R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-15-2004, 06:18 PM   #1336
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by CA$H's son
leo chann very nice advatar waht kinda body is that racing touring cars round my area its the ALFA the SPEED6 u don't see GT-1 type bodies
CA$H,

that body is made by Cheveronmodel, and we have it in stock. it's a Bugatti super car.

Here's a direct link to it

Steve Wang
Old 03-15-2004, 06:40 PM   #1337
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hebiki-Chris---it can be both tweek from the chassis and tweek from the weight balance on the chassis.

To cure, if the car is falls to the right then loosen the left collar and tighten the right. You can also just tighten one side the problem is you will find a 2-3 mm difference at times from side to side. Always check for chassis tweek first as it is alot more important to get it out. The collar is more of a last minute fix.

Korey what is this talk of a 415 you Losi lover. Call Fred Forg he was talking of buying your SE3 this weekend.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:02 PM   #1338

Does any hobby store have the 415 yet? (Besides ebay)
Suradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:22 PM   #1339
Tech Elite

Here's a building tip. When you prep your carbon fiber parts, sand the edges to take the sharpness off, glue as normal and when the glue dries, sand again with 320, 800, 1500 grit sandpaper. Then follow up by polishing the edges with Mother's metal polish. You'll go slowly insane but the finish is awesome and you're friends will thank you when you ask them to press down on the shocktowers when it comes time to untweak your car

Also, be careful with excessive glue build up on the edges of the chassis. If too much gets on and globs over the sides, the chassis may not sit flat on a setup board or piece of glass. If that happens, sand away the high CA spots until the chassis is perfectly flat. Sometimes, people will have high spots of glue on the bottom of their chassis and mistake it for a tweaked car.

Dan, did the man contact you yet?

Last edited by rtypec; 03-15-2004 at 07:29 PM.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:39 PM   #1340
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Dan,

I'm still a tamiya guy at heart. I was debating what to do with the EVO for a while, but since people seem to like the 415 I figured why not. It would be cool if I can do well at the Roar paved nats with the 415. Plus, I'm a sucker for blue stuff on a car .

Thanks for the tip about Fred though. I didn't think he was actually serious about buying it. Roar Carpet regionals are this weekend at Rain City, so maybe they will show up then. Gotta go hit the books again, cya later.

-Sushi Boy
-
Old 03-15-2004, 07:43 PM   #1341
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Difuser
Hebiki-Chris---it can be both tweek from the chassis and tweek from the weight balance on the chassis.

To cure, if the car is falls to the right then loosen the left collar and tighten the right. You can also just tighten one side the problem is you will find a 2-3 mm difference at times from side to side. Always check for chassis tweek first as it is alot more important to get it out. The collar is more of a last minute fix.

Korey what is this talk of a 415 you Losi lover. Call Fred Forg he was talking of buying your SE3 this weekend.
difuser! thanks for all the help. im pretty sure the chassis isnt tweaked.. i just bought the car! ill check it tho. im sure the balance is off. altho when i lift the car and check when the tires come up.. its only about 1-1.5mm difference. so its not as bad.

btw..glad your feeling better and up and about!
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:58 PM   #1342
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

We are anticipating on receiving the TRF415 sometimes towards the end of this week or beginning of the next

Those of you that have pre-ordered will receive an email from us tonight requesting confirmation on the pre-order. Those of you that are still thinking about it, we ordered enough so there's still room on the first batch that's coming in.

Steve Wang
Steve or anybody
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but Speedtech's price for the TRF415 is about 100 bucks less than that of Towerhobbies. I'd expect the price battle to be a little closer, what givez ?
Punkynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:15 AM   #1343
Tech Adept

Default Problems with the TRF415

Is it just me or does someone else out there also realize that, for a brand new car/design, you people are doing an awfull amount of "factory work" on your cars. I mean, prepping chassis with sandpaper, belts that can't be easily adjusted, C1 C2 left Right, pulley holes that are too large and belts that sound awful.

For almost 500 bucks, I would expect Tamiya to sort out this nonsense during the prototyping of this car/design. Lets get real here, this TRF 4X chassis has been around for the while, I don't want to spend this kind of money and still need to sort out design issues, be that on an actual car/toaster/telephone.

And this is not about getting your hands dirty, no, it seems you're not there yet if you have to complete the chassis's construction and modify fittings.

We should be optimizing and tune a chassis using other components that make sense, fit well, and work as designed not complete the manufacturer's design, so that they can scan forums like these and finalize their cars' design with an "updated version" or VERSION 2 of everything.

