Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Car's getting better but there are a few things that I'm going to try. But for now and since the car was clean at the time, I would like to share some pics with you guys...
So what's up with those rear arms?
What car did you snatch those out of and why?

Well, I finally got my MSworlds and world parts. When I have a chance to put it together I'll be smooshing beetles with you guys on Saturdays soon.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

But you need to change your sig first Mr. Riddler este Rydwell...
Old 02-06-2005, 08:48 AM
PMR
Tech Apprentice

This is my first belt driven car. I run 19turn and I keep breaking the rear belt and worst is that every time I replace them I also have to replace the aluminum pulley cuz its also out of shape because of the rear belt eating it up. This breakage happens to me in like every 20 runs and its really expensive and frustrating. If it werent for the good handling and stability of this car I would have sold this kit a long time ago. Funny thing is that I've never broken the front belt.

Any tip to minimize this problem would be great help.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

is there a difference in driving techniques between a belt and a shaft car?

i would prefer to let off the throttle and roll the car around the corners.

when i drive car with a belt, it tends to slow down around the corners. where as a shaft car, it will roll around the corners abit better.

is there anything i can do to the belt car to make driving easier?

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Default Rear Belt

Originally posted by PMR
This is my first belt driven car. I run 19turn and I keep breaking the rear belt and worst is that every time I replace them I also have to replace the aluminum pulley cuz its also out of shape because of the rear belt eating it up. This breakage happens to me in like every 20 runs and its really expensive and frustrating. If it werent for the good handling and stability of this car I would have sold this kit a long time ago. Funny thing is that I've never broken the front belt.

Any tip to minimize this problem would be great help.
Try checking how many clicks you have set for the rear belt tension. I normally run 2 clicks in the rear for tightness. Also you may want to take a look at the manuel for proper adjustment of belt tension as well.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

That sounds funny. I have never had that problem of breaking the rear belt. I have run it supper tight to supper loose. I would make sure the pulley is lined up correctly with the belt. The belt could be running over the side of it or something causing it to break!
Old 02-06-2005, 09:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by trf415ms
How did the narrow testing go Randy? Have you made any revisions to your previously posted So Cal set up. I found it to be a good set up. Still have on power push but the rear of the car is still planted. Any suggestions?? What does shortening the rear camber links and lifting them up on the inner/outer positions do?
I tested with narrow suspension yesterday, and worked on the suspension a little more, and got an extremely dialed setup on this car for SoCal. I was basically just trying to get the rear end of the car to rotate a bit differently, and it's weird that you should ask what shortening and raising the camber link do, because I did both of those things, and got excellent results with the car rotating. It felt best with the camber links all the way short, but we had a chicane and the car was just not stable through it, so I had to move them to the middle location on the hub.

The car could rip out some fast laps, Greg Hodapp and I were the only people putting up high 10 second laptimes, but unfortunately the car was way different than before, and a little unpredictable (could be it was the 3'rd raceday without maintenence and my diff was shot as well as some gritty bearings) but I hit 3 or 4 dots in the main which set me back to 3'rd place. When I concentrated on driving the lines, I was able to keep the pressure on people and force them into mistakes, and just cruised through positions easilly. I'll make a couple more changes (one non-legal TCS modification ) and take it out next Tuesday when all the pros return from Snowbirds.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
You know that open field next to Tamiya's track? It's a cool place to play with other toys while your batteries are charging...
RodC the airplane guy, never thought it would happen
Old 02-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default squat steering plate

Raul this is for you buddy, ball stud are at the fwd position
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-dsc00473.jpg  
Old 02-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Randy, what rear hubs are you running?
Old 02-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Do you guys prefer the standard 415 or the MS?
Old 02-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default which car?

Can anybody confirm which car the team were using at the gp world cup?
I know everybody expected it to be the old car but the reports say it was the ms.
Does antbody know for sure?

Tryhard, I take it you gave Ashby a miss today due to rubbish weather?
Old 02-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default tcs

anyone going to Trackside this month for thr tcs race ?
Old 02-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: which car?

Originally posted by pookat
Can anybody confirm which car the team were using at the gp world cup?
I know everybody expected it to be the old car but the reports say it was the ms.
Does antbody know for sure?

Tryhard, I take it you gave Ashby a miss today due to rubbish weather?
I'll check but i'm pretty sure Marc's car had the old susp on. Yep, TryHard came to greasley instead and I think he was glad he did, lol.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: tcs

Originally posted by Customworksking
anyone going to Trackside this month for thr tcs race ?
Me

Do you guys prefer the standard 415 or the MS?
Depends on the surface. the Standard seems to be the car of choice for carpet, while the MS seems to work better on asphalt. The MS is a better value though with all the hop ups is comes with, then just buy the 3mm chassis seperately

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.