R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #12736
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 114
Default

Hi.
i just bought the Tamiya TRF415 Refine 2 version (awesome car)
Does anyone have some good base setups for carpet and ashphalt.
And can you guys give me some building tips. As i have never built
a Tamiya chassis before.
Oh and does anyone know where i can get parts, with cheap international
shipping. Because i live in New Zealand
Thanks Alot.
Simon A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #12737
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 336
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Not sure if anyone here posted this but just found this on the tamiya website. Now you can run 7.2 stick packs in your 415MSX.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?[IMG]header_49385[/IMG] product-id=49385
Jspecrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #12738
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 336
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Sorry everybody about the link...1st time trying to put pics..
Jspecrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #12739
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Margaritaville
Posts: 1,957
Default

I'm excited. My 415MSX2 just came in and cannot wait to build it.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #12740
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspecrcr
Not sure if anyone here posted this but just found this on the tamiya website. Now you can run 7.2 stick packs in your 415MSX.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?[IMG]header_49385[/IMG] product-id=49385
yeah i just saw that the other night too.
Looks good might get myself one
Simon A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:47 PM   #12741
Tech Master
 
bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon A
Hi.
i just bought the Tamiya TRF415 Refine 2 version (awesome car)
Does anyone have some good base setups for carpet and ashphalt.
And can you guys give me some building tips. As i have never built
a Tamiya chassis before.
Oh and does anyone know where i can get parts, with cheap international
shipping. Because i live in New Zealand
Thanks Alot.
Best place to get setups is TryHard's site, here.

No need for building tips, the parts fit and finish is awsome, and the car goes together really well!

Best place to get parts is rc champ in japan, here.
Just click on "Overseas Mail Order" on the left hand side and download one of their order forms (html or excel).

I received my MSX kit from them in 3 days (Japan to Oz)

Hope this helps.
__________________
Jason W
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:51 AM   #12742
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 745
Default Allowed To Race

Hi Guys,

I'd like to pose a question to you ?

What would your reaction be to the organisers of the TCS enforcing a rule which states that if you intend racing a Tamiya chassis/kit which was not purchased locally you will be forced to pay an additional race entry fee and even if you do pay the additional fee you will not qualify for any prizes.

I already have confirmation from Tamiya America that a racer is allowed to use any Tamiya kit as long as it is legal for the class you want to race regardless of where it was purchased.

I would like to get a similar confirmation from Tamiya Japan does anybody know how I could contact Tamiya Japan ?.
__________________
Xray T4 2018 ~ HobbyWing Xerun XR10 Pro ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray X12 2018 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 1S ~ Speedzone 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:34 AM   #12743
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitee
Hi Guys,

I'd like to pose a question to you ?

What would your reaction be to the organisers of the TCS enforcing a rule which states that if you intend racing a Tamiya chassis/kit which was not purchased locally you will be forced to pay an additional race entry fee and even if you do pay the additional fee you will not qualify for any prizes.

I already have confirmation from Tamiya America that a racer is allowed to use any Tamiya kit as long as it is legal for the class you want to race regardless of where it was purchased.

I would like to get a similar confirmation from Tamiya Japan does anybody know how I could contact Tamiya Japan ?.
It would be kind of hard to police wouldn't it???
And with the nature of this hobby, it would be commercial suicide to the TCS series.
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:41 AM   #12744
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender
Best place to get setups is TryHard's site, here.

No need for building tips, the parts fit and finish is awsome, and the car goes together really well!

Best place to get parts is rc champ in japan, here.
Just click on "Overseas Mail Order" on the left hand side and download one of their order forms (html or excel).

I received my MSX kit from them in 3 days (Japan to Oz)

Hope this helps.
Yeah its helped heaps thanks alot!
Simon A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:23 AM   #12745
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

can someone please post the part number for the msx manuel please.
__________________
Tamiya
Much More Racing
LRP electronic
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:52 PM   #12746
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trf racer
can someone please post the part number for the msx manuel please.
Si?



Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #12747
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 114
Default

Does anyone know where i can download the trf415msx manual?
So i can go over it before my car gets here.
Thanks.
Simon A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #12748
Tech Regular
 
RandomFellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Plymouth, MI
Posts: 311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Here is the link for Tamiya manuals:

http://tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
RandomFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:47 PM   #12749
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitee
Hi Guys,

I'd like to pose a question to you ?

What would your reaction be to the organisers of the TCS enforcing a rule which states that if you intend racing a Tamiya chassis/kit which was not purchased locally you will be forced to pay an additional race entry fee and even if you do pay the additional fee you will not qualify for any prizes.

I already have confirmation from Tamiya America that a racer is allowed to use any Tamiya kit as long as it is legal for the class you want to race regardless of where it was purchased.

I would like to get a similar confirmation from Tamiya Japan does anybody know how I could contact Tamiya Japan ?.
Hi,

I'm taking a wild guess here, but you're probably from South Africa?

I'm from South Africa, and am very disappointed by how Jeffrey Stein's trying to resolve the "gray import problem". Instread of lowering his prices, he introduces these rules. For those who do not know. Jeffrey Stein is the SOLE importer/distributer of Tamiya kits and parts in South Africa.

What makes this even worse, is that from now on you need a "certificate" that states your car was bought from a local hobby shop. And everyone who wants to race in Tamiya Cup needs to go to the hobby shop where they bought the kit and get a certificate. What about people who bought their kits second hand from a buddy or online auction Mr. Stein???

Skitee, if you can get an ear at Tamiya Japan, make sure they understand how these rules affect Tamiya's image in the country. Jeffrey Stein is doing more harm than good to the Tamiya Cup with this rule.

-Robert.
flashvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:03 AM   #12750
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

The Australian TCS rules had crappy things like refusing Futaba 27 MHz controllers since the importer of Tamiya in Oz also imports Futaba products, and they are only in the 29MHz range. Someone mentioned that they refused other brands of controllers, but did not see that on the rules. Hopefully this year they will allow Spektrum, I might go up.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:12 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net