Tamiya TRF415

You're on Page 287 of 1407
Go to
  • Tweak
    So how do you guys avoid tweak on the 415? I noticed that one good hit and the car tweaks significantly. It seems as if all the tweak is coming from the front of the car where the spacers connect the top deck with the mid deck. Once I loosen the screws, you can see the top and mid decks snap back to place.
  • Re: Tweak
    Quote:
    Originally posted by linger
    So how do you guys avoid tweak on the 415? I noticed that one good hit and the car tweaks significantly. It seems as if all the tweak is coming from the front of the car where the spacers connect the top deck with the mid deck. Once I loosen the screws, you can see the top and mid decks snap back to place.
    ling... my car was hurting at ROAR12 due to the tweak you mentioned. when tyree helped me out with my car... i noticed he REALLY cranked down on the screws.. kinda scary how tight it was. next time i jumped a board.. it became loose again.

has anyone counter sunk the top deck? and if you have.. does it help?
  • Another option that has been done by Dsrbltoys is to countersink all of the locating points on the mid decks. Not sure how effective it has been.

I have gotten in the habit of taking the tires off each round and loosening the topdeck on a flat plate and then putting it all back together.
  • Hebiki - I'm already using countersunk screws on the topdeck!. Countersinking the topdeck won't help....the screws don't shift there. The screws are locked into the topdeck, but upon impact, the screw bend a little and the blue spacers between the top deck and mid deck shift.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Difuser
    Another option that has been done by Dsrbltoys is to countersink all of the locating points on the mid decks. Not sure how effective it has been.

I have gotten in the habit of taking the tires off each round and loosening the topdeck on a flat plate and then putting it all back together.
    Dsrbltoys gotta figure out a way to lock in the blue spacers to the mid deck.
  • ling.. YGPM. ill try some things this weekend..and let you know.
    Quote:
    I remember seeing Surikan's car or reading his set -up somewhere, I don't remember but I thought he had eliminated the mid-deck or just didn't use the posts that attach the deck with the screws only, which I guess would allow the chassis to flex but not tweek? Food for thought!
    Maybe? Something to consider!
    Just my 2$
    Quote:

linger crash?!
  • 1/8 diff balls
    Will 1/8 diff balls fit the diff pulley? 1/8 is 3.125mm if I am not mistaken. It is more accessible to me than 3mm diff balls.
  • Re: Re: Tweak
    Quote:
    Originally posted by over gear
    linger crash?!
    Me crash? Err....I'm asking about chassis tweak for a friend... yeah, that's it.
  • Re: Re: Re: Tweak
    Quote:
    Me crash? Err....I'm asking about chassis tweak for a friend... yeah, that's it.
    Yo have a PM
  • Whoa.....looks like Tamiya decided to bring out "another" car. Saw a pic on the net...the $415MS.
    It looks good. Not sure what else is new besides the suspension. Wonder if they're gonna release an update kit with all the mods. for you $415 owners.
  • 1/8 Diff Balls
    elnitro,

I was hoping for the same as I could not find any 3mm Diff Balls anywhere. The one hobby shop that has them I frigen forgot to buy them at and they are over 100kms away. I just bought some RC12L 1/8 balls and tried them. They do not fit. Shoot!

1/8" = 3.175mm , BTW

Need exactly 3mm for those inner holes on the diff pulley.
  • Re: 1/8 Diff Balls
    Quote:
    Originally posted by 190mph
    elnitro,

I was hoping for the same as I could not find any 3mm Diff Balls anywhere. The one hobby shop that has them I frigen forgot to buy them at and they are over 100kms away. I just bought some RC12L 1/8 balls and tried them. They do not fit. Shoot!

1/8" = 3.175mm , BTW

Need exactly 3mm for those inner holes on the diff pulley.
    You can order them directly from Acer or Schumacher.
  • Diff Balls
    Actually a good place to buy diff balls for Silicon Nitride if you don't mind spending up front to buy a bag of 100 is Salem Specialty Ball Company. There is no minimum order. I am going to order some 100 packs of 3/32" and 3mm.

I had a quote in March 2002 for 3/32" at $0.64 each for 100 qty that I was going to use for the TC3. That is grade 5 ones. 100 pcs will last for a long time.

I am going to order some this week.