R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-11-2005, 09:04 PM   #10606
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to odawg315

pm back at you, just so you dont worry about sending me money, im odogg88 on ebay, 118 + feedback, 100% positive.
odawg315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:07 PM   #10607
Tech Elite

thanks for the pms. picked them both up...and an msx conversion.....put....the....wallet.....away..... lol
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:15 PM   #10608
Tech Elite

anyone have a dj pro setup they want to sell??
Old 10-11-2005, 11:14 PM   #10609
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
i got a whole one way i wont be using id be happy to trade for a light weight suspension... LOL...

Odawg315 YGPM//// THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
Keith. SIR has the TA04 lightweight kit and both the steel and aluminum swing shafts that you would need for the 415. Or by all the spare parts.
I'll talk to him tomorrow about pricing.
You are the person that bought the MSX correct?
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:17 PM   #10610
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Ask and you shall find!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
OK TRF'ers..

I am new to the 415. I have the MSX, and have yet to run it. I am desperately trying to find a light weight suspension kit for this pig. Speedtech RC doesnt have all of the individual parts to piece it together..

Does anyone here have the necessary parts to convert this??

PPPLLEEEEAASSEEE???
Here in So.Cal. Ultimate Hobbies has 4 TRF Lt wt conversion kits with all that you'll need to change over. I had mentioned this only one page back. If you have to order it by mail you should call because they don't have them listed on their web site.
They do have the MSX kits on their website. I believe the reverseable kit is $79.00, much cheaper than buying parts individually. The kit is the way to go. If anyone is interested, the MSX is $184. They had (5) of those kits!!
@ Ultimate Hobbies.
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"

Last edited by maxepower; 10-12-2005 at 12:33 AM.
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:27 PM   #10611
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool RE:Evo blocks on 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Thanks for the reply Max (MaxPower) & also on the heads up re the MSX conv kit @ Ultimate Hobbies. Checked out their website & also free shipping for internet & mail orders. The only thing they did'nt have on their website was the lt wt rev susp kits.

I previously installed 415 susp blocks on my 414M (extremely TRF'd hopped-up). I'm still in the process of setting it up to run properly for my asphalt track. I currently have in the front B/X & the rear B/B. I know the 414 has it's own thread but since you mentioned your 414M2, was wondering if you can post or pm me your set-up on your 414M2 when you get a chance.

Thanks again.
I had all the settings written down somewhere and I can't find it, so I'll have to re-measure everything when I get a chance. I also did a conversion on my 414M2 with all 415 parts on my son's car. He liked it but it was a little too aggressive for me. My 414M2 was just right! Smooth in the corners with just a hint of push coming out of the corners, just the way I like it. I'll try to give you the setting ASAP! Not too many racers run the 414M2's anymore. That's too bad, it was a great car except for having to use saddlepack style batteries. When I switched to Evo blocks, it really made a significant difference.
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:18 AM   #10612
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower
I had all the settings written down somewhere and I can't find it, so I'll have to re-measure everything when I get a chance. I also did a conversion on my 414M2 with all 415 parts on my son's car. He liked it but it was a little too aggressive for me. My 414M2 was just right! Smooth in the corners with just a hint of push coming out of the corners, just the way I like it. I'll try to give you the setting ASAP! Not too many racers run the 414M2's anymore. That's too bad, it was a great car except for having to use saddlepack style batteries. When I switched to Evo blocks, it really made a significant difference.
Nice to hear from you again Max. I currently hopped-up my 414M to full TRF special parts:

SSG Graphite set
F/R Lt Wt Bulkheads
F/R Delrin outdrives w/ alum diff pullies
Titanium screws
415 dampers w/ alum ret & collars
415 bumper
F/R 42mm lt wt universals
4mm alum wheel hubs (clamp type)
Alum fixed ctr pullies
415 susp blocks
Tungsten carbide ball diffs
Titanium tie rods
Low friction ball ends
Stabilizer rod stopper
Alum stabilizer ball ends
Alum ball studs & nuts
Front Stabilizer Set (Worlds Style)
Alum 6mm Ball Ends

....all the alum parts listed & that was added was of course in blue. The only thing I need next for the car.....is to make it run properly. Definetly I need help in re to set-ups to make the car work in order to match all the parts I added on. I probably spent at least close to a thousand incl electronics in the past 3-4 years I had this kit. If I remember correctly, I actually bought this kit directly from Tamiya USA in CA. I have no idea how long I had this car. I guess I'll be keeping this car as a collectible in my stable.
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:23 AM   #10613
Tech Rookie

Default 415 540 Rollout/Gearing

I race 540 at Castle Hill and am having trouble with my motor overheating. I have tried running between 38-42 rollout (using 48 pitch 78 spur and 32-36 pinions).

