last weekend and it didnt seem like it faded off like that. But I will have to test it on a race day to really find out. I could just be getting used to it, but I duno.
i have experienced similar behavior on profile 7 and 8 with a speed passion 17.5 in a ta05... my fdr was 4.2 and 4.0...

what i will be trying this weekend is fdr 4.6 and above with profile 8 as suggested by few folks on the thread... will keep you guys posted on progress
Old 09-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I thought it was me too. However the car still had great top end speed but just didn't seem as punchy. May have to play around with gearing. But from the temps it seems quite conservative. I will be putting the heatsink on the SPX shortly to reduce the temps on the speedy, not that it was getting overly warm or anything but may help.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bee200sx
Yeah I thought it was me too. However the car still had great top end speed but just didn't seem as punchy. May have to play around with gearing. But from the temps it seems quite conservative. I will be putting the heatsink on the SPX shortly to reduce the temps on the speedy, not that it was getting overly warm or anything but may help.
i had the exact same problem with my SPX last night (frustrating)

but what solved the problem is a re-do with the set up settings and all was fixed... easy and pain free

good luck
Old 09-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joeymdz
i had the exact same problem with my SPX last night (frustrating)

but what solved the problem is a re-do with the set up settings and all was fixed... easy and pain free

good luck
Do you mean recalibrate the SPX to the radio?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Try this : recalibrate withe throttle EPA @ 100%. Then , once complete, bump EPA up to 110%.
My Duo 17.5 comes off very cool,yet is one of, if not the fastest cars at our track in stock.
I level peg it with the others on the straight and pull away from corner to corner.
One heat a few weeks back for instance..fastest lap was #3. On the second last lap, it was only .1 off.
I run punch #8 / 44.6mm rollout. W/ IP 5000-40c.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello,

I was wondering.
I just bought an spx stock spec.
What's the best gear ratio for use with an Vector x11 9.5t stock spec engine for having optimal use with the ADPC program 8. i'm not looking for the best driving time, but the fastest gear ratio. I'm now running 5.02 and when i keep the car in my hand it jumps into the second gear effect en goes boom, but on the road it doesn't have that. (i didn''t pull full throttle though, because it's insane.....)
I suppose i have to gear it to 6 or 7.

Does somebody know what the handbrake mode #3 is for? It's not an automatic brake since that's in mode #4.

Greetings,

Stefan
Old 10-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My SPX does not SPX and it sucks and im going to buy a tekin unless somebody tells me why this thing does not work.

No timing advance
Old 10-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
My SPX does not SPX and it sucks and im going to buy a tekin unless somebody tells me why this thing does not work.

No timing advance
Drop more pinions. Its not rocket science
Old 10-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I had it at 6.0.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Benzaah
No his doesnt SPX. it acts like a sphere. when you hold the car in the air and rev it it doesnt kick in.

Its not a gearing issue
Old 10-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

No his doesnt SPX. it acts like a sphere. when you hold the car in the air and rev it it doesnt kick in.

Its not a gearing issue
Ill just blame it on the California kid that re wired it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.