Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Like I stated before, I'm in agreement with TRF415 boy here....
The only way they would lower the CoG with that amount of alloy on the bulkheads to make the whole drivetrain lower, say knocking a couple of mm out of the height of the bulkheads. Of course won't be able to tell that without looking at a few more detailed pics of the car.... or having got a few more details.
I can honestly see no reason otherwise the car would have a lower CoG otherwise... there's just too much alloy up high. especially given the look of the overly complicated rear bulkhead mounting in the middle.
Admitadly, some pieces on there look useful (camber pick ups for example), but nothing so special that couldn't be solved with a few custom carbon pieces...
And with regards to the mullti-piece bulkheads... yet more weight high up! How can anyone possibly say that a bulkhead in two pieces, with mounting hardwear is any lighter than the single piece currently used?
The only bit that really caught my eye was the lowered steering knuckles (by about 6mm), although I already run my rack in a similar position, just the kunckles are lower (carbon plate is on top, not below the kunckles).

Of course thats not to say I wouldn't consider one when it came out...just a little underwhelmed at the moment

And @ Entropy.... says something about the Cyclone though... when the pulley is a direct fit.... after all which came first?

Regards
Ed
Old 05-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

I have just bought a TRF415MS kit. I want to run it with a spool so is there any other parts I will need to get? Also is there anything I should get that is a good addition to what looks like an awesome beast.... :-)
Old 05-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just got my RCManiax Spool. Very impressed with it so far.

Acutts - You also need to get the Tamiya Direct Center Pulley to get rid of that center oneway.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:18 AM
Tech Champion

F.Alonso,
Been running one for the past few weeks.... very nice Find it gives loads more steering, plus better throttle response.

And Acutts, in agreement with F.Alonso here, direct centre pulley would be the only part you really need. Although you could get another front pulley, to make swapping over quicker and easier.

Regards
Ed
Old 05-27-2005, 01:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TryHard
F.Alonso,
Been running one for the past few weeks.... very nice Find it gives loads more steering, plus better throttle response.

And Acutts, in agreement with F.Alonso here, direct centre pulley would be the only part you really need. Although you could get another front pulley, to make swapping over quicker and easier.

Regards
Ed
Thanks for info guys

Ed ... where can I get direct pulley in UK ... do you know anywhere???

Also another front pulley I don't understand????
Old 05-27-2005, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default pulley

Front pulley : (front gear that the belt run's on, the gear that is bolted onto the front one-way) this means you can change from the one-way to spool or vice versa without changing over the gear.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jack2
Front pulley : (front gear that the belt run's on, the gear that is bolted onto the front one-way) this means you can change from the one-way to spool or vice versa without changing over the gear.
Thanks makes sense to save time ...!
Old 05-27-2005, 02:09 AM
Tech Champion

To be honest, no.
I tend to get most of my parts from either the US or Japan.... saves money usually, but can be highly annoying when you just want one bit...
I mainly use speedtechrc.com, or rainbowten.co.jp
regards
Ed
Old 05-27-2005, 03:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F. Alonso
I just got my RCManiax Spool. Very impressed with it so far.
Where have you run it Simmo? Could you bring it down to the next Boronia club night?
Old 05-27-2005, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Haven't run it yet, just it arrived today and I was impressed with its build quality, and it's weight. I want to use some of that Spin Grease Eirik was recommending so I'll still probably use the oneway at Boronia on Wednesday night, then I should have the grease for the weekend so I can use the spool at TFTR. Gotta play around with what sort of EPA I can use without getting chatter, which is the first issue to sort out.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:49 AM
Tech Addict

Simon,

The Anti Wear Grease that comes with the car works really good as well, it will actually prevent chatter even more! Friction will be slightly higher because it's very "sticky"
Old 05-27-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Hmmmm, okay. And you literally just cover a LOT of grease on the dogbone part of the universal??
Old 05-27-2005, 04:05 AM
Tech Addict

Not a whole lot, just apply some grease around the Blade/Dogbone and you will be fine!
Clean and regrease after 6-8runs....
Old 05-27-2005, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

YUK... Maintenence!!

I guess I should calm down a bit. This car has required very little maintenence so far which is good, but I still can't get over it when I have to change belts. It's SUCH a pain in the butt!

Eirik - Thanks for your advise too, much appreciated.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I do a strip down of my car once every four runs. If I don't win anything, at least I'll have the cleanest car out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.