R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #12061
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
Carl;
Cough Cough... check my sig

Had one on my MSX for a few weeks (and previously had a double on my std too), Boy do they work well
I've just wired it up to the batt terminals on the speedo, and it starts up as soon as you plug the batts in. Also means the fans are running when the car is on the table after a run... useful when you need to work on the motor quickly

Much advised (Malcs a good bloke too)
Laters
Ed
Cheers ED
Do you know you were one of my 1st customers that came thruogh JP. remember that far back? and nearly 1,000 kits sold to date
Thanks again ED TCCFM
__________________
ARC 2013 model ZEN Racing, MM-UK, HW 3.1, Rich Paints, MM UK Rug Racers win13.5 2007/8
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #12062
Tech Master
 
Charles Godwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK (England)
Posts: 1,129
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I am wondering what the effects of having the urethane bushings in the shocks (red foam peice 53577) are and having them out and how this effects the handling of the car .

Thanks, Charles
__________________
DXR | CML Distribution | Paint by Turnip Paint | TKRgraphics.com
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:37 PM   #12063
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Godwin
I am wondering what the effects of having the urethane bushings in the shocks (red foam peice 53577) are and having them out and how this effects the handling of the car .

Thanks, Charles
outdoors we dont use them. its a compensator for when the piston moves up and down.it controls surge flow when the piston moves.
can you post what set up you use at ur track and what sort of grip level there is.
thanks
__________________
Tamiya
Much More Racing
LRP electronic
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:50 PM   #12064
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakside Trucke
Cheers ED
Do you know you were one of my 1st customers that came thruogh JP. remember that far back? and nearly 1,000 kits sold to date
Thanks again ED TCCFM
I remember... and do you also remember i was one of the first to break a bracket too bloody wall jumping out in front of me

BTW, I have now reverted to the carbon collars. The longer one needed a slight rub on sandpaper, as when I tightened them down, the rear would stand proud. Now the bracket sits perfect.

Cheers
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #12065
Tech Master
 
Charles Godwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK (England)
Posts: 1,129
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trf racer
outdoors we dont use them. its a compensator for when the piston moves up and down.it controls surge flow when the piston moves.
can you post what set up you use at ur track and what sort of grip level there is.
thanks
I haven't used the car yet but i will be using it this weekend on high grip carpet with slick tyres. The thing i have done to it just before the event are that i have moved the rear shocks in a hole and moved the from ones out, taken the rear roll bar off and but a direct pulley and spool in (usually the cars are really 'pointy').

Charles
__________________
DXR | CML Distribution | Paint by Turnip Paint | TKRgraphics.com
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #12066
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Somewhere on earth
Posts: 927
Default

Carpet wars 2 dayer is coming up so i am about to get loads of practice in with my msx. I have one currently with the LTW suspension on and one with the std suspension on. Does anyone think it is worth me getting a 2mm chassis cut to try? Also got a ride accord body coming and a mazda 6 any others worth getting?
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:44 PM   #12067
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,443
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I don't think you should try a 2mm chassis. If you want more flex, then instead of tightening down the top deck with the normal screws... get some flat head screws and some black orings and tighten it down with that. You can start with the steering post screws and go from there... Just an idea..
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:44 PM   #12068
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Draper
Carpet wars 2 dayer is coming up so i am about to get loads of practice in with my msx. I have one currently with the LTW suspension on and one with the std suspension on. Does anyone think it is worth me getting a 2mm chassis cut to try? Also got a ride accord body coming and a mazda 6 any others worth getting?
Rick : you know I've been using one and I find it really good. On carpet you really need to adjust the Roll Centres though. I have 1mm under the front blocks and 2 under the rear ones, and of course loads of spacers for the upper links...

BTW am I the only one to think Tamiya should seriously think about giving springs at random in their kits ? I currently have 8 pairs of yellow springs : 2 i had with the 414M, 2 with the springs sets, 2 with the 415 and 2 with the MSX...
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:47 PM   #12069
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilRuf
I don't think you should try a 2mm chassis. If you want more flex, then instead of tightening down the top deck with the normal screws... get some flat head screws and some black orings and tighten it down with that. You can start with the steering post screws and go from there... Just an idea..
Trust me thinner chassis ain't about flex at all, it's about lower CoG and RC (not for carpet that RC thing though). I have one on my car and it's as stiff as the tamiya 3mm chassis, just a different grade of C/F. Yet I have much more grip and the car's also easier to drive.

Last edited by TRF415boy; 01-05-2006 at 06:01 PM.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:48 PM   #12070
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,443
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
BTW am I the only one to think Tamiya should seriously think about giving springs at random in their kits ? I currently have 8 pairs of yellow springs : 2 i had with the 414M, 2 with the springs sets, 2 with the 415 and 2 with the MSX...
Me too! haha... I'll second that notion... At leas the TA05 came with Silver springs.....
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:50 PM   #12071
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,443
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Trust me thinner chassis ain't about flew at all, it's about lower CoG and RC (not for carpet that RC thing though). I have one on my car and it's as stiff as the tamiya 3mm chassis, just a different grade of C/F. Yet I have much more grip and the car's also easier to drive.
Ahh sweet.. I didn't think about lower CoG...
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:02 PM   #12072
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilRuf
Ahh sweet.. I didn't think about lower CoG...
Ah ah ah just realized i wrote flew instead of flex...
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:15 PM   #12073
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,443
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Haha, I thought FLEW might be some british word or term for flex or something haha... I just went with it.. haha..
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:14 AM   #12074
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Draper
Carpet wars 2 dayer is coming up so i am about to get loads of practice in with my msx. I have one currently with the LTW suspension on and one with the std suspension on. Does anyone think it is worth me getting a 2mm chassis cut to try? Also got a ride accord body coming and a mazda 6 any others worth getting?
Hello Rick,

I have found the stiffer 3mm chassis to work better on carpet than the 2.5mm! The car is much more responsive and traction is about the same actually, but most important, the laptimes are faster with the 3mm

Also. the old suspension is easier to set up for carpet, it always work!!

I have been running the Accord body lately and I really like it, but if traction is low I would use the Stratus 3.0AP or the Mazda!

Good luck!!
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:22 AM   #12075
Tech Master
 
Guo Chean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indiana, PA15701
Posts: 1,492
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirik
Hello Rick,

I have found the stiffer 3mm chassis to work better on carpet than the 2.5mm! The car is much more responsive and traction is about the same actually, but most important, the laptimes are faster with the 3mm

Also. the old suspension is easier to set up for carpet, it always work!!

I have been running the Accord body lately and I really like it, but if traction is low I would use the Stratus 3.0AP or the Mazda!

Good luck!!
Hey Eirik,
may i know which stabilizer bar that you used for your MSX becasue the original MSX kit only came two piece only? izzit the TA 05 stabalizer set? or other? thanks
__________________
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]|HotBodies|HPI|Full Throttle Motorsports|KO PROPO|DSM|Nosram|JACO|MUCH MORE RACING|Schacht Design Works|[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Guo Chean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:48 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net