R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-13-2006, 08:14 AM   #12751
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspecrcr
Not sure if anyone here posted this but just found this on the tamiya website. Now you can run 7.2 stick packs in your 415MSX.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?[IMG]header_49385[/IMG] product-id=49385
What I like about the new chassis is the option to run LiPoly battery packs
Old 02-13-2006, 09:19 AM   #12752
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall

I need to know if any other tamiya car one way cup joints work with the 415. I need a pair badly and am trying to find them in stock somewhere but can't. I've managed to find them for the TA04 and the TB01 but thats it. Will either of these work. I borrowed a set this week from my friend's EVOIII and they worked fine but I need to give them back. Any help?
GroffBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:29 AM   #12753
Tech Addict

Hey, you can use this ones:http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=248&id=1758

Instock as well...
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #12754
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

04 joints should work fine, you might have an issue with width. I think the back spacing is 2mm wider on the 04 joints. This is of course assuming you are running the LW suspension. If you have the STD suspension then you should have no issues as the CVD is not as long.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:41 AM   #12755
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall

Thanks guys I was looking at the 04 ones from speedtech I am using the lightwieght suspension but I think the EVOIII ones I was using are wide so this should be fine. Thanks a ton.
GroffBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #12756
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashvc
Hi,

I'm taking a wild guess here, but you're probably from South Africa?

I'm from South Africa, and am very disappointed by how Jeffrey Stein's trying to resolve the "gray import problem". Instread of lowering his prices, he introduces these rules. For those who do not know. Jeffrey Stein is the SOLE importer/distributer of Tamiya kits and parts in South Africa.

What makes this even worse, is that from now on you need a "certificate" that states your car was bought from a local hobby shop. And everyone who wants to race in Tamiya Cup needs to go to the hobby shop where they bought the kit and get a certificate. What about people who bought their kits second hand from a buddy or online auction Mr. Stein???

Skitee, if you can get an ear at Tamiya Japan, make sure they understand how these rules affect Tamiya's image in the country. Jeffrey Stein is doing more harm than good to the Tamiya Cup with this rule.

-Robert.
was this only started this year? they might have got the idea from mugen. every mtx4 chassis has a serial number printed on the main chassis. every number is linked to the distributor, so they know whether you purchase the car locally of overseas. if number not listed, then too bad you can't race. this is good because it can protect distributors' interests, but in return they also have to protect customers' interest and not inflate prices.
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:00 PM   #12757
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

/Putting on Flame suit.....

Sorry guys gotta give credit to the distributor here. TCS is advertising and ads cost money....Where do you think the money comes from for advertising? That's right sales and sales that come from offshore or grey market do nothing for the distributor at all. If it is anywhere other than Tamiya USA or Japan then they are private companies and that company has to provide for it's employee's. There is even an argument that Tamiya USA should do this as the level of grey market goods does not support their TCS program.

I know from involvement on TCS Canada the $$ you pay to enter the race all goes to the shop to provide for trophies and overhead. Borgfeldt donates all the lucky-draw items. The US side Tamiya USA donates the prizes and trophies, the track donates free racing and facility.

Flame away but the $$ for the program has to come from somewhere........
Old 02-13-2006, 03:12 PM   #12758
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difuser
/Putting on Flame suit.....

Sorry guys gotta give credit to the distributor here. TCS is advertising and ads cost money....Where do you think the money comes from for advertising? That's right sales and sales that come from offshore or grey market do nothing for the distributor at all. If it is anywhere other than Tamiya USA or Japan then they are private companies and that company has to provide for it's employee's. There is even an argument that Tamiya USA should do this as the level of grey market goods does not support their TCS program.

I know from involvement on TCS Canada the $$ you pay to enter the race all goes to the shop to provide for trophies and overhead. Borgfeldt donates all the lucky-draw items. The US side Tamiya USA donates the prizes and trophies, the track donates free racing and facility.

Flame away but the $$ for the program has to come from somewhere........
Agreed with your views, I try and support the local dudes as much as possible. However the Australian importer is not interested in the market at all, since they also import 90% of the toys into Australia, and RC takes about 0.0001% of their business.

