Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by Obsidian
Greetings everyone,

I'm looking for the blue aluminum shock adjusters and blue aluminum shock retainers, but can't seem to find anyone that has them in stock. Speedtechrc doesn't even have them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheerz
Obsidian... email steve.. he gets huge shipments in every week for tamiya stuff.. and sometimes since he's so busy the website isnt updated nearly as fast. if you email him, he'll be able to let you know right away if he has it or not. if not.. ordering isnt a problem. since your in norcal.. shipping should be very quick.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Tech Lord

has anyone actually busted the smaller bearings in the LW suspension? im probably gonna upgrade my 415 but prefer not to do any crazy mods to keep it TCS legal. thanks for your help guys!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hebiki
has anyone actually busted the smaller bearings...
*raises his hand*

I blew out the bearings with motorspray and oiled them when I built the car right before the KO Race. After the first day, I noticed that one of the left rear axle bearings was now a bushing. I really didn't hit anything on that day either Also, I was told that a lot of the TRF Japan drivers do not blow out the grease in their bearings. They use light bearing oil to "thin down" the grease that's already in there. If I remember correctly, DJ did not blow out his bearings and he never had problems with them.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by rtypec
*raises his hand*

I blew out the bearings with motorspray and oiled them when I built the car right before the KO Race. After the first day, I noticed that one of the left rear axle bearings was now a bushing. I really didn't hit anything on that day either Also, I was told that a lot of the TRF Japan drivers do not blow out the grease in their bearings. They use light bearing oil to "thin down" the grease that's already in there. If I remember correctly, DJ did not blow out his bearings and he never had problems with them.
thanks rod. ill follow that advice. see you at mazda cup!
Old 09-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Obsidian
Greetings everyone,

I'm looking for the blue aluminum shock adjusters and blue aluminum shock retainers, but can't seem to find anyone that has them in stock. Speedtechrc doesn't even have them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheerz
Obsidian,

Actually, we do stock them, they are listed under the shock parts section, however, the blue anodized color ones are currenty out of stock. Our next expected shipment from Tamiya should be in 1-2 weeks. Sorry for the delay also, shipping from us to norcal is 2 days by UPS ground, and most orders are shipped the same day it is placed

Steve Wang
Old 09-09-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

*raises his hand*

yeah, thicker grease keeps the bearing more durable (although not as free) We will have replacement bearings for it soon, and also a ceramic bearing kit for the EVO IV as well.

Steve Wang
Old 09-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Who makes the aluminum body posts and carbon fiber bumper braces that I have been seeing on people's cars?
Old 09-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the response I will wait and order them from you. I've ordered form you before and as always your shipping is lightening fast! and service is excellent!

Cheerz

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Obsidian,

Actually, we do stock them, they are listed under the shock parts section, however, the blue anodized color ones are currenty out of stock. Our next expected shipment from Tamiya should be in 1-2 weeks. Sorry for the delay also, shipping from us to norcal is 2 days by UPS ground, and most orders are shipped the same day it is placed

Steve Wang
Old 09-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

What's the int ratio?
Old 09-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by PizzaDude
What's the int ratio?
pizza - 2.1875
Old 09-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Hebiki
has anyone actually busted the smaller bearings in the LW suspension? im probably gonna upgrade my 415 but prefer not to do any crazy mods to keep it TCS legal. thanks for your help guys!
I had my 415 newly built for the KO race. The bearings were cleaned out and relubed. I didn't crash, but I did sieze up 2 bearings on the first race day! Actually in Qual#3, my front bearing siezed up, which caused a huge load on the speedo and caused my speedo to blow. Ouch, that was my A-main run! I should have bought some of Speedtech's ceramics from the start.

I should be getting the LW suspension soon. What are the bearing sizes?

Lot's to test on carpet soon. 415, versus 415+LT suspension, versus Evo4.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
Who makes the aluminum body posts and carbon fiber bumper braces that I have been seeing on people's cars?
Nismoskyline17,

actually, the bumper brace is from Square, and we should have them as early as next week along with a bunch of other square goodies. The aluminum body posts are made by a lot of people (square, speedway pal, tobee craft) you'll just have to measure the length you want and order the right length accordingly.

Steve Wang
Old 09-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Linger thanks.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:51 PM
V12
Tech Elite

*raises his hand*

that means this bearing size is crap as supposed before. Not blowing out the grease may work in modified as you have more than enough power. But I think for stock itīs just too much drag and may slow you down. I really donīt understand why Tamiya went this way.
I donīt want using the old rear aluminium uprights with dremeling the rear arms as the German TRF drivers did as this will weak the arms.
Do I really need using HPI uprights at my Tamyia?
Old 09-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
Squat also make a front bumber brace that has a support that is a but more durable than the Square one... ... it all depends on what you want
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.