R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-18-2005, 02:36 PM   #11341
Tech Regular

Last time I checked the part numbers were on the Tamiya USA website.

I have heard that the new MSX kit that will be coming out in December will have a diff, has anybody else heard that?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:38 PM   #11342
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

big issue! Just noticed I cracked the carbon fiber steering rack for my MSX conversion. (Actually think the turn marshall cracked it trying to reattach a ballend)

Tamiya USA does not have the parts for the MSX yet. The part number of #4305556

Can someone overseas help in surfing the web to see of someone outside the US sells this part yet?

Not sure if the standard rack will work.

It actually cracked where the carbon fiber is milled so the flange on the ball bearing can sit flush with the plate...weak design
Old 11-18-2005, 03:54 PM   #11343
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You might have to buy a whole new MSX kit! Just kidding Hey, good luck finding the part

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 04:00 PM   #11344
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customworksking
ok now if u were to chane the back onlysay with a 3mm and add a 1mm or 0.50mm ...what does it do handling wise ....?
Huh? question is a little mudy. You mean raise the rear lower blocks up? Theoretically it makes the rear more responsive ie less traction. Something like.5mm is so subtle most racers don't even notice so most dont need to mess with these things. If you're on carpet or extreme high grip track it might be the thing to do (raise the blocks) but who knows- everyone has different opinions

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...

Last edited by MikeR; 11-18-2005 at 08:03 PM.
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 04:04 PM   #11345
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
big issue! Just noticed I cracked the carbon fiber steering rack for my MSX conversion. (Actually think the turn marshall cracked it trying to reattach a ballend)

Can someone overseas help in surfing the web to see of someone outside the US sells this part yet?

It actually cracked where the carbon fiber is milled so the flange on the ball bearing can sit flush with the plate...weak design
Just a thought....in the interim while Tamiya's getting the parts in, couldn't you just repair it with epoxy??
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 04:07 PM   #11346
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

Contact R10. I know they had MSX spares maybe also the steering rack. At least it΄s the best chance as they are very near Tamiya factory.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:08 PM   #11347
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to croy

Quote:

I think the standard rack is the same except for the milling for the bearing flange.
croy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 04:27 PM   #11348
Tech Initiate

front diff part:

Yokomo :
ZS-501 DIFF HALVES - you will get two sets one for the front and one for the rear. You will use the REAR parts, these will have the equal spacing for the outer bearings. It's obvious, as the other set is offset (like it is on the rear diff of the TRF415).

ZS-506 DIFF RINGS - you will get two (I believe you can use the Tamiya ones too, but I thought it best to use the Yokomo ones just incase).

ZS-507 THRUST BALLS AND WASHERS - these are a real pain! You use both washers and about 6 of the small bearings (you can use ZC-507T if you want Tungsten Carbride Balls, but I couldn't find them anywhere.

ZS-508 DIFF SCREW AND LOCK NUT. - you will get 2 of everything but you only need to use one.

ZC-S100 (10mm): Shims for removing play from components on any car.

Tamiya :

51055 TRF415 Ball Diff Pulley - the one that's on the rear of the car as standard

53124 3mm TUNGSTEN-CARBIDE DIFF BALL SET - you could use any 3mm balls, but I think these ones are extremely smooth, they are quite pricey too

51092 Tamiya TB Evolution IV, TRF415 46mm Swing Shaft - you could use the aluminium ones too, but I used these just to be on the safe side.
maxoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 04:36 PM   #11349
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to odawg315

i never even installed the msx rack, iv been using the standard one with out any problems
odawg315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 06:13 PM   #11350
Tech Master

Quote:

Maybe you can inform your local tamiya distributor and apecial order from Tamiya Japan...I've done that before...
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:01 PM   #11351
Tech Apprentice

thnx for the info guys. i'm sorry for asking so many dumb questions. but what is the difference between a 415 an a 415ms? i've only had associated cars untill now.
RobertF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:22 PM   #11352
CND
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to CND Send a message via MSN to CND

I think its all about center of gravity with the MS and MSX upgraded cars. but i might be wrong..

Hey i just put my Nylon outdrives in and they are a really bloody tight fit, almost like they are oversized, do they need to wear in or what? I have the final of the drift comp tonight and they are slowing the rear wheels alot when i back off..

I know i didnt bugger up the installation at all and they are the ones meant for 415, i just wanted to know if its normal? they will probably wear in soon enough.

Thanks guys
JAck
CND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:34 AM   #11353
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy OUTDRIVE ISSUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CND
I think its all about center of gravity with the MS and MSX upgraded cars. but i might be wrong..

Hey i just put my Nylon outdrives in and they are a really bloody tight fit, almost like they are oversized, do they need to wear in or what? I have the final of the drift comp tonight and they are slowing the rear wheels alot when i back off..

I know i didnt bugger up the installation at all and they are the ones meant for 415, i just wanted to know if its normal? they will probably wear in soon enough.

Thanks guys
JAck
This is not normal, if anything they usually need to be shimmed up because they are too loose! So you have a bad set of outdrives or you somehow assembled it wrong and increased the length! I wouldn't run it like that!!!
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 03:28 AM   #11354
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

RobertF thats okay, nobody minds at all. Just keep it coming
Old 11-19-2005, 04:46 AM   #11355
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxoo
hello,

For the moment I use the old suspension on my MSX and a yokomo diff with 46mm shaft on front.

If I use the MS suspension, can i still use my front diff with 46mm shaft?? or I must use the 48mm (Tamiya F201)???

thanks.
anybody use a yokomo front diff with a MS car??
maxoo is offline   Reply With Quote