R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-09-2006, 12:27 AM   #13711
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4m1y4niac
thanks a lot guys....i already record all the tips from all of you, monday i'll practice again and i'll give a reports. thanks a lot.
yeah, taking away the swaybars took care of the same issue for me. have never liked running with the bars on.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:17 AM   #13712
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
i guess i must buy the sway bar set.i'm not using any spacer on the front bulkhead, bcoz a thought it can eliminate the understeer problem.on the rear bulk head i'm using the standard spacer set up from the book (i forgot how much mm is). on the rear upright using 2.5mm spacer to eliminate the oversteer problem,when using the standard spacer my rear always lose when cornering.

i always running on asphalt. i can't run softer rubber like 32R, 28R or 25R bcoz the track temp is relatively high about 48'C - 60'C
If using the standard spacer on the rear upright provides too much overstear and the 2.5 makes the car push too much, then try splitting the difference with say 1.5mm. Perhaps that with the yellow rear swaybar will help.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:17 AM   #13713
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
If using the standard spacer on the rear upright provides too much overstear and the 2.5 makes the car push too much, then try splitting the difference with say 1.5mm. Perhaps that with the yellow rear swaybar will help.
okay...tomorrow i will try some set up that u recommend to me...
Old 04-09-2006, 10:41 AM   #13714
Tech Regular

Quote:
okay...tomorrow i will try some set up that u recommend to me...
Always set the droop before you change anything else the droop settings stablise the handling charecteristic more than anything else.
Smoking motor.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #13715
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Hey i was trying to put the TA05 front oneway pulley into my TRF 415 front spool but i cannot fit the 3 screw front the pulley to my spool. may i know did you guy do some modification on the pulley so it can fit well on my 415 spool? thanks
Old 04-09-2006, 04:49 PM   #13716
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guo Chean
Hey i was trying to put the TA05 front oneway pulley into my TRF 415 front spool but i cannot fit the 3 screw front the pulley to my spool. may i know did you guy do some modification on the pulley so it can fit well on my 415 spool? thanks
I just put all 3 screws in at the same time, and did each up a little at a time, it was tight, but now i know the pulley is 100% centered. When putting the 1 way back in make sure you loosen all the bulkhead and shock tower screws as the finished 1way assembly is fractionally wider between the bearings. I rememdied this by removing a bit of the flange off the plastic bearing carrier so that it sits deeper into the bulkhead.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:38 AM   #13717
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone see anything new at the world warm up???
drew85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:07 AM   #13718
Tech Champion

Bar the steering system used at the TITC race.
From the pictures though, it looks like all the TRF guys are running the TA05 pulleys, along with the new steering.
Also, they look to have pretty wide cars, with the suspension blocks. I noticed Marc was running a front bridge, so either an A or D on the front-rear block (unless it's a new part). Also looks like the cars are setup quite stiff. White springs and a thick roll bar on the front, with yellow and a thinish roll bar on the rear. This is with spools too. I wonder how much the new steering system has affected the setting up of the car, especially on the front. More inital steering could mean they need to stiffen the front slightly
Ed
Old 04-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #13719
Tech Addict

Hey Ed,

David told me the new steering was very nice as you could very easy change the ackerman, but they ran the ackerman close to stock as this seems to work the best!

I think they used B-A front and XB-D in the rear....
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:49 AM   #13720
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok i have had some real understeer issues, i really like the car to go into the corner fast and stay there (like most people ) so i have changed the front suspension block. Front block is the standard (B block) and the rear block to a A block from a XB block. My question is i know i have to flip the A block over like the XB block but it seems the suspension arms are angled like this \ (even with a .5mm shim under the rear block and the standard shim included in the kit). Is this normal?

Cheers, Charles.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:53 AM   #13721
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Godwin
Ok i have had some real understeer issues, i really like the car to go into the corner fast and stay there so i have changed the front suspension block. Front block is the standard (B block) and the rear block to a A block from a XB block. My question is i know i have to flip the A block over like the XB block but it seems the suspension arms are angled like this \ (even with a .5mm shim under the rear block and the standard shim included in the kit). Is this normal?

Cheers, Charles.
Buy a A bridge to use on the rear at the front. You need to use 5mm of shims otherwise iirc and you also need to chamfer the top spacer you will use. The XABCD blocks are all designed to be flipped and used on the rear at the front the 1ABCD blocks are not designed to be flipped.
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #13722
Tech Addict

The XA, XB blocks are thicker than the A, B blocks etc. where the screws go thru..... So if you want to flip the A block over you will need a 5mm spacer under it! The X type blocks only needs a 3mm spacer.
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #13723
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks guys, i will add 1.5mm (to make the suspension arm flat) of shims then try it from there

Cheers, Charles
Old 04-11-2006, 07:59 AM   #13724
Tech Champion

hmm, interesting bits from the worlds warmup...
Maezumi and Spashett ran some new rear bulkheads.

Looks interesting... lower, and with the upper brace having to move up over the top of the bearing. The centre pulley doesn't look like a std TA05 one either...
Plus, that Diff looks like it can be deffiently adjust externally, you can just see what looks like a hole inside the external one... I wonder if the diff parts have been rearranged internally, with the parts now the opposite way round, compared to the current car.
Why do I get the feeling that there are enough bits different on this car, that we may see an MSX update before the worlds proper?
Given the new steering, new drivetrain (no doubt the factory have made some bigger prototype pulleys that are a direct fit for the car), and now the new bulkheads... hmmm I wonder MSX2?

Later
Ed
Old 04-11-2006, 08:55 AM   #13725
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Good looking out Ed...however, when I searched the photo gallery...Mark R. is not using this new rear bulkhead...although he is using the new steering rack...