Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 01-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Fpart, Where you from? and where are you racing. Theres a GOOD track in Horshman PA just outside Jersey where alot of us go on sat nights. They run touring stock as there biggest class and normally get over 35 enteries per sat in that class.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Why not place black o-rings in the outdrive. This creates a seal to prevent dirt from getting to the thrust bearing while still being able to adjust the diff screw.
hmmm I like your thinking, I'll try that.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

You could have asked me mate, I'd have given you the tip, he he...
Old 01-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why not place black o-rings in the outdrive. This creates a seal to prevent dirt from getting to the thrust bearing while still being able to adjust the diff screw.
Pssst.....wanna know another little tip? Take one of those red shock sponges and put in the thrust bearing side of the outdrive before you put your universal shaft in....keeps dirt out...but can keep dirt in if you run on a poo covered surface But yeah, the o-ring idea is very cool too!
Old 01-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rod, your avatar is dialed. Never thought school girl outfits were so hot.
Yeah, among my many other distractions from RC cars, anime is one of them.

Here's a link to the very large broadband versions:

Gunslinger Girl

Rico and Henrietta
Old 01-05-2005, 09:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Why don't you just use it as a practice car, and your new cars as race cars?
It's looking like that, not getting any serious hits on it... I guess people are expecting me to ask $200 for it
Old 01-05-2005, 09:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rtypec
Yeah, among my many other distractions from RC cars, anime is one of them.

Here's a link to the very large broadband versions:

Gunslinger Girl

Rico and Henrietta
Ahh, Rod and his elite websites, I'm unauthorized to view them! Maybe you should have given me permission too instead of just Neil
Old 01-05-2005, 09:10 AM
s2
Tech Adept

Is there a place I can get that online?
my mate got some from r10, let me try a pr, they warped when i used motorspray to clean my diff during a rebuild though
Old 01-05-2005, 09:28 AM
s2
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Randy Caster
To add to what Carl has said, be careful when narrowing the car too much, because it is definately a handful to drive. I have 187mm wide in front and rear, but I like a lot of steering, my car would propably be undrivable to most people.
so the narrow width, will give generally more steering through all parts of a corner? or is the effect particulally noticable at certain points during the corner?

cheers
Old 01-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

narrow width will give more traction and less grip on the concerned end. Beware I'm not talking about narrow hinge pins with same overall width.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by s2
so the narrow width, will give generally more steering through all parts of a corner? or is the effect particulally noticable at certain points during the corner?

cheers
I guess I kinda said that wrong, it isnt so much the narrow width that brings the steering, the narrow width will make the car very fast reacting.

One thing I noticed is that I actually had to go back to a Mazda 6 body when the track had a chicane in it, the car would want to break loose without it, just gave more stability in the back of the car.

Yesterday at SoCal there were 2 fairly tight back to back turns, the first was a little over 90 degrees, and the second was a 180, my car rotated extremely well around them with the narrow blocks and spacing.

I also changed from yellow springs all around, to blue springs all around, and it loosened the back end up a lot, making it rotate even better. I think Im going to stick to that setup for SoCal, but maybe use an X-B combination instead of an X-A, give a hair more bite to make it easier to drive.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Also, I tried the flipped front blocks yesterday, an A-D combination to give sweep. It gave a lot more high speed steering, coming off the straightaway we usually have a tight turn, I noticed with this setup I could stay lower in the turn and carry more speed through it. Normally I have to run a little high and scrub quite a bit of speed.

I'm also getting used to using brakes with the 1 way again, it's a little tough because I only use them at the end of the straight, and SoCal has a banked oval outer track, but it definately helps rotate the rear of the car when I just tap the brakes quickly.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Carl .....

Carl,

do I need to bring my Tamiya car to Southshore this weekend ?????????????
Old 01-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
I think the problem is coming from impacts on the track, the shock sent back through the drivetrain just ends up flipping the belt.

I guess it could also be a bad mold on the belts or something, maybe the fibers arent straight through the belt, that may cause the problem.

I have yet to flip a white belt, and all I run is a 6 turn motor, so maybe I have just gotten lucky.

your battery it hitting the belt on impact, it was happening to me but i glued a thin graphite brace onlong the inboard battery slot
Old 01-05-2005, 10:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by dawgmeat
your battery it hitting the belt on impact, it was happening to me but i glued a thin graphite brace onlong the inboard battery slot
Mine isnt

I guess to prevent the problem you guys could file your battery slots so that the batteries sit as low as possible, that will give a little more reinforcement.

The Yokomo center chassis stiffener from the origional black and ssg SD's might make a good brace to glue to the chassis like you did for the people that havent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.