Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 09-10-2004, 02:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Tamiya will be reliesing new alloy parts for the LW suspension soon. Rick
Old 09-10-2004, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

rick wot are these?the suspension mounts?
Old 09-10-2004, 02:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by trf racer
rick wot are these?the suspension mounts?
Here's a quick translation from Tamiya Japan
TB EVOIV lightweight aluminum propeller shaft October 26th dispatch \600 (Item 53783)
TB EVO IV aluminum rear upright (1°) October 26th dispatch \3,600 (Item 53784)
TB EVO IV aluminum center cup October 26th dispatch \500 (Item 53785)
TB EVOIV one somatotype????? front center cup joint October 26th dispatch \600 (Item 53786)
TB-02&TA04 lightweight reversible suspension set October 27th dispatch \8,400 (Item 53794)

Alan
Old 09-10-2004, 02:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
The stock 415 is not fragile. It's very durable. But when you add on the LW suspension.. then it becomes a TC3 as far as arms go. Bearings on the other hand are kinda small. I haven't had any trouble with mine (I didn't blow out the grease either)... but I'm using Squat 950 in the rears and the Pro4 knuckle up front.

TryHard... have you seen my pics on the Pro4 knuckle that I posted up in the Evo IV forum? If there are any special pics you need of it... let me know.
Cool, thanks Kilruf, I'll have a look back throught the pages and let you know.

Disagree with you over the lwt arms durability though, no way near as fragile as a TC3's arms.... haven't noted a drop off in durability with em, only broke one front arm, as previously mentioned (Never broke a std one, but then again, I've used the lwt set for longer, so balances out)

I'm still un-decided on the bearings though, I have blown the greese out of mine, and they still spin freely (Atm), I just make sure I re-oil them regulary. I think I would still prefer some bigger ones, just to be sure.
Probably do the upgrade when I put an order in for some spare parts (diff rings, kingpins )

Are the Squat bearings ceramic?

I'm sure there was another question I wanted to ask on here, but I've completely forgotton about it atm.....

Ed
Old 09-10-2004, 04:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 78 (99%+)
Default 9 volt?

Originally posted by John Doucakis
5th

John, there is either a serious weight issue being light, or being heavy with your car from what I can see. You have all this micro electronics, then you install a fan, and a 9 Volt battery to the chassis. First this doesnt look good, second it throws off the balance, and third, why buy all the light goodies that you have , then put this stuff on the chassis. DOnt get me wrong, your car looks great, but I just cant grasp the concept of making evrything ultra light then loaded up with weight in a different way. Just wire the fan to the race pack, instead of the extra battery. Maybe it is something I am not understanding, or seeing. Please clarify.
Rememebr, I am not saying it doesnt look awesome, I just have some questions. I hope the TRF415 works well, it should. I dont own one, I drive a Mi2, which is still very similar. Good luck.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, the 9v is not as heavy as you might assume. From stock it is heavy but I have removed all the metal wrap that has around it with the company's logo.
So now it is exactly the same weight with the Servo on the other side.

I am still under weight so if you notice I have added some led under the steering assemply.

In generally you want to have a car as light as possible and then have the option of where to position the balance so you can use it as a tuning option.

Now, the fan works best with this battery. I have tried any other combination and since I have the space and being underweight I am happy with this configuration. I think that this way everything is neat and clean.

Thus my car is pretty much all balanced with the 9V battery opposit to the Futaba servo and the receiver opposite to the ESC.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:49 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rick Draper
Tamiya will be reliesing new alloy parts for the LW suspension soon. Rick
Hmm, again there is a chance they could be using larger bearings with these new alloy parts but I think they will use the same crap again.
I was talking again with Jürgen Horn regarding machining existing rear uprights for larger bearings and he said it´s no problem. Even machining the hole deeper as larger bearings are wider also don´t seems to be a problem.
I don´t know if I should wait until October 26th to see what bearings Tamiya will use for the new uprights. Maybe I will go for the Square and then sending to Jürgen for machining.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Rookie

I will try it tomorrow.

I will write a report on how practice went tomorrow night.
This car is an alien 414 WCR.
My friend John let's try a 415 or TBEVO4.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

I will try it tomorrow.

I will write a report on how practice went tomorrow night.
One thing I have to say about the 414, which looks great btw john, is thoose curved bulkheads look the business! Y can't we have them on the 415
Old 09-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by TryHard
One thing I have to say about the 414, which looks great btw john, is thoose curved bulkheads look the business! Y can't we have them on the 415
tryhard,

well...if you want curved bulkheads...take your dremel, and very carefully go along the edges of the bulkhead...and...just kidding

By the way, we currently have a ceramic bearing kit (for the old suspension) and we will soon release a ceramic bearing kit with the LW suspension

Steve Wang
Old 09-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

hey steve any more news on the Ti screw packs?

Btw guys, I just noticed R10 has some of the blue TRF setup boards in stock.....

53655 TRF SETTING BOARD BLUE

Old 09-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Default Non-hard material arms

Has anybody tried the non-hard material arms? Is it any lighter than the hard ones?

Last edited by forty6; 09-10-2004 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

heys guys Q for you.

Has anyone noticed a difference in performance when running the front belt stabiliser? Do you need to run the belt looser or is it still ok to run the same tension? Bear in mind at the moment, because I'm running stock and the low-friction belts, I have both at -1 click.

Oh, and for the mean-time, i've decided to bear with the small axle bearings, and just brought some more However I have also just purchased some of the 6mm wheel hexes, so hopeully that will help solve the 26mm rubber tyre rub prob.

Ed
Old 09-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TRF 415 Refined version

Hi Guys,

I have noticed that Tamiya will release a TRF415 refined version in November.

Do you have any details ?
I guess it will be a TRF415 with EVO4 reversible arms and some other stuffs...
Old 09-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I thought the details were posted a page or so back on the Refined Kit.

John, your 414 looks bad ass!! I also agree with you on the weight issue. Rechargable 9v batteries are also lighter than alki's... You did a good job on that car! Let us know how it handles!

I have the front belt stab. on the way too. So it would be interesting on how it works with the White Belts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.