R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2004, 08:01 AM   #4666
Tech Elite
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,505
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 190mm

I'm back to the stock arms, anyway will i exceed 190mm using 28mm foams tires, what is max amount of spacers that I can use without exceedind 190mm?
dawgmeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 08:27 AM   #4667
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default Re: 190mm

Quote:
Originally posted by dawgmeat
I'm back to the stock arms, anyway will i exceed 190mm using 28mm foams tires, what is max amount of spacers that I can use without exceedind 190mm?
I am running 28mm foams and I am at 188-189mm with the following:
A1 and C1 front blocks
1.5mm worth of spacers on each corner.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 08:47 AM   #4668
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 123
Default

Hi koabich

I race a 415 at larry's performance rc. I do pretty good with it with foam tires. I have done some modifications to my car so that I can run foams without to much interference. I was wondering who you are since it says you are from the detroit area. Do you run at larry's, if so drop me a line and I can share set ups with you. Its good to see another tamiya driver at larry's I seem to be the only one.
mrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:50 AM   #4669
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mrodney
Hi koabich


I race a 415 at larry's performance rc. I do pretty good with it with foam tires. I have done some modifications to my car so that I can run foams without to much interference. I was wondering who you are since it says you are from the detroit area. Do you run at larry's, if so drop me a line and I can share set ups with you. Its good to see another tamiya driver at larry's I seem to be the only one.
Hey, is you name Mark? If it is, I know who you are. You will recongize me as well. My name is Joe Galvez. I mostly practice at Larry's. Racing there for me is hard because of work and school. I have to take a day off of work just to get up there to practice. I will be there this Friday all day except until the racing starts, I have to meet with my group for a school project.
I posted my carpet set up a couple pages back. i am still tweaking it but so far I love the car. I have the front diff from the guy in Germany and have made other typical changes to the car so I can run it on carpet. I also have gotten it so I can run 28mm foams with no rubbing. I would love to know your setup!
Talk to you soon!
Joe
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:52 AM   #4670
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 123
Default

And you are ?
mrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:55 AM   #4671
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mrodney
And you are ?
read above, I have editied my post!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:11 AM   #4672
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 123
Default

I contacted the guy from germany about the diffs, he responded but he didn't tell me how much a set would cost. What did you pay for the set of diff halfs from jergen.
mrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:29 AM   #4673
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mrodney
I contacted the guy from germany about the diffs, he responded but he didn't tell me how much a set would cost. What did you pay for the set of diff halfs from jergen.
They were alot...$75.00 with shipping. At the time I bought them he didn't offer the blades for the pins in the dog bones. I had less than 2 packs through the car and the outdrives showed a lot of wear. I have since stated using the Corrally blades, the fit the Tamiya dog bones perfectly but I had to widen the slots in the outdrives. I hear he is now offering Blades that fit with no modification...definately use the blades. If you buy his diff, you need all the same parts used to build the rear diff with the exception of the diff rings (standard 415 diff rings do not fit his diff...at least at the time when I bought it). You have to use the diff rings from the EVO 3.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:53 AM   #4674
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

koabich
regarding the aluminium frontdiff there were some changes in the meantime for some reasons. Jürgen started with the EVO3 diffrings as at that time the 415 diffrings were hardly available here. Now also the 415 diffrings can be used so both should work now. Regarding the blades this seem to work even better but was developed later. I have to say I never heard of much wear with the diffhalves. I have no personal experience in this area but I know Alan from the UK is using one of the very first samples of the frontdiff. Itīs a long time since heīs using the frontdiff and from what he told me he has very little wear after all the time. Donīt know exactly but maybe itīs a good idea using some Tamiya Antiwear grease in this area if blades arenīt used.

