R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-13-2005, 01:09 AM   #9691
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap
If RC Champ made some effort to have an English parts page like R10, then I might be interested.
You could learn Japanese.

But seriously, you can email them in English and they will get back to you in English. No problem at all. RC Champ is at least 20% less than R10. Adds up quickly.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 06:11 AM   #9692
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
You could learn Japanese.

But seriously, you can email them in English and they will get back to you in English. No problem at all. RC Champ is at least 20% less than R10. Adds up quickly.
I look on RB10 for part numbers then email champ! Champ let you know fast and then ship really fast.
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 06:56 AM   #9693
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rick
How are the shipping costs in compare to R10?
Old 08-13-2005, 07:02 AM   #9694
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12
Rick
How are the shipping costs in compare to R10?
Latest order which has a shell and a load of 415 bits in is 4150 yen, they is a 1593 yen paypal charge as well but the bits are a fair bit cheaper than RB10. The 415 words kit is 6027 yen off champ and 8200 yen off RB10 IIRC.

I will be getting my MSX kit from RC champ as well so shud have a decent saving there.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:09 AM   #9695
V12
Tech Elite

Thanks for the information Rick. Is there a price already for the MSX conversion kit from Champ? R10 just is too expensive there.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:35 PM   #9696
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12
Thanks for the information Rick. Is there a price already for the MSX conversion kit from Champ? R10 just is too expensive there.
Not yet, they dont give a price i dont think untill they have it.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:41 PM   #9697
Tech Rookie

Default trf415ms

hi i have a 4i5 ms kit and im running rubbers with standard ms setup, problem i have is no steering off power, im running a diff, with no one way at all, couls someone help me with a setup that would work on asphalt indoor track,thanks idar66
idar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:54 PM   #9698
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by idar66
hi i have a 4i5 ms kit and im running rubbers with standard ms setup, problem i have is no steering off power, im running a diff, with no one way at all, couls someone help me with a setup that would work on asphalt indoor track,thanks idar66

For off power steering try increasing the amount the rear arms drop when you lift the car (droop) stiffer rear springs. or softer front springs, stiffer rear swaybar
Old 08-14-2005, 01:46 AM   #9699
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

I just received my 415 and got a few new bits for it, MS shock towers, spool reinforced diff, MS worlds kit (havnt put it on yet)

I raced today and the car shit was it fast, D6 12 turn, but it just kept spinning out, I was running yellow springs on back and red on front, hard sway bars all round, HPI 23r tyres with inserts, spool diff.

I tryed yellow springs on front to try and dial in abit of understeer but that didnt work, so I put a yellow sway bar on the back, didnt work, so I changed the tyres to pit shimizu tyres but no difference, so I took the sway bars off, still didnt work. Out of a sweeping corner it understeers, but in tight corners it spins out, I actually have to drive slow onto the straight before i put the power down otherwise it justs goes into the ropes

I also smashed by brand new spool halves, shattered them, also the rear belt came off the rear pulley

Also, why is the rear diff so loose?

I know this car is awesome and a little harder to setup but I aint gonna give up so please help guys

Please help me!!!
junn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:13 AM   #9700
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

try

3 holes pistons all around
30 wt in rear
40wt in front
roll bar only in front
yellow springs all around

I never use the hard sway bar ever (only yellow or red)
Never use the sway bar only in rear

that should keep it planted !
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:17 AM   #9701
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default MSX price

Given that the list price is around 30000 JPY, expect a real world price at rcchamp around... 20000 jpy ? (about 200 USD)...

Just a rumor but i head that If there is a chassis plate included in the kit, it will be a 2mm one. Not sure though but you never know..
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 03:16 AM   #9702
Tech Elite

Default Junn,

Junn, I am going to send you a setup which I got from Simon Feigl (F.Alonso on rctech).

It is for the 415MS but you still should able to adapt it, Its a great base setup(asphalt), I have made some small adjustments to it to suit my driving style, and now its my base setup, I just make minor adjustments according to the conditions and layout.

also, check out Try Hards TRF 415 pages , there is some good setups there, its a great website with some useful info.

PM incoming

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 12:51 PM   #9703
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

Quote:
Originally Posted by idar66
If you can, put a 1mm shim under the upper arm ball on the rear hubs, and maybe mount your rear shocks 1 more step inward on the tower, that should give some more steering
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 01:31 PM   #9704
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just thought I'd mention this.
I attend the Barham Mod national today, and got to see David Spashetts MSX... WOW it's a fantastic looking bit of kit. Deffiently seems that Daved prefers to use it too, the main advantage coming on higher grip circuits, as the MSX will roll less than an MS (lower CoG), allowing softer suspension to be run.
One thing that was interesting to note was the car had a prototype top deck, I think it was hand made.. but probably won't be far off a production version.
Plus... performance was certainly there... Adam Rogers TQ'd with his MS, whilst David was in 2nd. David then went on to win both legs of the finals... so a good day for Tamiya in the UK

Later
Ed
Old 08-14-2005, 01:45 PM   #9705
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
Just thought I'd mention this.
I attend the Barham Mod national today, and got to see David Spashetts MSX... WOW it's a fantastic looking bit of kit. Deffiently seems that Daved prefers to use it too, the main advantage coming on higher grip circuits, as the MSX will roll less than an MS (lower CoG), allowing softer suspension to be run.
One thing that was interesting to note was the car had a prototype top deck, I think it was hand made.. but probably won't be far off a production version.
Plus... performance was certainly there... Adam Rogers TQ'd with his MS, whilst David was in 2nd. David then went on to win both legs of the finals... so a good day for Tamiya in the UK

Later
Ed
Hello Ed,

Do you know if David was running a spool or one-way?

Later
Hugo is offline   Reply With Quote