Tamiya TRF415

Old 01-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
ZS-501 outdrives
ZS-507 diff thrust bearing set
ZS-508 diff adjusting kit.

You can use the regular Tamiya ball diff plates or Yokomo's (ZS-506). They are the same.

You then need to use the Tamiya ball diff pulley, the two bearings that go inside the diff, and your diff balls.
I'm the XRAY slut who has been liberated...thanks for the info. Do you happen to know the size of the internal diff bearings?
Old 01-04-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sohlman
I'm the XRAY slut who has been liberated...thanks for the info. Do you happen to know the size of the internal diff bearings?

Now that you've been bitten by the Tamiya bug...check this little gadget out...I installed one a few weeks ago...well worth it...

http://coolcan.usmanbiz.com/site2/pages/Tamiya.htm
Old 01-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
V2 needs gearing silly low, and they don't work out of box, need much harder springs to work. I'd jump a few teeth on the pinion and go for 6 right now, then work your way till you find the proper gearing, it's not like you're gonna burn it anyway it's a V2.
Ok, then I will try 6:1 gear ration. BTW, what's the max temperature that is safe for that motor? I don't want to overheat it.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Carl;
Cough Cough... check my sig

Had one on my MSX for a few weeks (and previously had a double on my std too), Boy do they work well
I've just wired it up to the batt terminals on the speedo, and it starts up as soon as you plug the batts in. Also means the fans are running when the car is on the table after a run... useful when you need to work on the motor quickly

Much advised (Malcs a good bloke too)
Laters
Ed
Old 01-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trf_racer
It's a V2 19T motor from Team Orion.

I was using 6.4 before and it was slow. I will try 6.3 when I go to the track this week.

BTW, do you guys know which is the best 19T in terms of performance and durability? I find that the V2 19T does not have good top end.

We prefer and have had good sucess with the Cameleon 2. It's got plenty of revs and all we do is change to a heavier spring if we want more RIP/torque. We gear from around 5.8-6.2. Ive not had much success with the reedy quad mag and have no experience with the V2 orion 19T. We do run their V2 modified 9x1 and 10x1 and love it. Good luck
Old 01-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SpeedChair
Hi All,

I've been racing nitro onroad for the last two years, and decided to give electric a chance since the Tamiya USA track is only 15 minutes away from me.

Anyway, I picked up a TA04, and needed some suggestions on which mod motor to run. I'm going to be running the Aliso Track, and possibly Socal track in Huntington Beach CA. Both are decent medium size tracks.

Since I'm fairly new to this car, I need specific information on which motor to buy, even down to the numbers (ie 11x1, 11x2, etc), and what ratio I should start with the suggested motor.

Lastly, if you could throw some setup suggestions for this car, I would really appreciated. Sorry to throw this out on the 415 tread, but I knew all the "experts" are on this tread.
When we set up a 04 for the enduro fred suggested to try the following.
Front
2 hole piston
60wt
white spring

Rear
2 hole piston
40wt
Blue
Ride height 4.5-5.0mm
Camber 1.5-2.0 front /rear.

We ran almost no droop on front and I can't remember what we had in the rear.
As far as motor I've seen guys run 13x1 with that car on that track. Not sure how well that car would run with lower turn motors. This car was a great GT-3 platform for the mabuchi class motors prior to the introduction of the 05 which should be the dominate car in the GT-3 class.
The few times I ran My 04 at so cal the car was not competitive against the other cars so i did not put much effort at setting it up.
Anyways hope this helps and hopefully will see you out at Tamiya or Socal sometime.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

BTW, for thoose of you running the tamiya spool, you can now get outdrives seperatly from RC champ

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...&postcount=339

HiH
Ed
Old 01-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Running 415 msx, 3 ml chassis, extra braces from 415,
carpet foam tires.
what changes do you guys notice when changining spacers under camber links,
what changes do you see when changing wheelbase.

what are you guys doing to get more steering , grip, rotation, ect.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
BTW, for thoose of you running the tamiya spool, you can now get outdrives seperatly from RC champ

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...&postcount=339

HiH
Ed
Or you can ask your local tamiya distributor to special order from Tamiya Japan.For us we do that...
Old 01-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ben.C
Or you can ask your local tamiya distributor to special order from Tamiya Japan.For us we do that...
good idea ben. Thing is RC Champ is currently my local distributor (given that The Hobby Co don't support the 415 over here at all)
Old 01-05-2006, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

good idea ben. Thing is RC Champ is currently my local distributor (given that The Hobby Co don't support the 415 over here at all)

Opps ...Then I think my statement don't apply to all then...
Old 01-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Carl;
Cough Cough... check my sig

Had one on my MSX for a few weeks (and previously had a double on my std too), Boy do they work well
I've just wired it up to the batt terminals on the speedo, and it starts up as soon as you plug the batts in. Also means the fans are running when the car is on the table after a run... useful when you need to work on the motor quickly

Much advised (Malcs a good bloke too)
Laters
Ed
I decided to plug the fan into the RX...so I only have power when the RX is on...I decided not to wire directly to the battery as I was concerned someone during tech would hit the spinning fans....I do like the idea as the fans will cool the motor while marshalling.

In place of the plastic standoffs that come with the fan, I decided to use alum posts I had from an old associated 1/12th scale....drilled out to handle 3mm screws.

Great product!!! Hats off to the designer
Old 01-05-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casey
Running 415 msx, 3 ml chassis, extra braces from 415,
carpet foam tires.
what changes do you guys notice when changining spacers under camber links,
what changes do you see when changing wheelbase.

what are you guys doing to get more steering , grip, rotation, ect.
Casey is using the standard arms... I only wish Tamiya had a 2 degree castor block for the standard arms.

Martin Crisp had a good set-up a few pages back with standard arms....he can probably help....

Looking forward to racing on the 14th with Casey in Maryland...
Old 01-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Now that you've been bitten by the Tamiya bug...check this little gadget out...I installed one a few weeks ago...well worth it...

http://coolcan.usmanbiz.com/site2/pages/Tamiya.htm
Cheers for that vote of confidence on the CCF's It does exactly what it say's on the tin (in this case packet )
People very rarely talk about products that actualy work eh

We now have a couple of NEW editions to the on growing CCF's
The X-Ray T2 & the Schumi EC
Cheers Malc TCCFM
Old 01-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=
Great product!!! Hats off to the designer[/QUOTE]

That'll be me then
Cheers TCCFM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.