Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by YoKoMo-MX4
But if the best line is through someones car why not take it?
I think both karn and masami is very fast driver in their own style, so consider it was a constant value and this thread is should not discussing that.
So, wassup with our champ ?? after he leaves 414 he seems having a inconsisten result.
Because this is a car thread, so lets talk about the car...
Is 415 is not as good as 414 ??
Or it just a matter of not enough time ?
I believe I ever read a post from this thread(I could be wrong) that said the champ is going faster and faster...but the fact is he only qualified in 5th place.
So I think Kazuo is our 415 hero now...
Do you guys think tamiya supplied a different protoype car for testing results??
Old 11-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

I would think that it's becuase of the crash that he was invovled in at first place.... in a pro race, if you make a mistake... it's almost impossible to make it up unless your opponet make a mistake.

Barry Baker could've been the world champ if not for that meeting with the board later in the race and Karn was able to be consistant.

the skill level of pro racers are so close, it's more about consistancy then their skill level. Recovering from the crash is not as easy on the pro-level. since there is no dominace of speed or skill level, they are way too close.

415 is a great RC car, so as 414 so as any competition level RC car. They are all great!.

But I will buy a Tamiya..... just cuz I am a taimya fan....
Old 11-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by GoldFinger
I think both karn and masami is very fast driver in their own style, so consider it was a constant value and this thread is should not discussing that.
So, wassup with our champ ?? after he leaves 414 he seems having a inconsisten result.
Because this is a car thread, so lets talk about the car...
Is 415 is not as good as 414 ??
Or it just a matter of not enough time ?
I believe I ever read a post from this thread(I could be wrong) that said the champ is going faster and faster...but the fact is he only qualified in 5th place.
So I think Kazuo is our 415 hero now...
Do you guys think tamiya supplied a different protoype car for testing results??
Er what other good results did the Champ have with the 414? I am struggling to remember any. Rick
Old 11-18-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have the video, and Barry was pissed and telling Surikarn off for not waiting for Masami, after Masami bounced off of Surikarn's car in the last lap. I like Barry, but his actions were really uncalled for. He screwed up and that was it. Surikarn wasn't the fastest, but he was the most consistent. Plus the move he made was so beautiful, that I think he deserved the title.

And don't diss the EVOIII. I'm having a lot of good results with it. I'm sure the 415 will be a great car, but it's kind of pricey right now.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

urrr.......now we are talking about 415 or world championship???
Old 11-18-2003, 05:38 PM

maybe we should start a surikarn thread
Old 11-18-2003, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by racenut123
Pyramid,your not fooling anyone.You personally think Barry is a better driver.That is not a proven fact.They have both proven to be equally fast.Quit trying to push your opinion on everyone.By the way,Barry hit the wall himself.And because he did, thats why he's not world champion.That doesnt take away the fact that surikarn won fair an square.Your so pathetic in your attempts to make hime look bad.Guess what?Noones listening anymore.I dont have a preference between the 2 because I know they are both World class drivers.
Racenut..try to spent sometimes to read couple pages from last post...

...that is a directly strong statement you have made.

As I said, that is not the point barry hit the wall.. get this out of your nut head I said it because someone here (sorry if I have made this direct statement now), including you obviously, are so pathetic and make excuses why the 2002 champ did not win this time with the beloved 415 (do you think I hate this car?)... Thats how the whole barry story things cames up.

You are free to have your own opinions, just dont use any langguage that directly offense other people

If no one listening anymore.. why they all still talking around the barry subject after your rude post
....So you still listening to me now
Old 11-18-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I think Barry B is an awsome driver.I equally think Surikarn is a capable, world class driver.Maybe before you post you need to learn to convey what your saying clearly Pyramid because you come off like your trying to start a little arguement over who you think is the better driver.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking racenut and pyramid CHILL

Chill guys.

Take this in the PM

Or lets take it out in the tracks
Old 11-18-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: racenut and pyramid CHILL

Originally posted by FUK_WRX

Or lets take it out in the tracks
Yeah!Lets take it to the track!
Old 11-18-2003, 07:24 PM

I think Barry B is an awsome driver.I equally think Surikarn is a capable, world class driver.Maybe before you post you need to learn to convey what your saying clearly Pyramid because you come off like your trying to start a little arguement over who you think is the better driver.
Oh well... if that is what you or anyone elses tough of what I said... my bad.. should buy the 2004 edition of english dictionary

ok then... aside from the factory driver stories....

Have anyone ever try to measures how different it is to hardwire your batteries? Does it makes any different? I keep thinking to do it but that is just too much of a hassle if it doesnt make noticable different..

.. Also, on the 415 pictures around the net. I could not get a clear look on how the upper carbon deck that hold upper turnbuckle link installed. I mean, I can see the carbon deck is screwed to the bulkhead, but then the corners that hold the upper link, does it also screwed into the bulkhead (maybe underneath)?

Can anyone that have seen the car veryfied this? ..many thanks
Old 11-18-2003, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Calvin Ng
maybe we should start a surikarn thread
Yeah.. you and Alan Lim got my point.
This is a car thread, I like to talk about car especially the one I love to ride, its 414 and 415 is next.
But i see to much excuse in this thread especially if it involving Karn, if he loose lets face it.
And the "nut" is getting nuts already

BTW, why dont we see some comments from the man that stated that 415 is getting faster and faster..and lets talk what happen then.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: racenut and pyramid CHILL

Yeah!Lets take it to the track!
So its

Racenut VS Pyramid

Venue: So Cal raceway

Both racer pay for own air fare and accomodation. if needed.

One of you guys are using a TB EVO III right ?? Then we can distinguish which kit is worthy of carrying the TRF name. LOL hope this dont start a new arguement. LOL.

!!Jokes!!

Since you guys sorted your selves out lets talk more about the 415, can really wait for this beast to hit the shelves.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rick Draper
Er what other good results did the Champ have with the 414? I am struggling to remember any. Rick
well with the 414 he won

2002-2003 IFMAR-istc world championship

1-2 finish at the 2001 hong kong internation race

2nd place at the ROAR on road carpet nationals

2nd place at malasian championship

1st place at the 2002 reedy race of thailand in stock

1st place at the 2002 reedy race of thailand in mod.

that isnt bad.

now list all the major races losi and david spashet have won with the xxx-s.
see my point.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by GoldFinger
BTW, why dont we see some comments from the man that stated that 415 is getting faster and faster..and lets talk what happen then.

The fact that he was going faster and faster don't means he's the fastest and will stay the fastest on the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.