Xray T1 SD?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Talking Xray T1 SD?

When will such car come out?
I want to be saving up for this car or the RS4 PRO 4

This car will be probably much better then the Pro 4 if it does come out...

Xray(Mr. Juraj), if you can read this, PLEASE PLEASE make one!

I Vote for T1 SD!
Old 11-02-2003, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

i vote
Old 11-02-2003, 05:27 PM
N4S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think your missing the whole experience of an xray car.... The belt drive is what makes it so smooth . I have run the tc3 for a few years now , and tried every chassis conversion made. By far the new BMI racing is the best , but shaft drive is punchy in the corners. And due to the design of the shaft cars you always have to put all the batts on one side or the other. I dont care how much you put into it, weight distribution is not equal. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

well I have a pro 2, and to me, 414MII and Xray Evo II is Pro 2 with some major steroids.

The question is,
Are belt drive cars enough?
I mean, look at the video of that Tc3. Looks really effecient.

There is a way to equalize weight distribution.
Have servo and motor front and saddle batteries rear.

I probably will be flamed for this post...
But I think shaft cars are better then belt
Old 11-03-2003, 04:36 AM
N4S
Tech Master

No flamming ..... Everyone likes a different feel to a car , i just see in my lap times , and everyone else that goes from shaft to belt , the lap times have a major drop !!! I am not talking .01 or.02 Like .09 - 1.2 seconds a lap. In a 5 min. race , thats gotta say something. but i am sure it works both ways.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

I dunno, I feel like losing power when i drive belt cars for some reason...

I might as well stick with the pro 2 and wait waht the pro 4 is like. Get that or an Xray...

What do you think? T1 Evo 2 or TRF414MII?
the 414 is way cheaper tho maybe it will go down even more when TRF415 comes out.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

N4S,

I will have to disagree with you on lap times getting better when people switch from shaft to belts (unless I read your post wrong). Many of my friends all along the East Coast who switched from the belt...mainly the Xray...to a TC3, there lap times have dropped around 0.5 seconds or so a lap and of course the difference in lap times will depend on size and layout of the tracks.

Please do not get me wrong, I love my Xray and am selling my shaft drive car mainly due to the fact it did not suite my driving style and I felt more comfortabe with my Xray.

Mike
Old 11-03-2003, 06:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah, belt vs. shaft is also a big question to me too. I had never play any 1:10 car before and just got into this hobby with my XRAY T1R for about a month now. I have been enjoying my XRAY so much. As I was told by many, shaft has a much better acceleration than a belt car, however, on the track, I can chase my buddies' SD for the whole 8 mins race without problem. Also, when you see those big race results, many XRAY have won their race too. To me, my T1R is a standard out of the box version and without ANY modification or hopup, and I can race with my buddies' SD or TC3 (with their front one way, roll bar....). Anyway, I am happy with my T1R and hope to have a chance to try out those shaft car soon.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:02 AM
N4S
Tech Master

True true !!! Its all in the person driving it i guess . I have 3 T1R's and an EVO2 FOC . Out of the two models , on a perfect racing surface(paved on-road) I would choose the T1R anyday. I have not run either on carpet yet , but i hear that the EVO2 (stiffer) is better on the rug. And Super steve i would steer tword the T1R. for the $ it cannot be beat . XRAY quality is second to none that i have seen in the industry.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:36 AM
MSB
Tech Adept

I would like to have too a shaft XRay in electric 1/10 touring. I have already a T1 Evo 2 and T1R, wich are a very good cars with perfect conception and construction.
I think there are a lot of top drivers who could improve a development of a shaft car like others did at the belt Xrays.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Shaft drive Xray...definately coming!...
I just don't know when....
Old 11-03-2003, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by N4S
And due to the design of the shaft cars you always have to put all the batts on one side or the other. I dont care how much you put into it, weight distribution is not equal. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed! That's why I switched to the EV02 from a XXX-S. I don't like the idea of having to add weight just to get the car to balance out. You are just trading balance for weight. You are going to be at a disadvantage from either the extra weight or the un-balanced car. Pick your poison.

Plus, you cannot find a higher quality kit than any of the X-ray cars.
Old 11-03-2003, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

If Xray released a shaft driven car I would sell my Raycer and buy something else, probably an RcLab. Shaft drive is just a fad, exactly the same as the Losi XXX-S' single belt drivetrain. I don't know if anyone remembers this but when that came out everyone was clamouring for a single belt Xray. They obliged, and some pics of development parts broke cover, however, it was never released because it made no difference.

The fact of the matter is that different cars suit different drivers. That has always been the case and always will be. Personally I would far rather have the ideal weight distribution that a belt drive offers than the dubious claim that a shaft is intrinsically faster. My brother has a TC3, and I have raced it on several occasions, and I can tell you that I am much quicker with my Xray. It carries so much more corner speed and is so composed when changing direction where the TC3 tries to break away. I am sure this is down to the weight distribution as every other shaft drive car I have driven doesn't feel the same corner to corner.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by university_dave
If Xray released a shaft driven car I would sell my Raycer and buy something else, probably an RcLab. Shaft drive is just a fad, exactly the same as the Losi XXX-S' single belt drivetrain. I don't know if anyone remembers this but when that came out everyone was clamouring for a single belt Xray. They obliged, and some pics of development parts broke cover, however, it was never released because it made no difference.

The fact of the matter is that different cars suit different drivers. That has always been the case and always will be. Personally I would far rather have the ideal weight distribution that a belt drive offers than the dubious claim that a shaft is intrinsically faster. My brother has a TC3, and I have raced it on several occasions, and I can tell you that I am much quicker with my Xray. It carries so much more corner speed and is so composed when changing direction where the TC3 tries to break away. I am sure this is down to the weight distribution as every other shaft drive car I have driven doesn't feel the same corner to corner.
The Xray M18 has solved the problem of weight distribution. It uses saddle packs with the motor mounted above the spur. Center and gravity and other physics related items are affected.