Tamiya TRF415

Old 03-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

same with the turnbuckle tie ends and the ball connecters.... so much slop
Old 03-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 19 TURN MS ROLLOUT

Hey what are you guys running for a final roll-out for your 415/ 19turn/ rubber.
Because I was running 33.00 roll out. It was working great for my sedan.I am running a dynasty 19 turn and the motor was operating around 150deg it was running perfectly, and then suddenly the motor got extream hot after the next run, like it was running 215 deg. Whats the cause Of that??? I was running Reedy 767's, brush hood aligned, and comm was cut.

Of course the got motor really hot and a little bit of smoke came out, but the weird thing is the brushes were not burnt or discoloured around the face of the brush. But they were DISCOLOURED AT THE BACK WHERE THE SHUNT ENTERS. crazy

thanks

edward pickering
Old 03-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sushi Man
same with the turnbuckle tie ends and the ball connecters.... so much slop
Yet the car's freakin' quick, makes you wonder why people complain about slop
Old 03-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone find a way to get rid of ALL OF THAT SLOP in the steering? i mean mine is HORRIBLE SO MUCH PLAY!!!
I use these foam spacers;
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=188&id=1435
Old 03-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone find a way to get rid of ALL OF THAT SLOP in the steering? i mean mine is HORRIBLE SO MUCH PLAY!!!
I use some plastic film that's very "stiff" and non-stretchable and put between the ball and cup, i believe the film came with some Tamiya Rain Caps for foam tires
Old 03-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Default traction roll

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
Hey Stein,

I my testing with the old v.s. the lw arms, I found that on very high grip indoor carpet (rubber tires) that the old arms caused the car to traction roll more easily than the lw arms. Have you experienced this?...or the opposite?...just curious.
Hi Martin,
First, thanks for the great book you have written! Since I got your book, I now know what I am doing with my car!!

One want of course to get around the track as fast as possible and in our experience we do go faster when the car is a bit looser (a bit oversteer/rear slide into the curve). Our experience was that with the LW arms we had too much grip, we could not get the car loose enough to go fast around the corners. Especially visible with some of my faster buddies here With the old suspension we have found setups that allows us fairly easy to get that loose feeling and get around the corners faster. I would not say we are bothered with traction roll, basically trying to have the roll center not too low.

This all for carpet/rubber, track a bit on the technical side with medium to high grip. We are running mostly Sorex 28 or LRP VTEC 27 tires. We are also running the standard 2.5 mm MSX chassi (no foam tires here). If you are interested in our basis setup, PM me your email address.

Stein
Old 03-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Someone please help!, I have a newly purchased 415 and I ran it for the first time today on asphalt with a one-way up front with a center one way and runs great on power but when I hit the brake the rear just wants to slide out. I put a spool up front and it still wants to slide out badly ( uncontrollable ) . Im wondering if I should take out the Center one-way and keep the spool up front so I will have 4 wheel braking. Please let me know, greatly appreciated.
-Brett
Old 03-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Arrow

Originally Posted by Kingsbury
Someone please help!, I have a newly purchased 415 and I ran it for the first time today on asphalt with a one-way up front with a center one way and runs great on power but when I hit the brake the rear just wants to slide out. I put a spool up front and it still wants to slide out badly ( uncontrollable ) . Im wondering if I should take out the Center one-way and keep the spool up front so I will have 4 wheel braking. Please let me know, greatly appreciated.
-Brett
If you want 4 wheel braking, then replace the center pullies with a fixed Tamiya center pulley. But if you like how the original drive train performs (front one-way & center one-way) then try driving the car without using the brakes. The driving style with the one-way drive train is to let the car coast thru the turns & let go of the throttle a good distance before your approach the turns. Also the one-way drive train is more suitable for large flowing tracks. For tight technical tracks, then you'ld want to use the front spool & fixed center pulley.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kingsbury
-Brett

Dial out the brakes and reduce the rear droop. Less rear droop stops the forward weight shift and dialing out the brakes obviously keeps the back tires from locking up.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
If you want 4 wheel braking, then replace the center pullies with a fixed Tamiya center pulley. But if you like how the original drive train performs (front one-way & center one-way) then try driving the car without using the brakes. The driving style with the one-way drive train is to let the car coast thru the turns & let go of the throttle a good distance before your approach the turns. Also the one-way drive train is more suitable for large flowing tracks. For tight technical tracks, then you'ld want to use the front spool & fixed center pulley.

Hope this helps.
jun, kamusta na.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tony q
jun, kamusta na.
Ayos lang.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Ayos lang.
are you planning to come down here for the TCS NATIONALS?
Old 03-25-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tony q
are you planning to come down here for the TCS NATIONALS?
If I'm off that day I might and if my better half would like to visit CA.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, any ideas on what I can use as an improvised spacer or some replacement spacer for the hex hubs? I'm not choosing to buy longer hubs, so now I need to find some spacer that I can use (I think 2mm spacer). If there's a part number for it, the better. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

I went out and got the pulleys for the TA-05. How are you guys mounting them. The front pulley does not share the same mounting holes. Should have known it was to simple! Factory guys always have unobtanium! I guys thats why they are factory.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.