R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2005, 05:32 PM   #11731
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customworksking
anyone have any ideas on how to freeing up the belts on the 415 other I run them as loose as i can
If your running the belts as loose as possible and your car still isn't free enough for you. Try cleaning out your bearing. I don't think you should run your belt that loose.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:40 PM   #11732
Tech Elite
 
Jack2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,377
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Running the belts too loose is not good. Firstly you wear the belts too quick and secondly you speed up the wear on the center pulley(s). Especially running Mod.

I set the belt tension according to the instructions using the low friction belts and my car is very free. Just make sure all your bearings are silky smooth.
__________________
Schumacher Mi4CX
Mugen MTX & MRX

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:46 PM   #11733
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
anyone know what brand 1.5hex driver, where the shaft is 1.5mm all the way thru? i need one for the spur hex.

also anyone know if there is a hop up Titanium Front Swing shaft for the 415ms?
Sod that...
Just take a spare droop screw, and replace the grub screw with that.
Works a charm, and it means you can use a normal hex driver, as the top of the droop screw sticks out the top of the spur holder.

The Ti-Ni shafts are avaliable for the MS, they are gold looking shafts.

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:27 PM   #11734
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
Sod that...
Just take a spare droop screw, and replace the grub screw with that.
Works a charm, and it means you can use a normal hex driver, as the top of the droop screw sticks out the top of the spur holder.

The Ti-Ni shafts are avaliable for the MS, they are gold looking shafts.

HiH
Ed
Hi Ed,

I think what QWERTY trying to ask about Ti CVs for the MS.

Well, QWERTY

I don't think Tamiya has come out with the CV fully Ti. But they do have the end where you afix your wheels to in Ti...But they cost a bomb!!!
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:39 AM   #11735
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: somewhere in the north of england
Posts: 347
Default

Try hard I got a Msx I guess i am gonna be bugging you at DV for setup help though what I need now is Pinion so i can run 19t at DV, watch me destroy this car hehe.

I built like Trf 415boy told me to and bullet proofed it as he said. Shame the externally adjustable diff is an optional extra.


See ya around tryhard ps let me know if WB i running some races over Dec time i need to shake the car down.
Smoking motor.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:48 AM   #11736
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking motor..
Try hard I got a Msx I guess i am gonna be bugging you at DV for setup help though what I need now is Pinion so i can run 19t at DV, watch me destroy this car hehe.

I built like Trf 415boy told me to and bullet proofed it as he said. Shame the externally adjustable diff is an optional extra.


See ya around tryhard ps let me know if WB i running some races over Dec time i need to shake the car down.
No prob. I should be there this weekend, hopefully running 19t. I do have a load of 64dp pinions, so I might be able to lend you some for the day.

I'm not sure what setup I'm gonna run on the car yet... don't know if I'll go for the indoor or outdoor setup yet, might try and get two practises in with different setups.

Still, come say hi anyway, always good to meet fellow TRFers

Later
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:43 AM   #11737
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
No prob. I should be there this weekend, hopefully running 19t. I do have a load of 64dp pinions, so I might be able to lend you some for the day.

I'm not sure what setup I'm gonna run on the car yet... don't know if I'll go for the indoor or outdoor setup yet, might try and get two practises in with different setups.

Still, come say hi anyway, always good to meet fellow TRFers

Later
Ed
Ed, Sammy's not doing the series he won't be there on sunday...
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:44 PM   #11738
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: somewhere in the north of england
Posts: 347
Default

I am doing anther 13 hr shift god know when i am gonna get time to race between work and uni ;P
Smoking motor.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:54 PM   #11739
Tech Fanatic
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 868
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Arrow MSX

Put up a photo gallery of my MSX.

http://www.netikka.net/kentech/TRF415MSX/index.html

Also some other pics on my web diary.

http://kentech.blogs.se

Really super impressed with the MSX!
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF415-photo53.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-photo61.jpg  
__________________
kentech.wordpress.com
kentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:54 PM   #11740
Buyer Beware
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentech
Put up a photo gallery of my MSX.

http://www.netikka.net/kentech/TRF415MSX/index.html

Also some other pics on my web diary.

http://kentech.blogs.se

Really super impressed with the MSX!
very nice car.....mine is on its way....kitty
HELLOkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:02 PM   #11741
Tech Master
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,633
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking RE:MSX!

Kentech,

Nice webpage of your MSX. Did the kit come with the blue anodized aluminum screws or did you get this seperately?
Has anybody tried the Dave Jun Suspension with the MSX kit?
I don't think anybody has posted a set-up for this combo, but correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm considering trying this for outdoor asphalt!
__________________
Tamiya Track Local. 10,000 Watts of power! ($5 donations for gas appreciated)
Proud Father of GT-1 Past Champion!"Hey, I got to go to Japan too!
FF03,TA-05V2 ,EVO-6,TA-07,TRF419W,EXOTEK-6
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 12:50 AM   #11742
Tech Master
 
bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Kentech -

Nice car, I love the orange

Here's my new MSX ready for it's debut tomorrow. Mine is a very simple paint job as I hate painting (in fact I suck at painting )
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF415-msx_1.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-msx_2.jpg  
__________________
Jason W
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 01:49 AM   #11743
Tech Fanatic
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 868
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the nice comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower
Nice webpage of your MSX. Did the kit come with the blue anodized aluminum screws or did you get this seperately?
Got the screws from http://www.fastener-express.com/
Tamiya's own or the Champ RC screw set do look nicer though as they are the same light blue as the aluminium parts.
__________________
kentech.wordpress.com
kentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 02:33 PM   #11744
Tech Master
 
Charles Godwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK (England)
Posts: 1,129
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

TryHard YGPM

Nice car and shell Kentech

Charles
__________________
DXR | CML Distribution | Paint by Turnip Paint | TKRgraphics.com
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:00 PM   #11745
Tech Regular
 
Ballsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hamilton, United Kingdom
Posts: 354
Default

Any of the UK based guys running at the DMS Winter Series in January?
Ballsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:55 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net