They horribly overcharge for the parts at wholesale level. I can get parts from Japan, with postage, cheaper than what I can get in Australia. I am not blaming the local hobby stores, as they are stuck with what the Australian importer charges them.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:18 PM   #12759
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

My sugestion would be to send a letter to Tamiya Japan. Perhaps they need to be made aware of the situation in Australia. Can be in english

That does suck for you guys down-under. I'd complain to the top if I was you.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:12 PM   #12760
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap
Agreed with your views, I try and support the local dudes as much as possible. However the Australian importer is not interested in the market at all, since they also import 90% of the toys into Australia, and RC takes about 0.0001% of their business.

They horribly overcharge for the parts at wholesale level. I can get parts from Japan, with postage, cheaper than what I can get in Australia. I am not blaming the local hobby stores, as they are stuck with what the Australian importer charges them.
Burlap - As i have some involvement with the Aussie importer, i know that there are many factors involved in the high prices in Australia, and that TT is continuosly trying to resolve them, the inconsistencies go back to Tamiya Japan who have a seperate pricing structure for the Japan market, and the rest of the world, Tamiya justify this by saying that Japan is an extremely competitive market and thus require discounts. The fact is that quite often the Japanese retailers can sell items for close to what the Tamiya export price is, thats before you factor in shipping. Not to mention the margins that many shops place on goods.

Believe me the importer is dedicated to making the product more price competitive, there have been some wins so far, but the road is long and has many obstacles.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:44 PM   #12761
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

In a global economy (and this industry certainly is global) manufacturers must utilize a global perspective. Protectionism simply does not work in either the short run or the long term. I agree that the money for the TCS program has to come from somewhere, but it's up to Tamiya to resolve that issue through relationships with its distribution channel...it's simply not the responsibility of the consumer.

Attempting to circumvent natural market forces (racers can buy their goods wherever they choose) by imposing artificial restraints (items must be purchased...where? Local hobby shop in the TCS city? country?) will only curtail the overall sale of the product.

I'd happily pay to race in the TCS series, but they insist on not charging me. What's a free market economist to do, except enjoy it?

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:03 PM   #12762
Tech Regular

hi. i am planning to start running mod. what mods do i have to do to drive train to make it stronger?

i was thinking

1) get rid of the blue aluminium CVA's in the rear and swap them with the steel black ones (same as the fronts)

2) get stronger outdrives for my oneway diff.

3) get stronger outdrives for my rear ball diff.

what hopups are available for (2) and (3) ?
noobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:40 PM   #12763
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Supply and DEMAND?

I think the distributors got it all wrong! You don't get customers coming back by blackmailing them into bankruptcy. It's all about providing a service to the customer and after they spend their money they leave feeling that they got a product at a fair price. I'm sure in different parts of the world part supplies are very limited and if you want the product you have to pay the price! But, if hobby stores wanted to make lots of money they should go into the oil bussiness! "Talk about a captive customer!"
If distributors have to rip off the hobby stores to make a buck then their not going to be in bussiness for very long!
High end rc racing is just a small part of the market but in turn it will promote the hobby so in a way RC racing is the advertising part of the market!! I think money well spent!
There are online stores that provide good service and reasonable pricing and no they probably won't become millionaires doing it but then again it's not all about the money? Or is it?
Just my 2$
P.S> After buying spec tires, motors and Tamiya legal bodies for TCS, it's really not all that free! I think you know what I mean!
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"

Last edited by maxepower; 02-13-2006 at 08:18 PM.
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:49 PM   #12764
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobie
hi. i am planning to start running mod. what mods do i have to do to drive train to make it stronger?

i was thinking

1) get rid of the blue aluminium CVA's in the rear and swap them with the steel black ones (same as the fronts)

2) get stronger outdrives for my oneway diff.

3) get stronger outdrives for my rear ball diff.

what hopups are available for (2) and (3) ?
1. The blue lightweight swing shaft should be fine in the rear, it is strong enough for the rear.

2. The one way cup joints are steel and should not break.

3. Square from Japan makes aluminum rear diff joint:

trf_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:19 PM   #12765
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirik
Hey Anthony,

Did you try out my setup?
Eirik,

Not yet...been busy with a new little member of my fam :P

I do have a Refine2 and TRF415 that I want to combine to run your setup. I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks