R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2005, 06:16 PM   #9151
Tech Regular
 
FlyinGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Land Down Under
Posts: 283
Send a message via AIM to FlyinGT Send a message via Yahoo to FlyinGT
Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Boys Racing
hey, how should i file the batt holders down on my car or is it optional, i just have a funny feeling i would wreck the chassis if i tried?
yes coz it will let the cells sit in place better so it won't fly out during a hit
y
You should file down it a bit ...just so that the cells sit nicell on the chassis.

it also lets the cells sit lower the chassis..

just take your time an slowly file it down.... then just seal it up once ur down.

also just as u are filing keep putting the cell back on ancheck that u haven't filed too much that the cell is sitting below the chassis.
FlyinGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:37 AM   #9152
Tech Adept
 
SCML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 197
Default Chassis Filing

Yep, you have to file the battery slots, otherwise the sharp edges will cut through the shrinkwrap on your cells, and eventually short them out. Carbon Fiber is mildly conductive. If you don't mind seeing your car in a ball of smoke, no need to file.

A couple of tips -

Use a single cell, if you have one, to make sure it sits in each slot nicely, preferably flush with the bottom of the chassis.

Use one of your good packs to make sure the whole thing sits evenly in the slots.

Just take the sharp edge off the 2 end slots, each end of the battery. Only the edges between the cells need to be filed further to get the pack to sit low and even. I wish I knew this when I did my first chassis.

->[][][][][][]<-

Take your time, and take small amounts, then check the fit. It is a time consuming task, no one likes it, but you'll be much happier with your car if the batteries fit well and sit low.

Mike
SCML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #9153
Tech Adept
 
Bad Boys Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 155
Send a message via AIM to Bad Boys Racing
Default

ok, do i have to retain the original shap of the holes or can i just file them in a square shape like my TC3 slots are
Bad Boys Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:18 PM   #9154
Tech Master
 
Mr-s413bt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 1,731
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Help::: Carpet Set up needed!

Heya Guys.

I got a 415 (non-MS version)

Looking for a set up for rubbers on carpet.

Currently i have:
diff in the front
direct centre pulley

40wt ae oil and 2 hole pistons all round
yellow springs and sway bars
2mm under the fron ball stud
3mm under the rear ball stud
Factory everything else

Any help would be greatly appreciated


Glenn
Mr-s413bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:51 PM   #9155
Tech Adept
 
Bad Boys Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 155
Send a message via AIM to Bad Boys Racing
Default

the edges on my slots are rounded but they cells don't fit that well, what should i do now?
Bad Boys Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 07:37 PM   #9156
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Boys Racing
the edges on my slots are rounded but they cells don't fit that well, what should i do now?
Keep filing...
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 07:52 PM   #9157
Tech Adept
 
Din Viesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 120
Default

This thread should be titled: The Rich and Wealthy I sure would love one but do not want to have to remortgage the house! Why is that the top cars that Tamiya makes has to cost so much? ie... TRF 415MS and Evo iv. One day when I win the lottery I own one

Grip it and Rip it!
Din Viesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:02 PM   #9158
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din Viesel
This thread should be titled: The Rich and Wealthy I sure would love one but do not want to have to remortgage the house! Why is that the top cars that Tamiya makes has to cost so much? ie... TRF 415MS and Evo iv. One day when I win the lottery I own one

Grip it and Rip it!
Buy it second hand like I did. Or know someone in Japan that can get it at near cost, like what my friends did with their MS's
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:12 PM   #9159
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mongville
Posts: 6,980
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din Viesel
This thread should be titled: The Rich and Wealthy I sure would love one but do not want to have to remortgage the house! Why is that the top cars that Tamiya makes has to cost so much? ie... TRF 415MS and Evo iv. One day when I win the lottery I own one

Grip it and Rip it!
Each to their own champ, next thing you are going to admit to driving a corally, now thats an expensive car.
__________________
12th Scale - The premier class (if you can make runtime)
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:17 PM   #9160
Tech Adept
 
Din Viesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe
Each to their own champ, next thing you are going to admit to driving a corally, now thats an expensive car.

Actually I still race a Losi Street Weapon
Din Viesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:46 PM   #9161
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,664
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

A few quick questions regarding some 415 parts.

1. What are the differences between these two parts...

Tamiya Aluminum Rear Uprights for Touring Cars ??deg.
Part #: TAM53687

Tamiya rear hub carrier aluminum 1 deg.
Part #: TAM53784

Are they the same pieces just different in the 'degree'

----------

2. What is the degree of toe for this part. I think I asked waaay back when but I wanted to verify.

Tamiya Hard Rear Upright for TA04/414MII
Part #: TAM53428

----------

3. Will the part listed for the MS suspension work on the stock front c-hubs.

EVO IV Flanged Tube
Part #: TAM51100

----------

I also have some parts for the LW suspension that I am going to post for sale if anyone is interested. They are like new...built up and mounted but never used. I prefer the stock suspension for it's durability.

1 set front and rear arms
1 set 4deg c-hubs
1 set of front knuckles
1 set of rear hubs

pm or email if interested.

---------

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer those questions. Anyone from the Tamiya camp know what the status of the TRF page is? Doesn't seem to be much information being feed through that page.
__________________
Serpent Racing * Speed Passion * Fantom Racing * Windy City Raceway
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 04:54 AM   #9162
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus
A few quick questions regarding some 415 parts.

1. What are the differences between these two parts...

Tamiya Aluminum Rear Uprights for Touring Cars ??deg.
Part #: TAM53687

Tamiya rear hub carrier aluminum 1 deg.
Part #: TAM53784

Are they the same pieces just different in the 'degree'

----------

2. What is the degree of toe for this part. I think I asked waaay back when but I wanted to verify.

Tamiya Hard Rear Upright for TA04/414MII
Part #: TAM53428

----------

3. Will the part listed for the MS suspension work on the stock front c-hubs.

EVO IV Flanged Tube
Part #: TAM51100

----------

I also have some parts for the LW suspension that I am going to post for sale if anyone is interested. They are like new...built up and mounted but never used. I prefer the stock suspension for it's durability.

1 set front and rear arms
1 set 4deg c-hubs
1 set of front knuckles
1 set of rear hubs

pm or email if interested.

---------

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer those questions. Anyone from the Tamiya camp know what the status of the TRF page is? Doesn't seem to be much information being feed through that page.


1 : one is for the STD suspension the other is for the Lw suspension.

2 : already answered that, it's 1

3 no they're different lengths you can use those from the std suspension on the LW if really need to use one, but not the contrary, as it would bind the steering.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:21 PM   #9163
Tech Adept
 
Bad Boys Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 155
Send a message via AIM to Bad Boys Racing
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Boys Racing
ok, do i have to retain the original shap of the holes or can i just file them in a square shape like my TC3 slots are
answer please
Bad Boys Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:31 PM   #9164
Tech Elite
 
F. Alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,141
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso
Default

Mine are just a rectangular shape as that's what my chassis was like anyway! Are yours like circles??

I Kid... I kid!
__________________
Simon Feigl
RCRacer.com.au - Dedicated Australian Forum and Website

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:12 AM   #9165
Tech Elite
 
F. Alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,141
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso
Default

Guys,

What are the Corally Blades part numbers for the RCManiax Spool?? Is it: Part #: COR791898

One of mine just broke on the 5th run with the spool and I need to replace it. I don't think that should have happened, so I must have done something wrong.

But........ the car is awesome with it. Very happy with this spool
__________________
Simon Feigl
RCRacer.com.au - Dedicated Australian Forum and Website

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:51 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net