If I keep the same rollout but alter the spur and pinion size (keeping the ratio the same), will that make a difference or as it is the same rollout, won't change anything?
klokan747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:31 AM   #10614
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

Probably best to check out the Tamiya TRF thread in the Australian Racing section on RCTech. There are plenty of guys who have raced at Castle Hill there. http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&goto=lastpost

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:30 AM   #10615
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Keith. SIR has the TA04 lightweight kit and both the steel and aluminum swing shafts that you would need for the 415. Or by all the spare parts.
I'll talk to him tomorrow about pricing.
You are the person that bought the MSX correct?

Maxepower and Tamiya racer.. you guys are awesome.

TR/ or anyone, the TA04 set, you need different swing shaft to run in 415? Meaning CVD shaft?

Maxepower, is this the TA04 set @ ultimate? or is this specific to 415?

owe'in ya both a beer-
Keith
Old 10-12-2005, 06:20 AM   #10616
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer

Quote:
Maxepower and Tamiya racer.. you guys are awesome.

TR/ or anyone, the TA04 set, you need different swing shaft to run in 415? Meaning CVD shaft?

Maxepower, is this the TA04 set @ ultimate? or is this specific to 415?

owe'in ya both a beer-
Keith
Keith you are correct, the 415 uses a 46mm swing shaft, and the TA04 uses a 42mm swing shaft (dog bone / cvd shaft). The easiest way to put the 415 kit togethor would be the TA04 LW set and the proper size swing shaft, cause the set has som many little parts that become extra stuff, and you get the instructions with it. (that is if you can't find the 415 kit)
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:24 AM   #10617
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Keith you are correct, the 415 uses a 46mm swing shaft, and the TA04 uses a 42mm swing shaft (dog bone / cvd shaft). The easiest way to put the 415 kit togethor would be the TA04 LW set and the proper size swing shaft, cause the set has som many little parts that become extra stuff, and you get the instructions with it. (that is if you can't find the 415 kit)

dialed...
LMK price asap.. ill try to call them today.. im on the east coast though

do you think they have the HPI spindle carriers ( i run foam)?
Keith
Old 10-12-2005, 06:32 AM   #10618
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

Just got back from a dismal first running with the MSX. The car is sooo ridiculously tweaked or something, really weird. The suspension arms and shocks are identical from a race meet that I had not too long ago but the car just is understeering horribly to the right and just spins when I go to turn left. The heats are so short so I didn't get a chance to fix it so I went back home. Very disappointing but I certainly felt as if the car was going to be great, once I sort this issue out.

On the tweak station, everything reports as perfect, as does my alignment station, so I'm not quite sure what is wrong, but I need to fix it. I mainly just need to go down to the track for a little while and try some things, then hopefully it will be something simple or something.

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:56 AM   #10619
Tech Elite

If the car is perfect on the board...did you change any of the EPAs or anything on your TX to set it up for the last car?
Old 10-12-2005, 07:05 AM   #10620
Tech Adept

you have to alter the steering on the radio because the steering plate is much lower than before. also the long turnbuckle that goes from the servo to the steering linkage must be lengthened.

As far as tweak in the chassis, i made sure i built everything up together, but not tight, i placed the rear bulkheads on a flat table before attaching to the chassis. this ensured they were screwed together on a flat surface thus reducing the amount of tweak in the car. this can be a problem if not done correctly as the rear bulkhead has a number of peices to it.

my first heat with the car wasn't good as i hadn't adjusted the radio, but once i did, the rest of the day was awesome. i used the exact same setup from the ms and it was faster, easier to drive and alot smoother. i think having all new bits helped as well, along with the bling factor!!!
ukmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote