Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 12-04-2004, 09:19 AM
  #5251  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Regarding the Kawada spur gears, Dave sent a few to me a while back, and I have to say they are propably the nicest gears I've run. Very true and quiet, and they lasted forever.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 12-04-2004, 11:22 AM
  #5252  
TJ
Tech Champion
 
TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,479
Default

Originally posted by kentech
When built according to the manual the suspension blocks are:

Front:
F: 1 A
R: 1 A (bridge)

Rear:
F: 1 A
R: 1 C

In addition you get these:
1 B
1 D
1 X
1 D bridge
So this what is normally used for racing or is there are better combination for the 415ms
TJ is offline  
Old 12-04-2004, 11:24 AM
  #5253  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by TJ
So this what is normally used for racing or is there are better combination for the 415ms
It's propably a really good starting point, and just tune from there for your perticular track conditions.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 12-04-2004, 12:31 PM
  #5254  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,915
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

If any one needs RW gears Schumacher USA imports the full range in 48P and 64P. They are manchined, are quiet and also last forever. We also import the Titanium Racing Ti Pinions....
AdrianM is offline  
Old 12-04-2004, 12:49 PM
  #5255  
Tech Regular
 
Ballsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hamilton, United Kingdom
Posts: 354
Default

I've just bought an "MS" from Japan, hopefully taking delivery next week

I think I'll probably take the titanium bits off my other 415 and sell it now.
Ballsie is offline  
Old 12-04-2004, 05:44 PM
  #5256  
Tech Elite
 
ChadCapece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CofC
Posts: 3,313
Default 415

sorry
ChadCapece is offline  
Old 12-04-2004, 07:50 PM
  #5257  
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Default

Originally posted by AdrianM
If any one needs RW gears Schumacher USA imports the full range in 48P and 64P. They are manchined, are quiet and also last forever. We also import the Titanium Racing Ti Pinions....
I use this combination..RW spurs and Ti pinions...they are great. The RW's are perfect and the Ti pinions are light and last forever!!
koabich is offline  
Old 12-04-2004, 10:30 PM
  #5258  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Regarding the Kawada spur gears, Dave sent a few to me a while back, and I have to say they are propably the nicest gears I've run. Very true and quiet, and they lasted forever.
Need some more... they Xenon ones are OK I guess if your in a pinch...they are very brittle..but are fairly strong.... but the Kawada is a much better true spinning spur gear
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 12-04-2004, 10:47 PM
  #5259  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Need some more... they Xenon ones are OK I guess if your in a pinch...they are very brittle..but are fairly strong.... but the Kawada is a much better true spinning spur gear
-Dave
I saw them on precision rc's site, so I was going to order a few there. Believe it or not, I've never tried a RW gear, I guess I really need to. I think I just like black gears better.

What size gear do I need for this car anyway, 64pitch?
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 12-04-2004, 11:47 PM
  #5260  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,169
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I remember Dan Garber (Tamiya factory driver) Had a 106 kawada gear on his.

-Korey
Korey Harbke is offline  
Old 12-05-2004, 01:45 AM
  #5261  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Randy Caster
I saw them on precision rc's site, so I was going to order a few there. Believe it or not, I've never tried a RW gear, I guess I really need to. I think I just like black gears better.

What size gear do I need for this car anyway, 64pitch?
Randy..

I use anywhere from a 102~108T spur.. that should cover most gear ratios..

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 12-05-2004, 06:59 AM
  #5262  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 230
Default MS conversion set 49351

anyone know more about this? retail? etc... i hear its due for release on the 16th DEC.
g4t2 is offline  
Old 12-05-2004, 07:11 AM
  #5263  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,657
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default LW arms

First off I know that the Lw arms are not designed for carpet, but I tried them out just for fun .I'm very sorry to say that it is the weakiest and most fragile arm in the history oh RC cars, anybody who has the 415Ms and is planning racing carpet, YOUR GOING TO IN THE HURT LOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dawgmeat is offline  
Old 12-05-2004, 08:46 AM
  #5264  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Randy..

I use anywhere from a 102~108T spur.. that should cover most gear ratios..

-Dave
I better use a 106-108, gonna need a big spur to run small pinions
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 12-05-2004, 08:47 AM
  #5265  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: LW arms

Originally posted by dawgmeat
First off I know that the Lw arms are not designed for carpet, but I tried them out just for fun .I'm very sorry to say that it is the weakiest and most fragile arm in the history oh RC cars, anybody who has the 415Ms and is planning racing carpet, YOUR GOING TO IN THE HURT LOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I kinda got the idea that the MS is more of an asphault car anyway, with the thinner chassis. The 415 might be the better car for the rug..
Randy Caster is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.