R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #13576
Tech Elite
 
axle182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 3,784
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to axle182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
415boy & axle..thanks for the response. I now understand the issue...with using the 415 front one-way and TA05 pulley....has anyone tried to used the front one-way for the TA05 on a 415MSX? Not sure if they are the same.

I will most likely use the Tamiya spool up front so I won't have this problem...your feedback helps if I decide to use the front one-way. Thanks

So now if I use the front spool, I need to get the TA05 locked center pulley. To get the proper 2.25 drive ratio which everyone is looking to achieve.

Or....I can just stick with the stock 415 stuff...although the white diff pulley's look trick
No problem Carl, Ill be hitting you up for answers when my MRX4 arrives

any full assembly from the TA05 wont fit in the 415 as the front belt in the 415 runs down the centre, and the 05 is offset. So thats why they are putting the 05 pulley on the 415 spools and one ways. I think thats what you were asking??? Shouldnt matter if your using the spool or the oneway on the 415, you can still use the TA05 one way pulley on the 415 parts. I just bought a set of 415 pulleys a few weekends ago, and Keith Yu then shows me his MSX at a recent race event and tells me how much better the TA05 pulleys are on the MSX.... doh!
__________________
Aaron "AJ" Freind
axle182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:26 PM   #13577
Tech Master
 
Charles Godwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK (England)
Posts: 1,129
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone got a good tarmac rain set-up on pitshimizu narrow tyres , i think it is going to rain this weekend and i can't go on Saturday to test. Here is a link to the track

Charles
__________________
DXR | CML Distribution | Paint by Turnip Paint | TKRgraphics.com
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:30 PM   #13578
Tech Elite
 
Carl Giordano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Upper Saddle RIver, NJ
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
You can either use the 415 or TA05 pulleys on the layshaft you'll have the same ratio.
thank you...I did not realize this??? So the 415 layshaft pulley (either fixed or dual one-ways) are the same # of teeth as the TA05?
__________________
Mugen Racing / OS Engines / KO Propo / Byron Fuels / Schuur Speed Motors / AKA / Bruckner Hobbies / Tamiya M-Chassis / Kyosho / Yokomo / 360v2 Raceway / Cruzin with RC
Carl Giordano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:32 PM   #13579
Tech Elite
 
Carl Giordano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Upper Saddle RIver, NJ
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle182
No problem Carl, Ill be hitting you up for answers when my MRX4 arrives

any full assembly from the TA05 wont fit in the 415 as the front belt in the 415 runs down the centre, and the 05 is offset. So thats why they are putting the 05 pulley on the 415 spools and one ways. I think thats what you were asking??? Shouldnt matter if your using the spool or the oneway on the 415, you can still use the TA05 one way pulley on the 415 parts. I just bought a set of 415 pulleys a few weekends ago, and Keith Yu then shows me his MSX at a recent race event and tells me how much better the TA05 pulleys are on the MSX.... doh!

No problem with the MRX4 question...are your planning to travel to the GLC race this summer? If yes, feel free to stop by for some tips
__________________
Mugen Racing / OS Engines / KO Propo / Byron Fuels / Schuur Speed Motors / AKA / Bruckner Hobbies / Tamiya M-Chassis / Kyosho / Yokomo / 360v2 Raceway / Cruzin with RC
Carl Giordano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:40 PM   #13580
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
thank you...I did not realize this??? So the 415 layshaft pulley (either fixed or dual one-ways) are the same # of teeth as the TA05?
YES
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #13581
Tech Elite
 
axle182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 3,784
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to axle182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
YES
But from what i heard, the reason Marc etc are using the TA05, its lighter. that was probably mentioned earlier, but im too slack to re-read it all lol.
__________________
Aaron "AJ" Freind
axle182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:46 PM   #13582
Tech Elite
 
axle182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 3,784
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to axle182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
No problem with the MRX4 question...are your planning to travel to the GLC race this summer? If yes, feel free to stop by for some tips
GLC is a possibility. Ill PM or email you if plans are made. Thanks Carl
__________________
Aaron "AJ" Freind
axle182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #13583
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Godwin
Has anyone got a good tarmac rain set-up on pitshimizu narrow tyres , i think it is going to rain this weekend and i can't go on Saturday to test. Here is a link to the track

Charles
Best tip I was told regarding a wet set-up.... just use your dry one with wet-tyres Guess who told me that ???
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:31 PM   #13584
Tech Elite
 
F. Alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,141
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso
Default

I just figured a dry setup with more droop and more ride height would be the go for a wet setup, but we don't race in the wet here in Australia, much to my disgust.
__________________
Simon Feigl
RCRacer.com.au - Dedicated Australian Forum and Website

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #13585
Tech Elite
 
dodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the archipelago
Posts: 3,095
Send a message via Yahoo to dodo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle182
But from what i heard, the reason Marc etc are using the TA05, its lighter. that was probably mentioned earlier, but im too slack to re-read it all lol.
it should be lighter but maybe by a bit only and i don't think my fingers sensitivity is anywhere near Marc's that i can feel the difference
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #13586
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

higuys out there...,.. im have my trf 415 for the 1st time.. im planning about to use it on tamiya super modified 11t... what is the recommended pinion and gear for that...? i want top acceleration and full speed. tnx...
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:06 PM   #13587
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
higuys out there...,.. im have my trf 415 for the 1st time.. im planning about to use it on tamiya super modified 11t... what is the recommended pinion and gear for that...? i want top acceleration and full speed. tnx...
Ummm, with gearing it is either acceleration or top speed. Especially with different wound motors.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:06 PM   #13588
Tech Master
 
Charles Godwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK (England)
Posts: 1,129
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I'll try that on Sunday then....if it rains

Cheers, Charles
__________________
DXR | CML Distribution | Paint by Turnip Paint | TKRgraphics.com
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:55 PM   #13589
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap
Ummm, with gearing it is either acceleration or top speed. Especially with different wound motors.
ok how bout this... i want a good acceleration and a top a lil bit top speed....
what shud be the gearings.?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:19 AM   #13590
Tech Adept
 
FBJ's RDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Soon to be in the Darkside
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
ok how bout this... i want a good acceleration and a top a lil bit top speed....
what shud be the gearings.?
Do you run your car in a track or parking lot? We need to know how long is the straightaway to determine the gearing or you will just end up burning your motor. If you have been to the PS1 track, you gear it at 7.3, that's 32Tpinion and 102Spur. I hope this helps.
FBJ's RDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:54 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net