Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 09-15-2004, 01:05 AM
  #3811  
Tech Adept
 
TRF_SPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 157
Default

They are prototype outdrives for the TRF415...Steen is a TRF driver...remember it
TRF_SPAIN is offline  
Old 09-15-2004, 01:41 AM
  #3812  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (3)
 
kansasracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 1,615
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

OK guys,

Looking through the past 20 pages and trying to get this car setup for carpet (haven't received it yet, bought it used and should be here by Friday)

Is there something special I need to do to get this to work with foams. The pages previous don't give me a clear picture... (26mm up front and 28mm in the rear)

And also,

Should I get the LW set for carpet? Is it a must?

Thanks, and glad to be part of the family!!
kansasracer is offline  
Old 09-15-2004, 01:54 AM
  #3813  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Dragonfire
Anyone know of any online shops that have the LW suspension arm set (x2) in stock? Part number is 49346.

Thanx...
Dragonfire is offline  
Old 09-15-2004, 09:26 AM
  #3814  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: belgium , brussels
Posts: 55
Default THE NEW SET UP SHEET415

DOES SOMEONE HAVE THE NEW SET UP SHEET 415 LIGHT WEIGHT EDITION,THANKS FOR ANSWERING......
BE THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grooveman is offline  
Old 09-15-2004, 09:32 AM
  #3815  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,222
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: THE NEW SET UP SHEET415

Originally posted by grooveman
DOES SOMEONE HAVE THE NEW SET UP SHEET 415 LIGHT WEIGHT EDITION,THANKS FOR ANSWERING......
BE THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pls unlock your CAPS lock..

and it's: "May the Force be with You."

Star Wars Fans mark your calanders: SEPT.21.. Stars Wars Trilogy out on DVD.


rc-zombies is offline  
Old 09-15-2004, 09:51 AM
  #3816  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 208
Default

Dragonfire: speedtechrc.com
LeadFoot is offline  
Old 09-15-2004, 01:01 PM
  #3817  
Tech Master
 
PizzaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parts Unkown
Posts: 1,095
Default Re: Re: THE NEW SET UP SHEET415

Originally posted by rc-zombies
pls unlock your CAPS lock..

and it's: "May the Force be with You."

Star Wars Fans mark your calanders: SEPT.21.. Stars Wars Trilogy out on DVD.


about time too
PizzaDude is offline  
Old 09-15-2004, 01:05 PM
  #3818  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: England (UK)
Posts: 440
Default

Hi, i was wondering just out of curiosity how many teeth are there on the spur gear which comes with 415 and what dp it is

Chazz
Chazz is offline  
Old 09-15-2004, 01:20 PM
  #3819  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

64 DP, 102T
Hugo is offline  
Old 09-15-2004, 01:21 PM
  #3820  
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Default

Originally posted by kansasracer
OK guys,

Looking through the past 20 pages and trying to get this car setup for carpet (haven't received it yet, bought it used and should be here by Friday)

Is there something special I need to do to get this to work with foams. The pages previous don't give me a clear picture... (26mm up front and 28mm in the rear)

And also,

Should I get the LW set for carpet? Is it a must?

Thanks, and glad to be part of the family!!
I have played with the car a little on carpet. I have 5 packs through it and it seemed pretty good with the factory settings. I filled the front shocks with 70 Associated oil with white Associated springs and 60 weight Associated with purple Assoc. springs in the rear. I am using the 3 hole pistons in all shocks. I did end up leaning the top of the rear shocks in one hole from the factory settings. The car seemed really good, especially through the transitions but I did need more steering. I will try adding some kick-up to the front allowing me to also increase castor.

I was running 19 turn with Jaco 28mm tires (purple/orange in front and purple in the rear). Besides adding kickup for my next run the onlyt change I will be making is using different compound tires (double pink/orange in the front and double pink in the rear as these tires are better suited to modified than the compounds I was using).

As far as the LW suspension, I bought it but am hesitant to use it. According to Tamiya the LW suspension was designed to be used with long, flowing tracks and not tight tracks. Since my local track is very tight, I will only try the LW suspension once I feel I have fully dialed in the stock on so I can compare the difference.
koabich is offline  
Old 09-15-2004, 01:26 PM
  #3821  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: England (UK)
Posts: 440
Default

Originally posted by Chazz
Hi, i was wondering just out of curiosity how many teeth are there on the spur gear which comes with 415 and what dp it is

Chazz
Also do kimbrough spur gears work on the 415

Chazz
Chazz is offline  
Old 09-15-2004, 01:27 PM
  #3822  
s2
Tech Adept
 
s2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nr Coventry, UK
Posts: 239
Default

yup
s2 is offline  
Old 09-15-2004, 01:32 PM
  #3823  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: England (UK)
Posts: 440
Default

One more question would a kimbrough 48dp 96tooth spur gear work on a the 415

Chazz

Thanks
Chazz is offline  
Old 09-15-2004, 01:38 PM
  #3824  
s2
Tech Adept
 
s2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nr Coventry, UK
Posts: 239
Default

yup (again )
s2 is offline  
Old 09-15-2004, 01:50 PM
  #3825  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Chazz
One more question would a kimbrough 48dp 96tooth spur gear work on a the 415

Chazz

Thanks
not in 48 pitch... the 64p should be fine, but the 48 would be more like 70-72T...
Turbonium is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.