R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-04-2003, 07:45 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

fatdoggy, your trick did it, i basically lined up all 12 cells, pos-pos,neg-neg. put it on the charger for a sec. Then put the 2400 seperatly on the charger, and it charges good now, thanx "faty", and pops, you saved me a battery guys.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 07:17 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Thanks Pops, I just do not know what my likings are as of yet with the speed controllers. Fatdoggy and Pops have been very informative, thank you again.

Last edited by sook; 11-05-2003 at 09:51 AM.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 09:45 AM   #18
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

pro3racer - Good to here it worked.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 07:09 PM   #19
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Another thing about dead shorting a pack is that it will increase the voltage to a cell by about .10-.20 but will take away the runtime by about 20-40 secs. it all depends on the pack also how much it will change like old or new pack.
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:44 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by fasterdanu
buy the one that most ppl use there usually used because good quality performace cutomer support price etc.
fasterdanu:::as like the saying goes~~~~you get what you pay for......stick with the name brands such as Novak, LRP, GM, Keyence...etc. Each of this company have different levels of ESC for a particular use>>>off/on road, oval ..etc....you can go to their website and read the specs, sometimes they have recommendations. NOvak>>www.teamnovak.com LRP>>>www.rc10.com....GM>>>www.gm-racing.de ...the name of the game is....you gotta to ...read alot.....sorry ...thats the easiest way to find things....works for me....hope it works for you too.....LET'S GO RACING ......
jeepnyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 03:22 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by JoshR 85
HeY!!!

Another thing about dead shorting a pack is that it will increase the voltage to a cell by about .10-.20 but will take away the runtime by about 20-40 secs. it all depends on the pack also how much it will change like old or new pack.

If you are lucky you will get a 0.01 increase in voltage the only guarentee is you WILL lose the runtime forever. If you do get a gain in voltage it will most likely be for a few runs then drop back again. Dont bother deadshorting.
JohnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 09:41 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by JoshR 85
HeY!!
I have personally tried the Dead Shorting technique on my GP3300's and was NOT happy with the results.
Even leaving the packs sit between races with 0.9v per cell will result in a loss of runtime. If runtime is an issue, keep them partially charged between race days.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 01:51 PM   #23
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by popsracer
When I started racing several years ago I bought a Tekin G-9 ESC which was supposed to be top of the line at the time. It has worked reliably all this time.

Recently I purchased a LRP V7.1 on a whim to replace the Tekin and I immediately noticed an overall improvement in the Cars performance.

Scan the Threads in the Electric forums here and read up on the different brands and models available. Make your decision based on your budget, needs and liking.

"Pay a little now and cry ALOT later. Pay more now and cry once."
Yup i have to agree with pops here, i started on a 50 M-troniks forward and reverse speedo with no limit, but running a 17 single the heatsinks on it were getting hot. The reverse was good as a n00bie learning to drive. I switched to a 7.1 and noticed a decent increase in runtime and overall speed compared.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 03:27 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Thanks guys, the LRP v7.1 is one of my considerations.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote