R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #646
Tech Master
 
adamge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Saskatoon,SK Canada
Posts: 1,654
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I was using my SPX in mod this week at the IIC race. 5 minute runs, indoors, high traction, 2cell lipo, touring car, 6.5t motor. I had the ESC heatsink on for my own peace of mind, and it survived.
__________________
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:21 AM   #647
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,989
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge View Post
I was using my SPX in mod this week at the IIC race. 5 minute runs, indoors, high traction, 2cell lipo, touring car, 6.5t motor. I had the ESC heatsink on for my own peace of mind, and it survived.
What profile were you running?
__________________
Adelaide RC - XRAY Xb216de & Xb416

Walter Rc Hobby - Serpent 4X

Nosram - R1wurks - Sanwa - Hudy - Muchmore
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #648
Tech Master
 
adamge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Saskatoon,SK Canada
Posts: 1,654
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Profile 2 on my 6.5t, profile 8 on my 13.5t.
__________________
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:40 AM   #649
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i find profile 7 is better for 13.5 , it is less agressive on the power out of corners

i am just as fast with profile 7 as i am with 8 but the motor temps are about 10 degrees C cooler
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:58 PM   #650
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hernando, MS
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I need some clarification on the ability of this speedo.

I fully don't understand what the "power #x" actually means on the instruction sheet. I have read that 6 7 and 8 are the most advanced of the timing boosts, and I have also read that the SPX will increase your rpm no matter what profile you use.

Could someone explain to me exactly what the power setting does, and how much timing gain you get by changing each profile.

Thanks a ton.
Dondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:02 AM   #651
Tech Initiate
 
Stephtruc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Belgium
Posts: 40
Default

Hi,
The last profiles of SXX TC give more timing to the motor...
Is SPX stock spec give more ??
Thx
Steph
Stephtruc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:29 AM   #652
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondor View Post
I need some clarification on the ability of this speedo.

I fully don't understand what the "power #x" actually means on the instruction sheet. I have read that 6 7 and 8 are the most advanced of the timing boosts, and I have also read that the SPX will increase your rpm no matter what profile you use.

Could someone explain to me exactly what the power setting does, and how much timing gain you get by changing each profile.

Thanks a ton.
I believe the high profiles on the SPX (profile 7 & 8) advance the timing on full throttle which gives you more rev's, these profiles are for 'Stock' motors, i.e. 13.5, 10.5, 17.5 etc, not Mod motors.
You have to lower you gear ratio to take advantage of these profiles otherwise you overheat the motor and speedo.
No-one knows exactly how much timing it adds, they won't tell us

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:31 AM   #653
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephtruc View Post
Hi,
The last profiles of SXX TC give more timing to the motor...
Is SPX stock spec give more ??
Thx
Steph
The SXX is generally for mod motors, the SPX is for Stock classes.

The SXX does NOT have the timing profiles of the SPX, on the SPX the adnaved timing profiles are only on profile 7 & 8.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #654
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,989
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
The SXX is generally for mod motors, the SPX is for Stock classes.

The SXX does NOT have the timing profiles of the SPX, on the SPX the adnaved timing profiles are only on profile 7 & 8.

Skiddins
Advance timing is also available on profiles 5 and 6 just not as aggressive. There was a graph posted a few pages back i think showing the power curves. We had a guy who was running profile 6 at our recent states and he was keeping up just fine with all the other guys running profile 7 and 8 which was surprising to me. Good driver though...
__________________
Adelaide RC - XRAY Xb216de & Xb416

Walter Rc Hobby - Serpent 4X

Nosram - R1wurks - Sanwa - Hudy - Muchmore
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #655
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 87
Default FDR help for brushless setup (LRP SPX and 17.5 Duo 2)

Hi,

I think this is the thread for this question... Anyone run an LRP SPX (mode 6 or 7) and an Epic Duo 2 (17.5, 0 timing) brushless?

I'm looking for an FDR starting point for a TC5R on medium traction asphalt track. Any help would be very appreciated.

I was running a FDR of 3.89 with a Novak Havoc 17.5 system... but was told this FDR may be too low for the LRP/Duo2 and it might burn it up the motor.

Thanks!

-AJ
spam77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:33 PM   #656
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spam77 View Post
Hi,

I think this is the thread for this question... Anyone run an LRP SPX (mode 6 or 7) and an Epic Duo 2 (17.5, 0 timing) brushless?

I'm looking for an FDR starting point for a TC5R on medium traction asphalt track. Any help would be very appreciated.

I was running a FDR of 3.89 with a Novak Havoc 17.5 system... but was told this FDR may be too low for the LRP/Duo2 and it might burn it up the motor.

Thanks!

-AJ
I ran my Duo -1 at 4.2 in 17.5 2 weeks ago and nobody pulled me plus came off the track at around 145. Prob. a good place to start.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #657
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
I ran my Duo -1 at 4.2 in 17.5 2 weeks ago and nobody pulled me plus came off the track at around 145. Prob. a good place to start.
Thanks, Verndog!!!!
spam77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #658
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spam77 View Post
Thanks, Verndog!!!!
No problem...forgot to add, that was using profile 7 also.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:17 AM   #659
Tech Elite
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I also started with a 4.2 and profile 7 with my Speedpassion 17.5. I ended up at 4.09 so I was close where I started.
__________________
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Radiopost | Speed Passion USA | Trinity | P3 Graphics
M-Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:01 PM   #660
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 87
Default

thanks again guys!

I've got gears to run a 4.11 on a TC5 and 4.16 on a Cyclone... I'll check temps out with after 3 minutes into run on profile 7... hopefully it will be below 160. If not, I'll adjust to profile 6 or move up on the FDR.

Much appreciation!
spam77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LRP SXX TC SPEC Stein Tumert Electric On-Road 190 08-20-2012 05:52 AM
10.5 Setups matrix101 Australian Racing 14 06-05-2009 03:27 AM
LRP SPX and TC-SPEC Tral Radio and Electronics 15 04-21-2009 06:07 PM
LRP SPX Brushless Competition StockSpec ESC mazmo Australian Racing 10 02-16-2009 12:44 PM
LRP SPX Bullet Revise Burshless/Brush ESC chappi Australia For Sale/Trade 15 12-31-2008 08:29 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:27 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net