R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #151
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC104ever View Post
Hi everyone, I recently was given an RS4 Pro2 and Pro3 and I upgraded them to brushless and lipos.

What I'm wondering is, are there any parts I can buy to fix up the differentials and perhaps retrofit some kind of slipper clutch setup?

Where is the best place to get spur gears?
I don't understand why you are asking about the spur gears, standard ones fit and you can get them anywhere.

As for diffs, do a search in this thread and you'll read that Associated ones will work.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #152
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to SNIPER95

how much is this car??
Old 01-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #153
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER95 View Post
how much is this car??
It depends on what you find it for on ebay. Back in 1997 I believe the kit was around 230.00.
HPI RS4 micro, Losi Mini SCT
AE SC10 FT, SC10 4x4 FT, Axial Exo Terra
IH8VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:29 AM   #154
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to dexter24
Default Inner Body Set ???

Anybody know if the RS4 Pro 2 inner body set #7113 will fit the RS4 Rally which the part number is #7112 ???

Cheers
dexter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #155
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter24 View Post
Anybody know if the RS4 Pro 2 inner body set #7113 will fit the RS4 Rally which the part number is #7112 ???

Cheers
It looks like there is a good chance it will fit. There seems to be more chassis area on the PRO2 than the Rally. Not sure how the pro shell mounts so you may have to figure a way to do that. I use double sided tape under both diffs, you can get a nice size square to hold the tray securely. I also use velcro to hold the top tray to the bottom.

PRO2

Rally

Looking at this pic the PRO2 shell looks a little form fitting at the rear. I would think there would be some trimming needed as the Rally appears to be a little wider at the rear top deck.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #156
Tech Initiate

Was going thru some old stuff and ran across these Not sure if I will keep or get rid of. Been trying to find a Cup Racer since I don't have the space.

Here are what the pics are:

RS4 Electric. Some upgrades (MIP Bones, Graphits shock towers, bearing belt tensioner)

Nitro RS4-2. Ran only couple of times then put away. Hasn't been run in 10+ years. (Graphite top deck and all rear parts)

Found some spares too.
Attached Thumbnails
HPI RS4 PRO brushless upgrade-photo-9-.jpg   HPI RS4 PRO brushless upgrade-photo-10-.jpg   HPI RS4 PRO brushless upgrade-photo-11-.jpg   HPI RS4 PRO brushless upgrade-photo-12-.jpg  
SAL45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:25 AM   #157
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter24 View Post

Cheers
One thing to note is the pro2 lower chassis plate is longer than the one on the pro.

RS4 pro - 11 1/2"

RS4 pro2 - 11 15/16"

I guess I should post some pics of my family of RS4 cars, I have a couple new pro2's and even a NIB original RS4 kit (that will never be built) - I think HPI must love me.

I have almost enough cars and parts that I want to eventually build a stock, ("resto")modded and "runner" version of each generation of RS4...

It has been said too many times - it is a sickness...
angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #158
Tech Rookie

Default RS4 Pro 3 brushless set up and diff

Hi everyone.

I recently bought a Pro 3 Hara Edition (always liked the layout of the chassis, with the two heaviest components, battery and motor in the center of the car) and wonder if anyone knows what rear diff currently available will fit this car? The previous owner had a drift set up so it has a fixed rear axle but I intend racing indoors.

Also, has anyone run a brushless set up in the pro 3? Is there enough space for the Lipo pack?

Any advice/feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob
sm1thy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #159
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anything new with RS4 Pro owners?
XRAY XB2 2018, XRAY XB4 2017, Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #160
Tech Regular

Went to Rcx yesterday. Hpi wasn't there. They did have a pretty elaborate drift track set up, that was pretty cool to see. Put my drift tires on when I got home and did some street drifting.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #161
Tech Adept

sm1thy,
Diffs are available on ebay last time I checked. Just look for HPI PRO 3 parts. The only lipo batteries that I know of that will fit are "shorty packs". You'll have to be careful what motors you use as the rear end of some motors will interfere with the rear bulkhead. Novak ballistics work OK. Depending on what classes you're racing, you'll probably need the 94T spur and some fairly large pinions.
calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #162
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin View Post
sm1thy,
Diffs are available on ebay last time I checked. Just look for HPI PRO 3 parts. The only lipo batteries that I know of that will fit are "shorty packs". You'll have to be careful what motors you use as the rear end of some motors will interfere with the rear bulkhead. Novak ballistics work OK. Depending on what classes you're racing, you'll probably need the 94T spur and some fairly large pinions.
Can you show us pics with the shorty packs?

RE: motors, you will need to grind down a small part of the graphite chassis to clear the longer cans of the brushless motors. There are pics within this thread that shows how much.
XRAY XB2 2018, XRAY XB4 2017, Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
Old 07-07-2014, 12:10 PM   #163
Tech Rookie

Good read! I hate to revive this thread but its really my only hop on getting this car running. I have most of the parts but missing a few. Heres my list of parts i need.Preferably a different brand or something that works.

Servo holder

Body mounts

Steering turnbuckle

The 2 plastic rings needed to complete the pilot shaft

By the way, how many ball bearing are in this car? I only found 20 in mine

Once again, i ahte revivng old threads, but its my only hope on finding parts.
Rcguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:03 PM   #164
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcguy44 View Post
Good read! I hate to revive this thread but its really my only hop on getting this car running. I have most of the parts but missing a few. Heres my list of parts i need.Preferably a different brand or something that works.

Servo holder

Body mounts

Steering turnbuckle

The 2 plastic rings needed to complete the pilot shaft

By the way, how many ball bearing are in this car? I only found 20 in mine

Once again, i ahte revivng old threads, but its my only hope on finding parts.
Your timing is good. I was just about to put mine up for sale. It's probably more "race ready" than yours based on your description above. PM me if your interested. I also have the "2 speed transmission" for it.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #165
Tech Adept

Ebay is about the only place to find parts. If you watch long enough most everything comes up at one time or another. Sometimes you can get a roller fairly cheap which can be used for parts. There are 24 bearings in the Pro 3 (if my memory serves me correctly). I assume that you are talking about the electric Pro 3. If you are talking about a nitro, disregard my comments.
calvin is offline   Reply With Quote