Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 09-19-2004, 04:06 PM
  #3886  
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Does anybody know where I can get a front diff and spool for 415. I understand that somebody in Germany makes diff halves for the 415, does anybody know how to contact him? Can anybody recommend a spool for the 415?
AMGRacer is offline  
Old 09-19-2004, 05:28 PM
  #3887  
Tech Master
 
ngo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1,264
Default

i think speedtech makes a spool for the 415 ,are you running carpet ,asphalt ? i got a diff from jurgen and its top qualitty it works great but i am running carpet foam
ngo8 is offline  
Old 09-19-2004, 05:38 PM
  #3888  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 435
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Front Ball Diff

What diff halves are needed to build a front ball diff? The rear bulkheads are further apart than the front so TRF415 diff joints (51058) do not seem to work.
blewer is offline  
Old 09-19-2004, 05:43 PM
  #3889  
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Originally posted by ngo8
i think speedtech makes a spool for the 415 ,are you running carpet ,asphalt ? i got a diff from jurgen and its top qualitty it works great but i am running carpet foam
I am actually running on fairly low bite concrete with rubber tires in the modified class. A few guys are running front diffs and they are far more consistent over the 5 minutes then I am.
AMGRacer is offline  
Old 09-19-2004, 08:21 PM
  #3890  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Does anybody know where I can get a front diff and spool for 415. I understand that somebody in Germany makes diff halves for the 415, does anybody know how to contact him? Can anybody recommend a spool for the 415?
get in touch with steve at speedtech. i prototyped the spool (right before the reedy race this year) and it worked very well. the fit and finish is excellent. the usual quality you can expect from steve and the products he carries.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 09-19-2004, 08:29 PM
  #3891  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

AMG a friend here locally is a Yok driver and gave me parts for the MR4 offroad car to build a diff.The only part I changed was to add the TAmiya 35T pulley. The diff was a drop in fit with a touch of shimming needed to center with no slop. For those looking to do this there are about 3 different lengths of outdrives for the various cars. The one that worked was a "medium" length to the others.
Difuser is offline  
Old 09-19-2004, 08:33 PM
  #3892  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

should be the rear set of drives... the old belt car. the buggy i think uses the same diffs as those. pretty much just sub the Tamiya pulley and 3mm balls, build as usual.
Turbonium is offline  
Old 09-20-2004, 11:51 AM
  #3893  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
stonedgti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 700
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

who has Jurgen's email? please send to me.
stonedgti is offline  
Old 09-20-2004, 12:32 PM
  #3894  
Tech Master
 
ngo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1,264
Default

Originally posted by stonedgti
who has Jurgen's email? please send to me.
you got PM BUD
ngo8 is offline  
Old 09-20-2004, 04:15 PM
  #3895  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,370
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

hey guys I think I might have solved the spur gear adaptor grub screw problem I was having.
Basically I've taken one of the long grub-type screws thats used for droop adjustment, and used that (It was a short one of two I had, I think for the std 415 suspension). The only worry I had over this was that it might be unbalanced when spinning, however, I've tested it both by hand (spinning it freely on the layshaft, no other pulleys/belts connected), and powered (belts, pulleys etc connected) and there seems to be no undue vibration, so I think it's problem solved

Another plus point is not needing to use a thin allen key if I want to adjust it, as the screw head protudes now by about a mm, meaning I can just use my small allen driver instead
Much easier when a rapid spur gear change is needed

Oh and the Blue TRF setting boards are soooo nice, car looks very happy on it now

Regards
Ed
TryHard is offline  
Old 09-20-2004, 05:27 PM
  #3896  
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Default

Originally posted by stonedgti
who has Jurgen's email? please send to me.
Has any one else noticed that his alum. outdrives wear pretty bad...or is it just me?
koabich is offline  
Old 09-20-2004, 05:34 PM
  #3897  
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Does anybody have Surikarn's setup from the 2004 Reedy Race?
AMGRacer is offline  
Old 09-20-2004, 06:01 PM
  #3898  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by TryHard
hey guys I think I might have solved the spur gear adaptor grub screw problem I was having.
Basically I've taken one of the long grub-type screws thats used for droop adjustment, and used that (It was a short one of two I had, I think for the std 415 suspension). The only worry I had over this was that it might be unbalanced when spinning, however, I've tested it both by hand (spinning it freely on the layshaft, no other pulleys/belts connected), and powered (belts, pulleys etc connected) and there seems to be no undue vibration, so I think it's problem solved

Another plus point is not needing to use a thin allen key if I want to adjust it, as the screw head protudes now by about a mm, meaning I can just use my small allen driver instead
Much easier when a rapid spur gear change is needed

Oh and the Blue TRF setting boards are soooo nice, car looks very happy on it now

Regards
Ed
great tip! thanks.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 09-20-2004, 06:11 PM
  #3899  
Registered User
 
ritchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,044
Default

Originally posted by Difuser
AMG a friend here locally is a Yok driver and gave me parts for the MR4 offroad car to build a diff.The only part I changed was to add the TAmiya 35T pulley. The diff was a drop in fit with a touch of shimming needed to center with no slop. For those looking to do this there are about 3 different lengths of outdrives for the various cars. The one that worked was a "medium" length to the others.
these parts are from the mr4tc on road car and mr4bc off road car

heres your parts numbers

ZS-501 DIFF HALVES you will get two sets one for the front and one for the rear. you will use the FRONT parts, these will have the equal spacing for the outer bearings.
ZS-506 DIFF RINGS,
ZS-507 THRUST BALLS AND WASHERS
ZC-507T if you want carbide balls
ZS-508 DIFF SCREW AND LOCK NUT.
cost.. less then $20.00 u.s. (little more with carbide balls)

Last edited by ritchie; 09-20-2004 at 06:20 PM.
ritchie is offline  
Old 09-20-2004, 06:35 PM
  #3900  
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Originally posted by ritchie
these parts are from the mr4tc on road car and mr4bc off road car

heres your parts numbers

ZS-501 DIFF HALVES you will get two sets one for the front and one for the rear. you will use the FRONT parts, these will have the equal spacing for the outer bearings.
ZS-506 DIFF RINGS,
ZS-507 THRUST BALLS AND WASHERS
ZC-507T if you want carbide balls
ZS-508 DIFF SCREW AND LOCK NUT.
cost.. less then $20.00 u.s. (little more with carbide balls)
AWESOME!! Thanks for that info. Do you need the Tamiya 201 shafts as described above?
AMGRacer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.