R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-03-2005, 02:42 AM   #9301
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Shock shafts from the old 414 are about 2mm longer than the newer ones from EVO3 or 415. Don´t have a # yet but could look for if you need.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:08 PM   #9302
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

hi guys..

after driving a 415 today i'm seriously looking into getting one.

the problem is, the ms is reeeealy expensive....

i am looking on speedtech and the normal 415 is $350 where as the MS is $470

so is the MS worth the extra $120? or should i put the extra $120 tow3ards the DJ rear sus and that LWT malarky for the front end?

anything else i need

DJ rear sus
lwt front sus
spool?
diff? (anyone make one yet?)
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 10:13 PM   #9303
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by raving-monkey
hi guys..

so is the MS worth the extra $120? or should i put the extra $120 tow3ards the DJ rear sus and that LWT malarky for the front end?

anything else i need

DJ rear sus
lwt front sus
spool?
get the MS the extra dough is worth it if you want you can order it in Japan or in Hongkong cheaper than U.S. stores. DJ rear suspension i think is only available in the U.S. market so you have to order it with Tamiya America or Speedtech RC. Tamiya has already a spool for their 415 and Speedtech and RC Maniax has also one. regarding front diff these is a generic one you have to use Yokomo diffs plus other parts that i forgot
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 10:17 PM   #9304
Tech Master

Quote:
hi guys..

anything else i need

DJ rear sus
lwt front sus
spool?
Hi, I previously had a normal 415,but when the MS came out I sold my 415 for the MS.The MS does have hope ups that amt up to 120. The Long arm sus set is already quite expensive.

Tamiya does have a spool for the 415. However for the front diff,there is currently no diff manufactureed by tamiya.However there's a fixed to it,using yokomo parts,as they actually fit right into the 415.More details are found in the tamiyusa website,TRF section.

The 415MS is really a good car.But you may want to wait awhile for the 415MSX to come out.It has new bulk heads,which make the diff easier to excess.

Just my 2 cents.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:59 AM   #9305
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

Thanks guys, i have been offered a 415 and its a cracking price

Its the standard 415 but it leaves me A LOT of money (over $200 comapred to MS ) to get LWT sus, make a dodgey diff, DJ in the future etc
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:29 AM   #9306
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Thanks guys, i have been offered a 415 and its a cracking price

Its the standard 415 but it leaves me A LOT of money (over $200 comapred to MS ) to get LWT sus, make a dodgey diff, DJ in the future etc
I mainly run asphalt with rubber tires and the standard 415 has been dialed. The LW suspension is nice (had it on my EVO4) and it was easily broken. The rear hubs suffered the most in a hit on the boards. The alum rear hubs helped but then the ball studs would start breaking. The standard suspension is so much stronger overall.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:35 AM   #9307
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

If you can get the standard 415 for about $200 which is what it sounds like I would grab it.

If you race rubber tires the MS is a little nicer. But you won't be at a loss with the standard. Even when the MS/LW suspension was out I believe M.Rheinhard did use the stock suspension at some overseas races. Plus if you ever switch over to running foams you don't need to alter or retrofit anything.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:47 AM   #9308
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to odawg315

i just got a 415ms yesterday, i still run a 414 witch uses the same suspension as the origanal 415. because of rain i had very little, actualy no set up time for my 415 and it was crazy lose, my point is i was hitting barriors left and right and broke nothing. car felt just as sturdy as the origanal. i have a dj on my 414 and love it, soon as there available again i will purchase 2 more one for my ms and one for my msx the hopefully will be available soon. the ms is worth the xtra 120, aside from some hopups and toe in mounts, it also has a different chassis, a little lighter (very little) and sits lower to the ground. if you buy aluminum hubs then buy titanium ballstuds as these wont break. but if you do that you need to get aluminum tie rods as there must be some week point to absorb the force of a crash, the tie rods are the cheapest and can be replaced with common associated parts.
odawg315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:35 PM   #9309
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I race the MS and I have had it for around 2-3 months now and I have run mostly 7x1's, 8x1's, 9x1's & 10x1's and I have still not broken a part or worn anything out. I'm still running the Low Friction belts which are showing slight signs of wear but are still holding up pretty well. I think the LWT suspension is definatly strong enough.

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:07 PM   #9310
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack2
I race the MS and I have had it for around 2-3 months now and I have run mostly 7x1's, 8x1's, 9x1's & 10x1's and I have still not broken a part or worn anything out. I'm still running the Low Friction belts which are showing slight signs of wear but are still holding up pretty well. I think the LWT suspension is definatly strong enough.
Agreed. For outdoor on rubber, which is what we mainly race over here, the LWT IS the better suspension (MR only used the standard indoor on carpet).
Matt, don't forget my car is a std 415, but with LWT & DJ, plus a few extras (belt tensioner, delrin rear diff, MS shock towers, heat sink beam, and a variety of spools, never run a diff...), and it performs pretty damm awesome You won't be dissapointed. Hit me up on MSN if you want to chat more about it.

Later
Ed
Old 07-05-2005, 09:43 PM   #9311
Tech Regular

Has there been any set release date for the MSX?
teammediocre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:50 PM   #9312
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus
If you can get the standard 415 for about $200 which is what it sounds like I would grab it.

If you race rubber tires the MS is a little nicer. But you won't be at a loss with the standard. Even when the MS/LW suspension was out I believe M.Rheinhard did use the stock suspension at some overseas races. Plus if you ever switch over to running foams you don't need to alter or retrofit anything.
Yeah,if you guys notice,M.R. usually use the old sus arms on carpet races.I think the old arms are more stiffer then the long arms and more suit to carpet racing.

My 2 cents...
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:24 PM   #9313
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap

I've found the standard suspension fine for tarmac. Also from my point of view it seems to be stronger.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:15 AM   #9314
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

How durable is this car? Is it worth getting the ms over the standard kit? Im thinking of trading my rdx for this car but I know very little about this car cause ive never seen a racer here with this car. As for parts no here as for I know stocks them so im kinda screwd there.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:15 AM   #9315
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSi xXx S
How durable is this car? Is it worth getting the ms over the standard kit? Im thinking of trading my rdx for this car but I know very little about this car cause ive never seen a racer here with this car. As for parts no here as for I know stocks them so im kinda screwd there.
Between Speedtech and Rainbow10 you should be fine with parts. Even though Rainbow10 is overseas they ship fast....most of the time their shipments get here faster then the Speedtech orders from Cali.

The stock kit is as durable if not more then the other kits out there. From what it sounds like on this board the MS is also pretty strong as well.