R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2005, 07:49 PM   #10426
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Draper
Yes at last customs have reliesed my MSX kit. Hell i might even get it tomorrow all been well.

Any news on your one Ed?
As of 11:39Pm this evening, it arrived at the "national hub"... fingers crossed tomorrow
If not Thursday at the latest

I mean, doesn't this just need the parts

http://www.thard.co.uk/images/DSCF0102.JPG

Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:50 PM   #10427
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: fl
Posts: 275
Send a message via AIM to odawg315
Default

just curious, my kit is arriving from speedtech 2morrow, can any one tell me if the body post mount the same or do i have to cut new holes in my new body?
odawg315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:54 PM   #10428
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

ooooo the bling

need.....my..... msx..... Drool
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:26 PM   #10429
Tech Elite
 
Customworksking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Springfield ILLINOIS
Posts: 3,639
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default bearings

can someone tell me where to get a ceramic bearing set for a 415 ms?
__________________
Team Xray | RC America| Hudy |Jaco |AKA
Customworksking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:33 PM   #10430
Tech Initiate
 
neosan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Brazil, SP
Posts: 35
Default

Hi custom,

try http://www.speedtechrc.com/
neosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:34 PM   #10431
Tech Addict
 
JRRobiso's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 659
Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
As of 11:39Pm this evening, it arrived at the "national hub"... fingers crossed tomorrow
If not Thursday at the latest

I mean, doesn't this just need the parts

http://www.thard.co.uk/images/DSCF0102.JPG

Ed
Hey TryHard (ED), noticed you also have the TAM 415 spool. Have you raced it already? If you have, how's the durability on it? Got one 3 weeks ago but haven't replaced my Speedtech (1st version) spool yet. Had the 2nd version from Steve (Speedtech) but broke it when I hit the board/pipe @ my LH asphalt track. I'm thinking of using the TAM spool when I upgrade to the MSX conversion (previously was going to get the refine kit - but changed my mind). Oh! by the way awesome website you have. Got good tips re rear toe blks setting when I was installing the lt wt rev arms a week ago.

Let me know your comments or feedback re TAM 415 spool & anybody can also comment as well re the spool. Thanks in advance.
__________________
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:39 PM   #10432
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe
The shirt is made for midgets though, it will hurt using it as a rag

The MSX is a gorgeous chassis though, ease of adjustment and maintenance will be much better, i have partly finished putting it together, all of that Bling is inspirational.

I have not finished the build yet, but the car feels like it has a lot more flex than an MS.

Damn....!! My conversion kit came direct from Japan as its being brought in by the local tamiya distributor!! But it doesn't come with the black TRF t-shirts!!

Btw,These things come from japan,and asian people are smaller in build than westerners,thus the midget size t shirts. I think I'll fit into it quite well,if I've found one in my conversion kit... !
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:43 PM   #10433
Tech Master
 
Mr-s413bt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 1,731
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Heya Guys.


Yeah i got my kit from Champ R/C.

The shirt is waaaaaaaaaaay too small, but it fits my g/f ok! She'll have to wear it for me!


Glenn
Mr-s413bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:45 PM   #10434
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Hey TryHard (ED), noticed you also have the TAM 415 spool. Have you raced it already? If you have, how's the durability on it? Got one 3 weeks ago but haven't replaced my Speedtech (1st version) spool yet. Had the 2nd version from Steve (Speedtech) but broke it when I hit the board/pipe @ my LH asphalt track. I'm thinking of using the TAM spool when I upgrade to the MSX conversion (previously was going to get the refine kit - but changed my mind). Oh! by the way awesome website you have. Got good tips re rear toe blks setting when I was installing the lt wt rev arms a week ago.

