R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-24-2004, 10:31 AM   #5881
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Theres got to be smeone who makes a lt. weight universal shaft that will work instead of the steel F201 universals right?

Wow-the $470 415ms is starting to edge towards a $550++ 415. But-I suppose Ive got that much tied into one of my Xrays.
Ray,
Most people use the regular 415 for carpet since it has the stiffer chassis and more durable suspension bits than the MS. It is also about $100 cheaper than the MS too. So if you go with the non-MS 415, the parts in my sig will work just fine.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 10:39 AM   #5882
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by forty6
Ray,
Most people use the regular 415 for carpet since it has the stiffer chassis and more durable suspension bits than the MS. It is also about $100 cheaper than the MS too. So if you go with the non-MS 415, the parts in my sig will work just fine.
Thanks SO much. Good to know I dont need to et the MS version.

I am hearing totally conflicting reports about it on foam tires. One guy says fine-another says-28mm will hit 2 or 3 parts of the front suspension. I know the camber link ball cup will hit the inside of the rim (my EvoIII did that). But what concerns me is if the rim hits the steering blocks or the spring perches-then you have to mount the shocks more inboard-which screws with the intended wheelrates. Then car might handle right-maybe not.

I am on a fact finding mission!! Can you tell? if this doesnt wotrk out-I might buy a TB02 and race GT2 and maybe see if I can run GT1 with it too at a Regional TCS event. My ultimate goal for this spring.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 10:49 AM   #5883
Tech Master

There are several guys here that regularly use the 415 with foamies on carpet. They can provide you with more insight.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 11:03 AM   #5884
Tech Champion

Thanks forty6. All but one part to build the diff is in stock at SpeedtechRC!!! Not too shabby!! The only missing part is a diff adjusting kit.

Ray
Old 12-24-2004, 11:19 AM   #5885
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ray:

changing cars again??? just when I thought you had found one you like. sorry about the other day. no internet was using my phone to surf. the GTX is gone I traded it for a KO speedo. Mini wanted it for the 1.12th scale. I sent out the other package out already.
call me whenever.
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 11:20 AM   #5886
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by TimXLB
Ray:

changing cars again??? just when I thought you had found one you like. sorry about the other day. no internet was using my phone to surf. the GTX is gone I traded it for a KO speedo. Mini wanted it for the 1.12th scale. I sent out the other package out already.
call me whenever.
yeah-I am pretty pathetic-arent I?? Its the wnter blahs-I think. need a new toy!! I got a ton to talk to you about-I am at work.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:20 AM   #5887
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Theres got to be smeone who makes a lt. weight universal shaft that will work instead of the steel F201 universals right?

Wow-the $470 415ms is starting to edge towards a $550++ 415. But-I suppose Ive got that much tied into one of my Xrays.
Put one on preorder at Speedtech, $470 with titanium screws.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 11:23 AM   #5888
Tech Prophet

I'm pretty well known for switching cars, but I think I can say the MS will be my car through 05 (or at least for the next 3 months before they come out with a new version of it)
Old 12-24-2004, 11:26 AM   #5889
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Caster
I'm pretty well known for switching cars, but I think I can say the MS will be my car through 05 (or at least for the next 3 months before they come out with a new version of it)
It is fun switching cars but sometimes it slows me down a tad as I'm always working on new setups and I never have a car long enough to really get her dialed in the way I would like on many different tracks.

I feel like you do. I'm staying with my EVO IV til another version comes out. I just like shaft cars plus I can use a standard diff for my car and I will be running some TCS races with it so I need to keep it all Tamiya.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 01:02 PM   #5890
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
were you jeff lin's friend by chance?
Yeah, that was me. I take it you were the Chris who helped me out with gearing? Thanks! It was a lot better.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 01:09 PM   #5891
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default rubbing points

Quote:
Thanks SO much. Good to know I dont need to et the MS version.

I am hearing totally conflicting reports about it on foam tires. One guy says fine-another says-28mm will hit 2 or 3 parts of the front suspension. I know the camber link ball cup will hit the inside of the rim (my EvoIII did that). But what concerns me is if the rim hits the steering blocks or the spring perches-then you have to mount the shocks more inboard-which screws with the intended wheelrates. Then car might handle right-maybe not.

I am on a fact finding mission!! Can you tell? if this doesnt wotrk out-I might buy a TB02 and race GT2 and maybe see if I can run GT1 with it too at a Regional TCS event. My ultimate goal for this spring.
Ray,
The only places we have had consistent problems is with the upper kingpin- the stock one will never clear without machining, so we use EVO IV upper kingpin's. No mor rubbing. THe next spot is the lower swaybar mount. I was thinking of flipping the arms over on moving the mount to the inner shock hole, since I only use one position for my shocks on the arm(outer). I am using the 1mm spacer, with 4mm hexes, and TM wheels 28 mm frt and rear. These are the only problems we have. The EVO IV frt knuckles rub with wheels wider than 25mm, and need modifications, the 415 frt knuckles have a more sweeped arm. Which is nice. I hope this helps, we have a major race happening on the 2nd, I will give more insight then... Happy holidays to all...
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 01:17 PM   #5892
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default driveshafts

Quote:

Ray, I have been toiying with making up a CVD style driveshaft instead of the the internal driveshafts. I have old Schumacher Mi2 stub axles, and I am in the hunt for shafts that fit the cups, Schuies are to large. Maybe Associated shafts, they definitely fit Schuie's stubs. I just have to test some stuff. I will keep you posted. Everyone makes alloy CDV wannabee's I just have to find the right one..
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 05:51 PM   #5893
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
It is fun switching cars but sometimes it slows me down a tad as I'm always working on new setups and I never have a car long enough to really get her dialed in the way I would like on many different tracks.

I feel like you do. I'm staying with my EVO IV til another version comes out. I just like shaft cars plus I can use a standard diff for my car and I will be running some TCS races with it so I need to keep it all Tamiya.
For those TCS races that are too tight for a 1 way, I didnt see anything in the rulebook about lubricating my 1 way with JB weld
Old 12-24-2004, 05:53 PM   #5894
Tech Prophet

Default Re: driveshafts

Quote:
Originally posted by Raul Garcia
Ray, I have been toiying with making up a CVD style driveshaft instead of the the internal driveshafts. I have old Schumacher Mi2 stub axles, and I am in the hunt for shafts that fit the cups, Schuies are to large. Maybe Associated shafts, they definitely fit Schuie's stubs. I just have to test some stuff. I will keep you posted. Everyone makes alloy CDV wannabee's I just have to find the right one..
I actually find that the stock CVA's seem to last a lot longer than a CVD style driveshaft. With my Losi I was replacing the dogbone after every raceday.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:54 PM   #5895
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
Yeah, that was me. I take it you were the Chris who helped me out with gearing? Thanks! It was a lot better.
hey dude... whats up? yah that was me. talk to jeff.. he can hook you up with some good motors. or you can try the EA Motorsports monster stock. thats the one i was using and same with Robert Morris.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote