3PK users, pls help...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 05:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default 3PK users, pls help...

tried my 3PK for the first time today, set my fail safe to ON:

ST = +0
TH = +120

here's the problem, my car keeps breaking to full stop every 7-10 feet (approx.) checked with all the guys, but i was the only one on my frequency.. turned off my failsafe feature and problem solved! anyone knows why is this happening or am i missing something? btw, i'm using the HRS receiver on my Xray with a Novak Brushless and a KO PDS2143 FET Servo..
Old 11-02-2003, 06:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The radio may not be compatible with the Novak Brushless system when it is being used in HRS mode.
If you read the manual, you'll see a page in there on how to adjust it for certain speed controls that cannot handle the fast "Frame Rate" of the HRS system. Unfortunately you need to buy some harness or something from Futaba to adjust this.
To see if this is the problem check it on the bench. Take out the pinion of course, and see if you can operate the throttle all the way to full.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for your reply snemi00! when on the TH-EXP setup, i tried to run it and i can see that the graph showing the rate of throttle applied is reaching the maximum, however, after running some packs today, i noticed my batts are hotter than usual, as in i can't hold it in my hands for 5 seconds straight! and i also noticed my car is not in it's usual speed.. but i can see the green light blinking on the Novak ESC at full throttle..
Old 11-02-2003, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Try reversing the throttle servo setting. I had a similar problem with a Quantum speedo it seemd like ot was glitching out, after reversing it cured the issues
Old 11-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have run the 3PK HRS radio with a Novak Brushless system with NO trouble. Of course you said when you had fail safe, it didn't work. Why do you need fail safe feature? Also at the very beginning of the 3PK manual... page 5, it will say HRS receivers can not operate with the FS1. (FS1 FailSafe.) I'm not exactly sure what this means. But just something to look into.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

The FS1 (as far as I'm aware) is a seperate fail safe Futaba make, you can't use the seperate failsafe with 3pk cause the 3pk has one built in.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It is my understanding that the built in failsafe only works with the FM/PCM receiver. So I use the FM/PCM receiver/built in failsafe with my Serpent 705 and the HRS with my X-ray, TC3, RC12L3, etc.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It's not the servo set up either, because i've used 2143 with hrs, it's like butter
Old 11-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

any different....3PK Magnum and 3PK MegaTech?
Old 11-02-2003, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

just the label

Megatech won't be warrentied in US