Let me know your comments or feedback re TAM 415 spool & anybody can also comment as well re the spool. Thanks in advance.
Hi,I've been running the speedtech version one although I have the tamiya one.However,after seeing what happened to my friend's tamiya spool I decided to stick to the old heavy steel speedtech version 1...!Unless tamiya comes out with the outdrive replacements... !
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:02 PM   #10435
Tech Addict
 
JRRobiso's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 659
Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.C
Hi,I've been running the speedtech version one although I have the tamiya one.However,after seeing what happened to my friend's tamiya spool I decided to stick to the old heavy steel speedtech version 1...!Unless tamiya comes out with the outdrive replacements... !
What exactly happened Ben to your friends TAM spool?

Thanks as well for your response.
__________________
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:27 PM   #10436
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRobiso
What exactly happened Ben to your friends TAM spool?

Thanks as well for your response.
Well,just a slight tap on the barriers or a wheel collision would cause the delrin to split.Tamiya gave 2 extra outdrives.His on his last...

So unless,its a big race and u want that extra edge,then use the tamiya or not I'll just stick to the speedtech version 1.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:20 PM   #10437
Tech Addict
 
JRRobiso's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 659
Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.C
Well,just a slight tap on the barriers or a wheel collision would cause the delrin to split.Tamiya gave 2 extra outdrives.His on his last...

So unless,its a big race and u want that extra edge,then use the tamiya or not I'll just stick to the speedtech version 1.
Thanks for the input Ben. It's a good thing I didn't toss my 1st Speedtech spool (1st version). Bought the light weight version & after 2 outings w/it, it also split open like a flower when I accidently hit the boards @ my LH track. So right now I'll stick w/ the 1st version Speedtech spool. The only sad thing about it though, if that breaks & the TAM spool breaks (including the 2nd set of outdrives), Steve (Speedtech) no longer makes the 1st version spool anymore...only the light weight version.
__________________
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:28 PM   #10438
Tech Initiate
 
AKARA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: -Joey Ellis-
Posts: 41
Default

Got my MSX kit today but no Tshirt. Oh well. Nice box though. I think I will tape it all up with clear tape and use it for a tool box.
AKARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:45 PM   #10439
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Thanks for the input Ben. It's a good thing I didn't toss my 1st Speedtech spool (1st version). Bought the light weight version & after 2 outings w/it, it also split open like a flower when I accidently hit the boards @ my LH track. So right now I'll stick w/ the 1st version Speedtech spool. The only sad thing about it though, if that breaks & the TAM spool breaks (including the 2nd set of outdrives), Steve (Speedtech) no longer makes the 1st version spool anymore...only the light weight version.

Jun... you got a PM
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:27 AM   #10440
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Hey TryHard (ED), noticed you also have the TAM 415 spool. Have you raced it already? If you have, how's the durability on it? Got one 3 weeks ago but haven't replaced my Speedtech (1st version) spool yet. Had the 2nd version from Steve (Speedtech) but broke it when I hit the board/pipe @ my LH asphalt track. I'm thinking of using the TAM spool when I upgrade to the MSX conversion (previously was going to get the refine kit - but changed my mind). Oh! by the way awesome website you have. Got good tips re rear toe blks setting when I was installing the lt wt rev arms a week ago.

Let me know your comments or feedback re TAM 415 spool & anybody can also comment as well re the spool. Thanks in advance.
Hey,
Personally, I find the durability pretty good.... Although I do prefer the tamiya one for outdoor work, purely from durability stand point (too much to hit indoors ). On that point, I've actually only broken one outdrive so far... and that was from running indoors with a 19t..opps.
I will say however, there is a noticeable increase in turn in when running it, mainly as it makes the drivetrain lighter, and reduces the amount the car wants to run on.
Currently, my indoor car (std 415, std suspension) either uses the old speedtech spool, or a yokomo diff I made up. I'm intending my MSX to soley use the tamiya spool or 1-ways, as I'm going to make this my outdoor car.

Thanks for the comments on the website, I do have a few more setups to put up soon, Martin Crisps vegas being one, and Dave Spashetts from the KO GP another. And if your really interested I might put some of mine up....

On another note enteriely
MY MSX SHOULD BE HERE TODAY
can't wait to try the baby t... will go well with my EA motorsport T(ent)-shirt (only jking eric)

Guess I had better on into work today then....

Later
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:17 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net