Just my impatient thortz, not offending anybody because most of you might just be enjoying this

Ta
Old 03-16-2004, 12:27 AM   #1344
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Problems with the TRF415

Quote:
Originally posted by Punkynutt
Is it just me or does someone else out there also realize that, for a brand new car/design, you people are doing an awfull amount of "factory work" on your cars. I mean, prepping chassis with sandpaper, belts that can't be easily adjusted, C1 C2 left Right, pulley holes that are too large and belts that sound awful.

For almost 500 bucks, I would expect Tamiya to sort out this nonsense during the prototyping of this car/design. Lets get real here, this TRF 4X chassis has been around for the while, I don't want to spend this kind of money and still need to sort out design issues, be that on an actual car/toaster/telephone.

And this is not about getting your hands dirty, no, it seems you're not there yet if you have to complete the chassis's construction and modify fittings.

We should be optimizing and tune a chassis using other components that make sense, fit well, and work as designed not complete the manufacturer's design, so that they can scan forums like these and finalize their cars' design with an "updated version" or VERSION 2 of everything.

Just my impatient thortz, not offending anybody because most of you might just be enjoying this

Ta
The only thing i disagree with you on is the chassis prep. That's up to the end user, some people don't bother with it so added costs by the manufacturer to do chassis prep wouldn't be appreciated.

The rest I agree with, people are used to being guinne pigs and don't seem to mind this. I hate it, I think manufacturers like Tamiya take liberties with their customers and take advantage of them with products that could be better but aren't until they're tested by the end user, and not for free!
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:30 AM   #1345
Tech Elite

I disagree on a few things. One is chassis prep. This goes for just about every graphite/deck chassis out there. Whether it's 1/12th or 1/10th scale. 2nd...belt adjustment. Basically it's like the XRay where you rotate the cam like bearing holder. Using this takes out the "belt tensioner" that just adds more friction to the drive train. Basically once it's set right, you shouldn't have to mess with it until you rebuild your diffs. And 3rd... switching C1 and C2 are just tuning options.

I think my car went together pretty good. Fitment was great. Quality was great. The only complaint I have is Tamiya Support. They don't offer too much in terms of setup tips and advice. Plus they change cars too much. If they just stuck with one car like AE (TC3 for example)... they might do alot better. But with the asian market always wanting new and different things... Tamiya has to keep up with that in order to make a profit. Which I don't blame them. But it would be nice to just have one "stable" car and not just a "limited" release.

Of course the demand for this car was there. And people paid the price for it... so there is no one to blame except yourself.. (or me... haha I paid the price for one!) I guess it's like computers, if you keep waiting for the next best fastest thing... you'll always be waiting. Tamiya released the car. Now I'm sure they will be updating it once we "weed" out the weaknesseseseses... Hey, we're all guinea pigs! That's why you shouldn't buy a first year model car (real car).

Anyways... time for bed. Took too long of a nap after work....

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:33 AM   #1346
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Problems with the TRF415

Quote:

Ta

Sounds like u want an RTR kit... hey maybe Tamiya can help u out with one lol
Old 03-16-2004, 01:34 AM   #1347
Tech Elite

ps. so far no weaknesseses I see so far other than the fact they don't offer a front diff and locked pulley for carpet/foam racing.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 04:07 AM   #1348
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Problems with the TRF415

Quote:
Originally posted by black-knight
Sounds like u want an RTR kit... hey maybe Tamiya can help u out with one lol
Black-Night

Hmmm !!! I'm surprised to see that you think its funny. I have two Tamiya cars, perhaps you and the other racers have plenty more, but I absolutely admire Tamiya quality and precision. Now why must I fork out all this money and not get what I paid for.

Old 03-16-2004, 05:07 AM   #1349
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Problems with the TRF415

Quote:
Black-Night

Hmmm !!! I'm surprised to see that you think its funny. I have two Tamiya cars, perhaps you and the other racers have plenty more, but I absolutely admire Tamiya quality and precision. Now why must I fork out all this money and not get what I paid for.

In all honesty I think you getting a fantastic car for your money....
All cars have one or two things that need sorting, no car is perfect from the factory.....
rccarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 06:15 AM   #1350
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Problems with the TRF415

Quote:
Originally posted by rccarracer
In all honesty I think you getting a fantastic car for your money....
All cars have one or two things that need sorting, no car is perfect from the factory.....
Thanks people for your comments.

Do you guys think that the 415 could be followed by a TA05. Looking at Tamiya's history of sticking to brands that sell, and what would a TA05 have that the 415 doesn't

Ta