Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 09:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Speaking of bearings, I received a spray lubricant for bearings from the Tamiya worlds. The stuff looks and is very light, haven't run the car yet to see if the oil breaks down.
Is it something like WD-40 that you'd just spray on the bearings? You dont have a part # for it do you? Seems like most of Tamiya's lubricants and greases are high quality...
Old 01-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Randy Caster
I think the problem is coming from impacts on the track, the shock sent back through the drivetrain just ends up flipping the belt.

I guess it could also be a bad mold on the belts or something, maybe the fibers arent straight through the belt, that may cause the problem.

I have yet to flip a white belt, and all I run is a 6 turn motor, so maybe I have just gotten lucky.
Yea ive only flipped my front belt once an that was at the Hpi junior nationals running mod when i managed to hit a flipped car at the end of the straight at full speed Although i think it was beacuse my glass fibretape snapped and the cells hit the belt. Other than that its been fine.
I run my belts at.....

Stock indoors -1 -1
Stock outdoors -2 -2
19t indoors +1 +1
19t outdoors 0 0
Mod indoors +2 +2
Mod outdoors not done that yet but i rekon id stay with +2+2 just to be safe

So far ive only stripped 1 bets an that was wen i accidentally ran +1+1 in mod indoors
Old 01-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Is it something like WD-40 that you'd just spray on the bearings? You dont have a part # for it do you? Seems like most of Tamiya's lubricants and greases are high quality...
I'm not sure what the part number is. They were handing out the lubricants once the car passed inspection.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jeffreylin
I tried Acer but their bearing came with rubber seal that could rub against the shim between the bearing and the wheel hex. The RC4Less bearings also are of a better grade. Never tried Boca so I don't know. I don't remember how much was the set but it was $100 or less.
Just wanted to reply to this. First of all RC4Less bearings are NOT of a better grade than Acer Ceramics. Acer Ceramic bearings are made to tighter tolerances. Contrary to popular belief the lower the Grade number a ball is, the rounder and smoother it is.

Second, there will be no issue of interferance or increased friction due to the seals.

These are basically perfect bearings. They might seem a little tight upon breakin (no tighter than any stock bearing) but once they break in nothing can touch them and they will last you forever. I ran a set in my TC3 for three years and never had to replace one of them. I only cleaned them twice a season and that was more than was necessary (yes the seals are that good!)

If you don't go with the Acer's visit SpeedTech Rc and go for the Yokomo Ceramics!
Old 01-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by koabich
Just wanted to reply to this. First of all RC4Less bearings are NOT of a better grade than Acer Ceramics. Acer Ceramic bearings are made to tighter tolerances. Contrary to popular belief the lower the Grade number a ball is, the rounder and smoother it is.

Second, there will be no issue of interferance or increased friction due to the seals.

These are basically perfect bearings. They might seem a little tight upon breakin (no tighter than any stock bearing) but once they break in nothing can touch them and they will last you forever. I ran a set in my TC3 for three years and never had to replace one of them. I only cleaned them twice a season and that was more than was necessary (yes the seals are that good!)

If you don't go with the Acer's visit SpeedTech Rc and go for the Yokomo Ceramics!
dude, we've already discussed this on page 140. you don't have to agree with me but i am entitled to my opinion so let it go.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default up front ...

hey everyone ..

sorry if this has been asked before ...

has anyone changed their front one way to a front solid axle/spool??

if so .. is it better?? any comments..??

where can i get one from and the part number if possible ..

many thanx ..
Old 01-06-2005, 08:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'm not sure what the part number is. They were handing out the lubricants once the car passed inspection.
Maybe we'll see it over here before long.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: up front ...

Originally posted by hapiya
hey everyone ..

many thanx ..
Speedtech has spools avalible. I havent used mine yet, so I dont know what it will do as far as handling is concerned.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by koabich

I used to run the Acer bearings when they had the hard plastic seals because I could just shave away a little material from the inside of the shield, and it wouldnt contact the inner race of the bearing. I guess they switched to more of a rubber shield on their new bearings though, and although that has the best seal avalible, it will not spin as free as a metal shielded bearing that doesnt make contact with the inner race, ceramic or not.

I agree the Acer ceramics are good bearings, I switched them over to metal shields and didnt have any problems. But for now I just want it to be a bit easier and I'll use the Speedtech bearings that already have metal shields.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking

Speaking of bearings, I received a spray lubricant for bearings from the Tamiya worlds. The stuff looks and is very light, haven't run the car yet to see if the oil breaks down.
I knew the hundreds and hundreds of pics we took at the worlds would be of use someday!!! Check out the name on this baby... Japanese profanity?
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-fuchs.jpg  
Old 01-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you are there and see Arun, tell him Neil said hi.
yep, I told him already......
Arun did pretty well with his 415 on 19T........2nd day of practice - he ran 12.1 already!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: 415 Front Diff???

Originally posted by Apex
Steve,

Have you been able to find an aftermarket diff that is made for the 415?

Thanks,

Apex
Apex,

I assume you're talking about the front of the 415? Many have post setup on how to piece one together using Yokomo outdrives. We have drawings down to CNC Machine steel ones, however, we are tied up at the moment making spools, so this might come a bit later (few months from now)

Steve Wang
Old 01-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Steve, I hadn't ordered your ceramics because I thought they were Squat Dry bearings which I have had bad luck with, I have heard the Yokomo's are very high quality though, I'll propably just go with those.

Patrick blew out last weekend, but he should be there this Sat, I'm gonna keep the delrin outdrives for spares, but if I can just exchange the C-Hub for Spindles, that would be great.
Hi Randy,

I did receive your email by the way, and I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to reply. But I'll look for Patrick this Saturday, and I'll give you a reply also about the bearing prices. I guess you won't be making it this Sat? Suppose to be a good crowd this Sat

Steve Wang
Old 01-06-2005, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: up front ...

Originally posted by hapiya
hey everyone ..

many thanx ..
hapiya,

front spool is more of a tuning option. Under certain conditions, they can be better than one-way, but under certain conditions they are not. Usually I see guys run spools on larger, flowing type of tracks, and one-ways on tight twisting tracks. Just my observation

We should have more spools available in 2-3 weeks as they are getting ready to be heat treated.

Steve Wang
Old 01-07-2005, 07:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Randy,

I did receive your email by the way, and I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to reply. But I'll look for Patrick this Saturday, and I'll give you a reply also about the bearing prices. I guess you won't be making it this Sat? Suppose to be a good crowd this Sat

Steve Wang
I cant make it tomorrow, but I did manage to get the following sat off. There will propably be a good turnout because of the rain, but I doubt there will be much of a pro-mod class since everyone is at the Novak race, so it wouldnt work out for me too well.

I'll get in contact with Patrick today and give him the C-Hubs, thanks for doing the swap for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.