Regarding the blades there are two versions. The Corally blades are the ones Jürgen used during redesign of the diff. Later he made some own blades using a lowfriction stuff (something as Teflon) but I have heard now downside is this isnīt as strong as the Corally blades. As itīs very new I donīt know if anybody tried the new (white) blades. I just got my diffs now but I have to wait until I get all the other parts as I have no diffrings, diffspring and thrustbearings here.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:10 PM   #4675
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: England (UK)
Posts: 440
Default

Hi, it's nearly the winter season over here in the UK (or it's just started) and i'm going to be racing on high grip carpet which is on quiet a big circuit. I was wondering what the 415 is like on carpet in stock . At the moment i've got $540 to play with, from selling a few of my un-wanted cars and i want really the best i can aford. Also after the winter i'll be racing outside on ashphalt . Is there anything bad about the 415 and any tips on building it and any set up difficulties.

Thanks Chazz
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:28 PM   #4676
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
koabich
regarding the aluminium frontdiff there were some changes in the meantime for some reasons. Jürgen started with the EVO3 diffrings as at that time the 415 diffrings were hardly available here. Now also the 415 diffrings can be used so both should work now. Regarding the blades this seem to work even better but was developed later. I have to say I never heard of much wear with the diffhalves. I have no personal experience in this area but I know Alan from the UK is using one of the very first samples of the frontdiff. Itīs a long time since heīs using the frontdiff and from what he told me he has very little wear after all the time. Donīt know exactly but maybe itīs a good idea using some Tamiya Antiwear grease in this area if blades arenīt used.

Regarding the blades there are two versions. The Corally blades are the ones Jürgen used during redesign of the diff. Later he made some own blades using a lowfriction stuff (something as Teflon) but I have heard now downside is this isnīt as strong as the Corally blades. As itīs very new I donīt know if anybody tried the new (white) blades. I just got my diffs now but I have to wait until I get all the other parts as I have no diffrings, diffspring and thrustbearings here.
Yeah, I thought it was weird that they would wear so fast but they did! I started using the Corrally blades and everything is now fine. I did have to woden the slots in the outdrives but now, with the blades, they work perfect.
I might have to get a new set if they can currently use the 415 diff rings, it sucks having to stock 2 different sets. For the parts you need check out a store on ebay called walawala. The guy is located in Hong Kong. He has the best pricing (by far) and you get the stuff quick. The pricing he charges for shipping from Hong kong to the states is much cheaper than if I were to pay shipping by ordering the parts from stores in the States. It usually takes 1.5 weeks to get something from him. I have done over 80 ebay transactions with him...he is good!!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:40 PM   #4677
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hmm I think for a set of new diffhalves you could buy a lot of diffrings. So if it works now there isnīt really a need for new ones.
But maybe you could just file away a little so the 415 diff rings will work.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:42 PM   #4678
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks on the advice with walawala.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:01 PM   #4679
Tech Master
 
ngo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1,264
Send a message via ICQ to ngo8
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by koabich
Yeah, I thought it was weird that they would wear so fast but they did! I started using the Corrally blades and everything is now fine. I did have to woden the slots in the outdrives but now, with the blades, they work perfect.
I might have to get a new set if they can currently use the 415 diff rings, it sucks having to stock 2 different sets. For the parts you need check out a store on ebay called walawala. The guy is located in Hong Kong. He has the best pricing (by far) and you get the stuff quick. The pricing he charges for shipping from Hong kong to the states is much cheaper than if I were to pay shipping by ordering the parts from stores in the States. It usually takes 1.5 weeks to get something from him. I have done over 80 ebay transactions with him...he is good!!
yeah walawala is good there is also rl075 he is the fastest shipper on ebay its unreal he also has good prices i get from both these guys
http://stores.ebay.com/WalawalaStore...isplayZ2QQtZkm
this is there ebay store.
http://search.stores.ebay.com/ws/sea...textsearched=2



__________________
Xray|ORCA|Sanwa|Trinity|KoPropo
ngo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:48 PM   #4680
Tech Elite
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,505
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: 190mm

Quote:
Originally posted by koabich
I am running 28mm foams and I am at 188-189mm with the following:
A1 and C1 front blocks
1.5mm worth of spacers on each corner.
part # for those 2 parts andif anybody has a pic hook me cuz.
dawgmeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:25 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net