Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 04-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: toe blocks

Originally posted by buboy28
XA, XB, XC and XD or get the 415MS world championship parts set which includes the suspension blocks that i mention plus the aluminum rear hub and the direct center pulley

?? So XA, XB,XC & XD come with the 415ms car kit or with the W/C parts set ??
Old 04-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: toe blocks

Originally posted by Jack2
?? So XA, XB,XC & XD come with the 415ms car kit or with the W/C parts set ??
XA, XB,XC & XD are not included in the MS kit. They are included in the WC parts set. You should get all of the other standard blocks (1 of each), including the previously optional 1A bridge.

It's always good to have an extra 1B and 1C around, though, because it is common, for me at least, to have one of these in both the front and rear of the car.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default thanks

Cheers,
~Jack
Old 04-23-2005, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: toe blocks

Originally posted by Arun
It's always good to have an extra 1B and 1C around, though, because it is common, for me at least, to have one of these in both the front and rear of the car.
Yeh, I do the same thing. Its a good idea to have a few.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by red robinhood
david jun my hero [r1 sucks]
And your my hero little red
Old 04-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Suspension mounts for Dummies

Just bought a 415, this car is awesome just Im confused on the suspension mounts, theirs so many of them with all these numbers and letters, please help me understand all this.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Everything you need to know about blocks was posted on this page -

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...pagenumber=275

Look for my post and Tryhard's post about half way down.

Mike
Old 04-24-2005, 04:57 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: toe blocks

Originally posted by Arun
XA, XB,XC & XD are not included in the MS kit. They are included in the WC parts set. You should get all of the other standard blocks (1 of each), including the previously optional 1A bridge.

I don't bother with anything other than the standard blocks, except I run a A,A-Bridge on the front. They are plenty fast enough.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:38 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I have a chance to buy a used 415 but it is the standard version and only ran 4 battery packs. The guy I know isn't into touring cars so I was looking at buying it.

The car has the white belts, two yoke front diff setups and some alum rear toe in blocks. Car is otherwise stock and in absolute mint condidtion. He is asking 250 for it all and was thinking about pulling the trigger and buying it.

I plan to run only asphalt with rubber tires and thats it.

Anything I need to know. I have followed this thread some but not enough to know what I need to about the car.

Thanks
Brian
Old 04-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Be proud knowing your driving a Tamiya, the 2 time world champion.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:18 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by kylehirano
Be proud knowing your driving a Tamiya, the 2 time world champion.
I do like my Tamiya stuff but the new car every 3 weeks is what is a pain to me!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wyd:
Stock the car is pretty awesome.

If your running outside, you'll probably also want to get a spool. Also look into getting all the usual spares (wishbones, hinge pins etc) although you don't need that many, car is really strong.

Also get some extra suspension blocks, as above. For the standard car, get a couple of extra toe blocks, C, B, and the A bridge. Also, springs... yellows i find too soft, get 2pairs of blues and whites.

If you really want, get hold of the white belts too, free the drivetrain up nicely.

Thats about it really to start with

Once your happy with that, get hold of the LWT suspension kit... it is better for outside, but thats not too say the standard suspension can't hold it's own.

HiH
Ed
Old 04-24-2005, 01:59 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Thanks TryHard. I'm really leaning towards this car. It is a really nice one. Has all stainless steel screws and not a scratch on the chassis. He does have the nice white belts to. I know he has a few blocks but not sure which ones.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by wyd
Thanks TryHard. I'm really leaning towards this car. It is a really nice one. Has all stainless steel screws and not a scratch on the chassis. He does have the nice white belts to. I know he has a few blocks but not sure which ones.
I would suggest to get the car coz of the price being sold for. I pre-ordered mine from Speedtech when it was first released in the US. I haven't broken any part yet. I too have the white belts but haven't installed them yet. You might want to get the center locked pulley (if it doesn't have it). Besides if you have any questions re setting up the car or other stuff .... just post it here on the thread. Anyone here will be willing to help you.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by JRRobiso
I would suggest to get the car coz of the price being sold for. I pre-ordered mine from Speedtech when it was first released in the US. I haven't broken any part yet. I too have the white belts but haven't installed them yet. You might want to get the center locked pulley (if it doesn't have it). Besides if you have any questions re setting up the car or other stuff .... just post it here on the thread. Anyone here will be willing to help you.
Jun.. you gonna come out to the reedy race and watch?

i should be getting my 415MS soon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.