R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2005, 04:34 PM   #11581
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Draper
Here goes:

From the hole furthest forward on the motor mount measure towards the cells 16mm then towards the front of the chassis 28.5mm. The diagonal measurement between the original motor mount hole and the new hole you are going to drill is 24.5mm.
I got it, the 16mm is the vertical distance... Well I figured that out since it's on the centreline At least I have confirmation since it concurrs with what i have. But the second measurement can't be 28.5mm then, must be 18.5mm since if I put 28.5 I end up with the hole next to the third cell and a diagonal measurement of 32mm...

Hey thanks for the help mate, does that looks good to you ?
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF415-415-3.jpg  
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:01 PM   #11582
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,506
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

ANybody see the pics of the new xray T2? Look shockingly similar to the msx
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF415-t2.jpg  
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:43 PM   #11583
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

looks a downgraded MSX to me, no alloy rear hubs, plastic shocks, etc... Is that the TA06 then ?
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:52 PM   #11584
Tech Regular
 
quantum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014
ANybody see the pics of the new xray T2? Look shockingly similar to the msx
yeah, but then again, why does that surprise us?
the first T1 used the same layout as the 414M, then the FK05 was like the 415/MS.... now the FK06 looks like the 415msx!

hmm, a pattern perhaps??
quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:58 PM   #11585
Tech Elite
 
dodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the archipelago
Posts: 3,095
Send a message via Yahoo to dodo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
looks a downgraded MSX to me, no alloy rear hubs, plastic shocks, etc... Is that the TA06 then ?
doesn't look right without the blue blings... then again xray doesn't do blue.... put it together... it will never looked right to my eyes hahaha

don't think that's composite carbon material on the suspension parts
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #11586
Tech Master
 
SMcpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,237
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo
doesn't look right without the blue blings... then again xray doesn't do blue.... put it together... it will never looked right to my eyes hahaha

don't think that's composite carbon material on the suspension parts
Carbon or not, Xray's plastics are pretty good.....remind me a lot of Serpent's parts
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:32 PM   #11587
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 454
Default

Hey guys, does this look like a new rear hub from Tamiya?

http://team-td.net/teamtd/2005exp/ms/ms08m.gif

BTW, this is Satoshi Maezumi's car.
trf_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:32 PM   #11588
Tech Elite
 
Mason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ocala, Florida
Posts: 4,910
Default

Not like tamiya's is any worse or anything. I can't seem to bend nor break the plastic. Darn tie-rod or kingpin gives before anything. maybe they should market it as "spring plastic" - stronger than metal!
I wonder if any of those T2 parts will fit this ol 415. Would be easier since they will be in stock locally.
__________________
Mason McCombs
NewRed Hobbies & Indoor Facility
Off-Road, Dirt Oval, Crawlers & Pullers
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:01 PM   #11589
Tech Elite
 
F. Alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,141
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trf_racer
Hey guys, does this look like a new rear hub from Tamiya?

http://team-td.net/teamtd/2005exp/ms/ms08m.gif

BTW, this is Satoshi Maezumi's car.
Perhaps it is, or perhaps its a Square option part. Not sure.
__________________
Simon Feigl
RCRacer.com.au - Dedicated Australian Forum and Website

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:10 AM   #11590
Tech Regular
 
KiwiKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 458
Default

I can confirm that it is a 'RC-Square' Option Hub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trf_racer
Hey guys, does this look like a new rear hub from Tamiya?

http://team-td.net/teamtd/2005exp/ms/ms08m.gif

BTW, this is Satoshi Maezumi's car.
KiwiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:32 AM   #11591
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
looks a downgraded MSX to me, no alloy rear hubs, plastic shocks, etc... Is that the TA06 then ?
Exactly.
Nothing really new, just copied and they still keep some bad design from the old car.
A MSX or Cyclone is a different animal in my opinion.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:23 AM   #11592
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: fl
Posts: 275
Send a message via AIM to odawg315
Default

its the hudy fk06 msx-ray
odawg315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:36 PM   #11593
Tech Master
 
SMcpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,237
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason
Not like tamiya's is any worse or anything. I can't seem to bend nor break the plastic. Darn tie-rod or kingpin gives before anything. maybe they should market it as "spring plastic" - stronger than metal!
I wonder if any of those T2 parts will fit this ol 415. Would be easier since they will be in stock locally.
Also a fan of Tamiya's plastics..... my TA04R's a tank!

But my parts situation's quite the contrary to yours.....Tamiya parts are silly-easy to get here in California compared to Xray, which is most likely why I'll be sticking with Tamiya
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:15 PM   #11594
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Somewhere on earth
Posts: 927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
I got it, the 16mm is the vertical distance... Well I figured that out since it's on the centreline At least I have confirmation since it concurrs with what i have. But the second measurement can't be 28.5mm then, must be 18.5mm since if I put 28.5 I end up with the hole next to the third cell and a diagonal measurement of 32mm...

Hey thanks for the help mate, does that looks good to you ?

Right the measurement front to back is 20.5mm or around that. Dunno where 28.5mm came from.

Here are some pics of my MSX. I will get some better ones in good light tomorrow.





Also Xray are good at cloaning winning kits now, pitty they never win anything with them as the competition is always one step ahead
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:18 PM   #11595
Buyer Beware
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Draper
Right the measurement front to back is 20.5mm or around that. Dunno where 28.5mm came from.

Here are some pics of my MSX. I will get some better ones in good light tomorrow.





Also Xray are good at cloaning winning kits now, pitty they never win anything with them as the competition is always one step ahead
thanks for the pix
HELLOkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:51 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net