R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-15-2011, 04:02 AM   #76
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman429 View Post
knuckles/uprights are the same on the 1 & 2, and are also the same as the new Nitro 3 Evo which I also have. I know the MT2 also runs the same uprights, but the knuckles MAY be different. I'd have to go look, but I think they are the same.
I think the a arms are beefier on the 2 vs the 1. I'm sure the 3 is a totally different design as I think it is also shaft drive. I have a race buddy with one that I can check out when the season starts at the end of this month.
Thanks for the info.
How about the universals on the 1 and 2? Comparing instruction manuals it looks like they should swap.
IH8VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #77
Tech Regular

Someone looking for help with HPI parts, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post8974780
Old 04-19-2011, 01:25 AM   #78
Tech Regular

More parts trickling in. Bought aluminum front and rear hubs, A arms and uprights. All are perfect fit except the uprights. I haven't opened them yet but I can tell from the packaging they are too far off. The A arms only have the outer holes drilled so will only work in the wide configuration, no matter that's what the second chassis is for. Some more pics, and remember it's a WIP so some screws and bolts are missing/going to change.

built for the most part, runnable as is but parts are being swapped out as they come in.

trying not to overdo the purple. I want to stay away from purp on purp but the hexes will be hidden so it's ok.

need to pick up come 4-40 hardware to connect the tierod. figures as soon as I convert to the metric hardware the aluminum comes drilled standard. *edit* I tapped the mounting hole to accept 3m screws instead of using 4-40.

Last edited by IH8VTEC; 04-20-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #79
Tech Regular

Looks great! Ok... so I guess I will have to take pictures of mine...
M3Armand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #80
Tech Regular

Thanks! Yes def post pics!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:59 AM   #81
Tech Regular

Pretty much done for now. It's at a drivable state, just waiting on a few odd parts and screws to come in. Guess there is no excuse not to start the body. I'll have some time off next week so I'll tackle it then. Took chassis #2 apart, not sure what to do with that one, probably build a wide car. I did pick something up off ebay that won't need to be restored, can't wait until it gets here. That I might need another thread for. A few more pics.

tapped the center hole for 3mm, used a hex screw and nut to secure. passenger side needed a washer to alleviate binding, hub also needed sanding as it was .2mm wider than the other one.

just the right amount of purple I think.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #82
Tech Regular

Default more parts and a car

A few more parts came in, every time I think I'm done I find more purple stuff to order. I also broke down and bought a Rally. The shame of it is it's never been used, not NIB but assembled and never run. I'm finding it hard to put electrics in it let alone run it. What did I buy it for? Guess I just had to have it. Now when I buy parts it's in triplicate for the 3 cars, oh my what have I started?

MIP CVD for the pro2. they fit the hub but go into the diff cup a little deeper. I don't feel any binding, should be ok.

Ti hinge pins and chassis standoffs. completely unnecessary...but purple so....

...and the new guy. yes I know I bought a scooby...

ohhh, clean!

kinda don't want to mess it up with electronics.

cousins, almost brothers, the cars are very similar and share a great deal of parts.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #83
Tech Regular

Default body

Not much to look at yet but I started the body. Rattle can job and far from prefect.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #84
Tech Regular

Default more body shots

Not perfect but good enough to bash in. Tape let the paint bleed in a couple places, not bad but enough to be annoying.

the drift wheels

Old 05-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #85
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That looks great. The gold rims are hideous, especially with the purple, but otherwise it looks great.
coopasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #86
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopasonic View Post
That looks great. The gold rims are hideous, especially with the purple, but otherwise it looks great.
Funny, but somewhat true. Maybe the purple nut needs to be black. But the car DOES look great. It's a shame it's for a basher.
M3Armand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #87
Tech Regular

Yeah the wheels do look terrible with the gray, epically with the purple nuts. Not to fear I have black and steel colored wheel nuts also.

When I say basher, I mean I don't race. I'm going to take it easy with this guy, I put too much in it to destroy it. My original Porsche body will go on #2, maybe make that one the drifter. The rims don't go with the yellow either. Why did I buy gold rims?
Old 05-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #88
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Paint the gold part of the rims black. I think that should go pretty well.
coopasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #89
Tech Regular

I finally had time to take it out and drive it. The diffs were super loose but no other issues, car ran great. Even threw on the old body and did some drifting, that was pretty fun. Not as hard and uncontrollable as I thought it would be but still pretty challenging and more importantly, fun.
Took some pics in the back yard...before traction rolling it.

HPI RS4 micro, Losi Mini SCT
AE SC10 FT, SC10 4x4 FT, Axial Exo Terra
Old 05-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Armand View Post
Funny, but somewhat true. Maybe the purple nut needs to be black. But the car DOES look great. It's a shame it's for a basher.
What??? It's a basher???

I still race mines: a RS4 Pro 2 with a Novak GTB/Velocity brushless system. Working on two bodies, A Evo X and an older Subaru WRX.

Parts for it is very hard to come by....I would like to get a new carbon chassis, screw sets, body posts, etc... the car is still operational, but I know that one good wreck and this car will not function at all.

I am looking for at least two more Pro 2s to buy, just can't find anyone selling them.

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote